Visit

All posts from the inception of the board until Dec. 31, 2005

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Eloise

Visit

Post by Eloise » September 17th, 2005, 12:58 am

Well Katrina, has sent two of a team of Doctors away (maybe for good).
The really good news, the partner that stayed is a wonderful woman Doctor. she did my replacement implant. As a cardio Doc she is the most knowledgeable about EP studies and works closely with my EP Doc. She's by far the best of the team that Katrina tore apart. She's staying!
Since Katrina, I haven't spoken to any of the EP staff, she assured me that she has the equipment in her office and could take care of the readings. the ICD techs come to her office for this.........
Had a good visit and seem to be doing very well.
I may have mentioned the pain I have under my arm into my side; she asked if I had shingles......I did, and this is the same path and was left with reccuring pain.
Wish I could tell you all of the personal stories coming out of the Disaster, the ones that affect me and my family. Ask that you pray for my Uncle who was evaccuated from Kenner Hospital to one in Shreveport........he was having hyperbolic treatments on his knee.......Yesterday, he suffered a mild stroke......Please pray he will recover, he's so far away from home.
Having lived in Chalmette and Port Sulphur (both just about gone) we have been anxious, 2 of my sons have been working hard getting people in touch with one another.
The two eldest sons are most upset because their childhood homes are no more..........Enough about this.
Tomorrow we are all getting together at my youngest son's house for a big Birthday Party............Tom will be 80, I'll be 75 on September 17th (yes the same day). Also, celebrating 3 grandchildren's birthdays.
Isn't it wonderful, celebrations are still most important.
My Love to all of you and Prayers for a wonderful Internet Family!
Eloise

marian

Visit

Post by marian » September 17th, 2005, 6:56 am

Dear Eloise,

Happy Birthday to you and Tom, and your grandchildren!! I'm sorry that your birthdays were preceeded with such disasters, but at your ages you could probably tell many stories.
You ought to record some of your life's experiences on audio tape for your families to have in the future.
Thanks so much for taking time to bring us some updates...and have a Great Celebration!

marian

UK Steve

Post by UK Steve » September 17th, 2005, 8:48 am

Hi Eloise,Love and best wishes for you and your family from here in the UK I cannot begin to understand the pain and suffering of the people effected by Katrina The news over here is still full of stories of devastation
My prayers are for you all ,but what great spirit you and others show,
Happy birthday Take care Steve(UK)

don

Post by don » September 17th, 2005, 2:32 pm

Hi Eloise

I hope you are having a wonderful birthday celebration today. In addition to celebrating the milestones along the road of life that you and Tom have made there's a big celebration that all of yours are safe.

I'm thrilled that your cardiologist is staying. A good cardiologist is better than a good EP any day (Is my predjudice showing?).

Since you've made it through all this trauma without arrhythmia I think you're good to go. If that didn't set of an electrical storm I don't think anything will.

Tell Tom and the kids I said 'hey'.

Love

don

Susan

Post by Susan » September 17th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Hi Eloise

Hope you all had a great birthday celebration!

Happy Birthday :)

Susan

Helen

Post by Helen » September 17th, 2005, 4:50 pm

Dear Eloise, Wishing you and Tom a wonderful brithday... Rushing out..... Talk to you soon. Love, Helen

jana

Post by jana » September 17th, 2005, 11:28 pm

A belated happy birthday to you and your family members! I guess I can be belated with you, since I forgot to call my mom for her b-day yesterday, huh? I'm such a wonderful daughter! :oops:

I hope things get better for your family and all who were affected by Katrina. I'm sure none of us can understand what you're going through unless we've lived it (kind of like trying to explain zaps to somebody, right?)

Jana