I'm back...again!

All posts from the inception of the board until Dec. 31, 2005

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Shelby
Board Creator

I'm back...again!

Post by Shelby » December 12th, 2005, 3:54 pm

Hello wonderful ICD family! I've spent the last week on a cruise in Mexico--just what the doctor ordered! Wonderful food and fabulous relaxation :D. I highly recommend cruising to everyone looking for a great vacation. Anyway, I'm back here and I'll be posting again, as the holidays permit. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season so far!

Shelby
Afraid to post here? Remember:
"Some people think only intellect counts...but the functions of intellect are insufficient without courage, love, friendship, compassion and empathy." ~Dean Koontz

Helen

Post by Helen » December 12th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Hi Shelby, Glad you had a great time... cruising is my favorite kind of vacation...hope to do it next year... missed you though and glad to have you back here.. Love, Helen

Paul S

Post by Paul S » December 12th, 2005, 4:28 pm

Welcome back. What line & ship were you on? Cruising is my favorite vacation. We were on a cruise last week, from the 3rd to the 10th. NCL's Majesty out of Charleston to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Key West. We just happened to hit Key West during the delayed from October Fantesy Fest. Talk about interesting sights, wow.

Shelby
Board Creator

Post by Shelby » December 12th, 2005, 4:45 pm

We were on the Celebrity Infinity--highly recommend it to anyone! We started in San Diego and went to Catalina Island (California), Cabo San Lucas, and Ensenada with 2 days at sea. Absolutely fabulous. :D
Shelby
"Some people think only intellect counts...but the functions of intellect are insufficient without courage, love, friendship, compassion and empathy." ~Dean Koontz

Paul S

Post by Paul S » December 12th, 2005, 5:54 pm

We love Celebrity. The best of the medium priced lines. We've been on three, Horizon, Galaxy, & Zenith. Also been on Carnival, Premier, and NCL.

marian

Post by marian » December 12th, 2005, 6:56 pm

gosh, wish I could cruise.....marian

Shelby
Board Creator

Post by Shelby » December 12th, 2005, 8:36 pm

Paul S wrote:We love Celebrity. The best of the medium priced lines. We've been on three, Horizon, Galaxy, & Zenith. Also been on Carnival, Premier, and NCL.
My mom is a travel agent and she recommended Celebrity as well. She said she's never had a dissastisfied client on Celebrity. This was our first cruise together and Kevin's first cruise ever. I'd been to Alaska on Holland America when I was 13, so this was my first adult cruise. :D

Shelby

Shelby
Board Creator

Post by Shelby » December 12th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Here's a little Christmas humor for you :D

ruthy

Hi SHELBY

Post by ruthy » December 13th, 2005, 7:05 am

Glad To have you back , its always nice to get away , i would love to go on a cruise, haven't even been on a plane , lol . Glad you had a good time . Take care , Ruthy :)
DCM, V.T , DIABETES, SLEEP APNEA, DCM GENETIC

Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.

Amanda1

Post by Amanda1 » December 14th, 2005, 2:46 pm

Glad you had fun on your cruise! My folks just left for one on Monday. I'm sure they are having a wonderful fruity drink with an umbrella in it right now....

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » December 14th, 2005, 9:06 pm

Welcome Back - Im so glad your vacation was fun and relaxing! Glad to have you "home". 8)
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

John C

Welcome back home

Post by John C » December 30th, 2005, 2:07 pm

Welcome back home glad you have a very good vacation. The wife and I have been on a few cruises and we like the Celebrity Lines... They seem to have the best food!!! I agree with Paul S... They are very good.
Maybe some day down the road we could put togother a Cruise for some of us (ICD) people here on the board and meet and get to know each other better.

John C

TravelingMan

Post by TravelingMan » December 30th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Glad to hear you had a great time on the cruise. How was Cabo San Lucas? We're headed down for five days in January. Staying at the Hotel Finistera. Any suggestions on restaurants, things to do, etc?

Shelby
Board Creator

Post by Shelby » December 30th, 2005, 2:30 pm

TravelingMan wrote:Glad to hear you had a great time on the cruise. How was Cabo San Lucas? We're headed down for five days in January. Staying at the Hotel Finistera. Any suggestions on restaurants, things to do, etc?
Hi TravelingMan and welcome to the forum! We only spent the day in Cabo, returning to our ship at night. I really liked it though--it was definitely my favorite destination. We just ate at one of the little restaurants on the street--yummy--and then walked around the shops and streets. I've heard that the Lover's Beach is fantastic and there is a lot to do beach-related. Sorry I can't be more help, but I know you'll have a great time!

Shelby