The ICDSGMB 2015 awards....

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Colin Pearson

The ICDSGMB 2015 awards....

Post by Colin Pearson » December 23rd, 2015, 8:42 pm

For me thankfully it has been a quiet year but there has been a lot of drama for a fair few of the others.

This is just a bit of fun to round off the year and what better way than to have an awards ceremony. I think the best way to start would be to argue about the categories for a little while and then argue some more about the nominations and then have a really big argument about the winners.

When I say argue, I mean that in the light hearted way we do on here.

:mutt:

And the really important bit is to also hear from members who don't normally post. I know there are lots of you, it would be fantastic to hear from you.

So, onto the categories, I have no idea about these but as a starter (we can add / drop them as needs be)..

1, Woman who has been through the mangle the most.

2, Man who has been through the mangle the most.

3, Best supporting voice

4, The voice of reason

5, The voice of comedy

6, The grumpiest voice

What would you like to see, and remember this is just a bit of fun.

It is also a chance to reflect upon the year, lets hear your story.

mykidsmom

Re: The ICDSGMB 2015 awards....

Post by mykidsmom » December 23rd, 2015, 8:50 pm

well for me its been quite a year......certainly not a quiet year hahhaha

I fecking (irish swear word) hate december.......right now im nursing a broken toe......(let my cell phone fall on it last friday) and a couple of crack ribs (fell into the bath accidently as i was leaning in to shampoo the baby hairs) so no heart issues...but god thank heavens theyve improved pain meds lol...

Im done shopping..so have time to contemplate..

I vote chrissie as the most mangled woman..

I vote Freckles as the voice of reason...

I vote rags....well as rags..

My overall year has been fricking crappy healthwise.........this is one year i'll be happy to put to bed...and not mention again.......I even considered buying a walker to toddle around the stores........hope you guys have a more positive view on 2015
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » December 23rd, 2015, 8:51 pm

So now that the opening post (OP) is in place I'll start with my year.

Thankfully it has been a quiet one with only a few short runs of VT (ventricula tachycardio) recorded as at my last interrogation a few months ago and the same in the one before that, I think I've had two interrogations this year... I still hate it when they do that back to front pacing thing.

My biggest achievement this year has been reaching and exceeding my target of cycling 2,000 miles! I'm currently at 2,044 miles and would like to get it to 2,100 before the years ends, that is, if it stops raining here in the South East of the UK.

I'll leave my nominations for now and wait to see what other peoples nominations are before I post mine.

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » December 23rd, 2015, 8:59 pm

mykidsmom wrote:well for me its been quite a year......certainly not a quiet year hahhaha

I fecking (irish swear word) hate december.......right now im nursing a broken toe......(let my cell phone fall on it last friday) and a couple of crack ribs (fell into the bath accidently as i was leaning in to shampoo the baby hairs) so no heart issues...but god thank heavens theyve improved pain meds lol...

Im done shopping..so have time to contemplate..

I vote chrissie as the most mangled woman..

I vote Freckles as the voice of reason...

I vote rags....well as rags..

My overall year has been fricking crappy healthwise.........this is one year i'll be happy to put to bed...and not mention again.......I even considered buying a walker to toddle around the stores........hope you guys have a more positive view on 2015
Blimey woman, what are you like !

Sorry, but I did chuckle a bit, well a lot reading that whewsmile But ouch consolsmile

New category there; 7, Clumsy clogs.

As for the swearing, was it this year we had a little discussion about rude words? Think it was and remember it being quite rude as well.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 23rd, 2015, 8:59 pm

way to go colin ...great achievement....before all this dropping dead stuff happened i did marathon cycling, cross country and mountain biking.....i lived on my bike....anyways about a week ago i woke up for the first time in a year and thought oh jesus i can cycle again...so i decided to start with the indoor cycle..i can log my regular road bike on it and keep track....and did very well...and the weather is holding up so i thought ok.....tomorrow im taking this bike OUTSIDE lol....i was all happy until 5 mins afterwards i dropped the phone on my foot.....then fell into the bath a couple of hrs later...so right now im hopping around with broken toes and broken ribs..........and if anyone mentions that irish luck im going to ....well.......punch them..Im so proud of you colin....way to go!!!

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 23rd, 2015, 9:03 pm

I musta missed the swearing war....id have won that hands down hahahhahahaa......oh id win the clumsey category no problem hehehehee....

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 23rd, 2015, 10:43 pm

OMG Helen are you serious about the bike, punisher you can't even hold your phone, (and by the way what sort of phone is it that would break your toe, a solid gold one or shaped like a brick) or bend over to wash the kids hair. Chit, you would be a danger to yourself and other road users. Just stay safe riding your own bike in the comfort of your own home please. Set up a video of the country and bring a few potplants close and have a fan on to imitate the breeze through your hair. You will hardly know the difference. dancee dancee

As most of you know I have had an adventitious year, but one that has been very fulfilling on many fronts. I have seen the joy of my daughter getting married and I have faced a devastating diagnosis, only to have it turned around shortly after. I look at it as a year where I was blessed and can't wait until next year to see what that brings.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

slk123

Post by slk123 » December 24th, 2015, 7:08 am

Oh, Helen, I hope you feel better soon. I still think you should write a story of your life and all those mishaps, sell it to a tv station and reap the benefits.

This past year has been a really good one for me. I'm accepting my situation and have been able to exercise 3 to 4 times a week. I'm not doing what I used to, but at least I can exercise. And I'm not needing to rest in bed as much as before.

I think we need to add another category of who the sane person is; this has been in dispute and maybe we can put it to rest at the awards ceremony. :runaway:

1. Woman who has been through the mangle the most. - ozchrissy

2. Man who has been through the mangle the most. - robo

3. Best supporting voice - ozchrissy and mykidsmom

4. The voice of reason - freckles

5. The voice of comedy - robo

6. The grumpiest voice - ???

7. Clumsy clogs - mykidsmom

What would you like to see, and remember this is just a bit of fun. mrag and robo mud wrestling together whewsmile
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 24th, 2015, 7:18 am

Stacey I think we need to add a category for you,

Most outstanding performance by a newbie - slk123

Very proud of you kiddo.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » December 24th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Most appreciative even though not posting much . . . me.

CeeBee
Diagnosed with HCM 2008; ICD 2009
Female, live in Midwest
College professor, mystery reader; take college students abroad at least twice a year. No shocks from that -- yet.
Do our ICDs mean we'll survive a zombie apocalypse??

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 24th, 2015, 2:02 pm

I agree with all this....but in all fairness i have to say.......EVERYONE here deserves the best award of all........the SURVIVAL award... here we are...another christmas...we've had ups and downs, good days and bad days.......and look........we are all still here........great achievement by all.....

:congratulations: :hugg: :hugg: :hugg: :hugg: :hugg: :hugg:

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 24th, 2015, 2:05 pm

Its a metal Iphone chrissie...pretty heavy......im still laughing over your "bike " recommendations hahahaa....and in view of this i will refrain from telling you all about my todays Incident hehe....i'll save it for the new year...

You ok CeeCee? wondered where you were....

and Stacey so happy all is settling down for you....hugs...

so for the first christmas in 5 years im letting the local paramedics have a holiday hahahha....

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » December 24th, 2015, 3:40 pm

Do we need a "sitting on top of the washing machine" smileyquoteunquote woman award.

:mutt:

slk123

Post by slk123 » December 24th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Ozchrissy wrote:Stacey I think we need to add a category for you,

Most outstanding performance by a newbie - slk123

Very proud of you kiddo.
THANK YOU!!! As you know, I couldn't have done it without the help of all you others out there! I may have had some really stupid questions, and some really good questions (????). I am just so happy you all took my questions and helped me through this most difficult time in my life. I have never been so humbled.
dancehearts dancehearts dancehearts
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

Mary Kay

Post by Mary Kay » December 25th, 2015, 3:29 am

Well, I've kept up with Chrissy through FB so she definitely wins the first award. She should also be one of the many to win the 3rd award. There are a lot for that category. Number 5 is a tie between Robo and Mrag. Number 6, Mrag for sure. But then I've been out of touch for quite awhile. I'm sure I've missed a lot.

1, Woman who has been through the mangle the most.

2, Man who has been through the mangle the most.

3, Best supporting voice

4, The voice of reason

5, The voice of comedy

6, The grumpiest voice
CHF, Cardiomyopathy and LBBB
EF 20%
St. Jude Bi Vent ICD CRT implanted September 9, 2011
7 shock storm inappropriate due to dislodged lead
damaged lead removed and replaced Sept 26, 2011
EF improved to 50% in December 2012
Carvedilol 12.5 mg 2x
Ramipril 5 mg 2x