Vitamin B12

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Ozchrissy

Vitamin B12

Post by Ozchrissy » December 22nd, 2015, 9:17 pm

I do not process Vitamin B12 because of my cancer surgery, the part that allows it to be broken down was removed. With all that has been going on in the past few months I have forgotten about my B12 injections. A lot of the things I am experiencing at the moment are as a result of the B12 insufficiency. I just thought I would post what these are as I have seen threads on here of people complaining of the the same symptoms, and thought that maybe it may be relevant to all of us. I get my needle tomorrow and will be vigilant in getting them monthly once again. Often we forget about these other things that can affect us.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/guide ... oms-causes
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Re: Vitamin B12

Post by mykidsmom » December 23rd, 2015, 10:29 am

Ive had Vitamin B12 issues for years chrissie....originally they said it was because i was Vegan, but i always took the suppliments and now im not vegan i still have the issue..and i see in your post it can be related to lupus.....its amazing the issues you can have when your low on it...i call it my energy vitamin....i use the disolving strips daily
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 23rd, 2015, 5:42 pm

I am going to ask today about the dissolving strips, I have been tempted to crack open the injection vial and suck that the last couple of days as my hands are useless. But I didn't, but the strips would go straight into my blood from my mouth, so will check that out. I can't believe I didn't get the shots, it has been months, but with all that has been going on I think I kind of have an excuse, but boy, am paying for it now, but get the shot in about 2 hours, so things should start looking up. We take these 'vitamins' for granted some times, considering we are on such heavy duty other drugs, but they are just as vital.

Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,

slk123

Post by slk123 » December 23rd, 2015, 6:41 pm

When the doctor asks for the "blood workup" and you get your blood taken and tested, do you know if this is something that they check. I don't recall being told anything about my b12 levels.
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 23rd, 2015, 8:54 pm

i think they do them automatically and if you had an issue youd hear..i hate having blood workups...cos i generally end up with an added two more diseases i didnt have in the last bloodwork up hehehhe
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 24th, 2015, 12:58 am

Today's test was just for B12, and I am like you Stacey, I never get the results until times like this. I honestly feel it is worth getting it checked. It is amazing I mentioned it to the woman who took my blood for the Warfarin yesterday and she said she gets them for extra energy, and the woman who actually gave me my shot today also gets them for energy. Interesting thing and maybe it may be why I have not been as good as I anticipated after my procedure. Will have to wait and see. I am sitting here waiting for the injection to kick in, and it is not happening quick enough for me. whewsmile

I have ordered the soluble strips online Helen, got a good deal and our local pharmacists don't seem to stock them. So this will not happen again.