So.....im not happy...

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

mykidsmom

Re: So.....im not happy...

Post by mykidsmom » January 25th, 2015, 10:24 am

so your still allowed use it??? ive no idea what my reaction was other than passing out.....but they seemed surprised at the hospital when they saw the notes from the other hosp...no nitro lol..and i carried these sprays around for years thinking theyve be my lifeline lol
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » January 25th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Yes I am allowed. One note is my normal BP is in the high 90's on the high end and down as low as 50. I was somewhere at 70 on the high and did not register on the low side after the 3 pills. I did follow directions when taking them. I just really know to be sure I am in a safe place.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

steinway379

Post by steinway379 » January 25th, 2015, 9:41 pm

few questions
1 were they shocks or ATP (type of therapy)
2 did every shock terminate the VT/VF
3 was the shock impedance of the lead OK?

Patients very high percent of times feel shocks....want to make sure lead is delivering amount of energy it was programmed to (hence question about impedance)

thanks

steinway379

Post by steinway379 » January 25th, 2015, 9:50 pm

dick wrote:
mykidsmom wrote:The run and print outs from my December incidents show.......26 shocks from my icd over the last two weeks before christmas......I felt only ONE of these (maybe two)...
What is the setting on your icd? Mine is set for 41 joules, some makers have them set for 35. Quite phenominal that you did not feel anything.

usually if u are talking at St Jude device the SECOND shock is 41J , first is 36J (depends on variable called tilt)....research has shown that ANY shock higher than 2-3 joules feel the same because pain receptors are maxed out at 2-3 j
if talking BS device then they report 41J BUT delivered energy is less than stored energy. So thye talk about stored energy (41J) but deliver 35-36J......by the way MDT and STJ ONLY talk delivered energy

Hope that helps

steinway379

Post by steinway379 » January 25th, 2015, 9:55 pm

mykidsmom wrote:Things are improving a lot.....so im happy in that way...BUT i have huge complaints and issues..ok i know ive no business complaining considering....BUT

The run and print outs from my December incidents show.......26 shocks from my icd over the last two weeks before christmas......I felt only ONE of these (maybe two)....and it was absolutely nothing like id expected which is why i was able to ignore it.. they were all appropriate shocks according to the cardiologists and you can easily see from the printouts what my heart was doing at the time...theres no doubt i was shocked........i also received 4 more shocks on christmas day during 4 sca incidents....seems the medical staff and my family felt them lol..i didnt so im not even counting them.....my huge question is....why didnt i feel any of these....whats going on....id expect i guess in my mind to shudder and shake sorta like an electric shock.....the one i deffo felt was like getting smacked with a bullet in my chest bone...and the other one i might have felt was like a lesser shot...either way its thanks very much to my much hated ICD that im alive....and it and i have a totally new relationship now....although im scared i wont recognize a shock again.....how did you feel when you got shocked......im going to ask this question again soon as i see the cardiologist in a couple of weeks....

Questions

1 were they shocks or were the episodes treated with ATP
2 do u know shock impedance of shocks?
3 do u know amount of energy delivered per shock?

If the lead is bad it cannot deliver the programed amount (hence question about impedance)
also some patients get told that they had 26 therapies ....could be ATP (hence question about ATP vs shocks)

Hope to help you

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » January 26th, 2015, 8:19 am

already checked when they did the run out from the ICD....a couple of big shocks....only one of which i did feel...it knocked me off my feet........the 2nd big one about 20 mins later......and then 22 i think small ones over a period of two weeks....seem after the big heart attack my heart never went back into regular mode...and was in tychardia.....then christmas eve night another heart attack another big bang i didnt notice....then on christmas day, the cardiac arrests start.....i had 4 of them, three in the hospital and it wasnt till the 3rd they actually caught it on their screens and realized what was happening...but i was in the middle of a heart attack too.......you know what the whole thing was a bloomin mess lol.. but im concerned i wasnt aware.. im guessing its my strong irish blood lol

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » January 29th, 2016, 8:37 am

steinway379 wrote:few questions
1 were they shocks or ATP (type of therapy)
2 did every shock terminate the VT/VF
3 was the shock impedance of the lead OK?

Patients very high percent of times feel shocks....want to make sure lead is delivering amount of energy it was programmed to (hence question about impedance)

thanks

Last year after the incidents i wasnt running on full motors i dont think......and i just read thro this again today.......I checked re question 1 and it was a mix of both.........#2 im not 100% but i think not #3 i dont know...........

so you know what.....these are questions im going to ask at the next visit....its a st jude device and im still not very knowledgable about it...Thanks for the heads up on some questions i should find out about..