ICD Removal

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

kiwiguy
Posts: 281
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 12:24 am

Re: ICD Removal

Post by kiwiguy » December 5th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Rough Rider wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 9:06 pm

I'm hoping I can continue to gain the benefit of the collective experiences shared here without him muddying the waters with his dingleberry brain-as I have low tolerance for interference. Yes robbo I am talking to you-I don't care if you don't have something nice to say-I never followed that advice either, prick. But your contribution was worthless so I will simply discount any contribution you make in the future until you can show you have a mass behind your skull.
Bahaha that's you told Robbo lmao4dx

Surely this is MRag in drag, great job playing the long game punisher


If not this guy has come in swinging like Tyson golf2

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 6th, 2017, 12:06 am

kiwiguy wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 9:52 pm
Rough Rider wrote:
December 4th, 2017, 9:06 pm

I'm hoping I can continue to gain the benefit of the collective experiences shared here without him muddying the waters with his dingleberry brain-as I have low tolerance for interference. Yes robbo I am talking to you-I don't care if you don't have something nice to say-I never followed that advice either, prick. But your contribution was worthless so I will simply discount any contribution you make in the future until you can show you have a mass behind your skull.
Bahaha that's you told Robbo lmao4dx

Surely this is MRag in drag, great job playing the long game punisher


If not this guy has come in swinging like Tyson golf2
yes...a fighter. Actually, just before I got my ICD I was about to plunk down money on a trainer and try out for semi-pro boxing. I'm not Mrag, I'm me. I have inhabited a few forums in the past, and it seems there is always the danger of a clique-ish element being in play, and generally there is always that "one guy" who's a bit of a cross between a troll and someone who's so well entrenched that he is offered begrudging respect. "Just the way he is" type of a scenario. I don't waste time with that crap. I lurked a bit before my first post here, and knew that the instant I shared my story I'd hear from Rob. Truth is I came very close to pointing this out in the first post I made and indicating that I had no interest in hearing from him based on my observations of other threads he's "contributed" to. However figured it would simply be better to deal with him after the fact than appear close-minded by singling him out in my first post and saying "don't talk to me". It didn't take long for him to give me a reason. To the rest of you, I am sorry you had to see that. *wipes the blood off his handkerchief*. Nothing but respect is given until I see the reason to discontinue the supply. "get off your ass and do something about it" isn't a one-size-fits-all bit of advice there Robo. Take a note. If there are any others who I can contribute to positively, keep in mind I get it-self pity is a dangerous trench to fall into, especially when the stats I've read show 50% of people with ICDs can fall into anxiety and depression-and I can respect the idea that sort of mindset has to be eliminated or else everyone comes here with a bad attitude, and someone who may come here looking to be uplifted could run afoul of the person who is always seeking a babysitter. I would hope to be in the position to encourage someone here in the future. Heart condition or not, cardiomyopathy or not, I still have had my life affected by this device, and I still have a story, as many others do as well-I hope I can be a positive force in somebody else's life through my contribution. I didn't come to knock anyone's teeth down their throat, but I will not be mocked for falling into a situation in life where I've come to go back to my parents when facing homelessness after a halfway successful life away from home-that was not my doing. That said-The one and only concession I will put up is that I've been sick with the flu since last tuesday and I can see where a few things I've said may have come across as whiny. Don't worry! I will never come across as human again. Just kidding. But it is a good thing to note. In the meantime, anyone I can help, I'd love to offer, and Robo, I will meet you in the parking lot any time. Oh, and God Bless you.

kiwiguy
Posts: 281
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 12:24 am

Re: ICD Removal

Post by kiwiguy » December 6th, 2017, 5:20 pm

The clique you talk of is a group of friends that have spent years of their lives sharing respective but similar journeys, through thick and thin, of course its not easy to walk in and be at that level.

that said this group, more than any I've ever seen, is extremely welcoming of new members. Just look at your very first post and the replies you got, sure doesn't happen everywhere.

You may have been lurking for a while, but obviously not long enough to see the absolutely enormous contribution Robbo has made to this group. He has helped literally hundreds of people who have come through here over the years with sage informed advice. He's literally done it all when it comes to heart issues and shares freely.

Maybe you are seeing him at a time when he is understandably a little short on patience, but had you known him over a longer period of time, you would forgive him this.

So take a deep breath and relax, everyone is busy enough fighting their own battles without fighting each other.

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 6th, 2017, 7:11 pm

kiwiguy wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 5:20 pm
The clique you talk of is a group of friends that have spent years of their lives sharing respective but similar journeys, through thick and thin, of course its not easy to walk in and be at that level.

that said this group, more than any I've ever seen, is extremely welcoming of new members. Just look at your very first post and the replies you got, sure doesn't happen everywhere.

You may have been lurking for a while, but obviously not long enough to see the absolutely enormous contribution Robbo has made to this group. He has helped literally hundreds of people who have come through here over the years with sage informed advice. He's literally done it all when it comes to heart issues and shares freely.

Maybe you are seeing him at a time when he is understandably a little short on patience, but had you known him over a longer period of time, you would forgive him this.

So take a deep breath and relax, everyone is busy enough fighting their own battles without fighting each other.

I made a point to say that there is "danger" of a clique-I want to be clear I don't judge this group as such. That said I am willing to "meet in the parking lot" OR start over with anybody. I empathize Rob may have a short fuse right now for reasons I don't understand-I can't be so unreasonable as to not give him that benefit of the doubt. I would hope I could set my ego down long enough to allow for that possibility. So too are you correct in that I have had a ton of beneficial responses, and actually I have read a number of his helpful posts as well. That said I've not been my best lately due to suffering flu and a shoulder injury-injuries and shortcomings with my body always make me a grumpy butthole. I'm all for fighting for him and not with him, and the same for anyone else. I''ll laugh at myself and say this-I have a bit of the Napoleon syndrome, quick to fight to compensate for my stature. You know what? I'm more than happy to turn over a new leaf and see if my time here can do better than simply stand up for myself. I like your peacemaking post-so I'll be happy to have at it. I have to say I bristled easily at the notion that I haven't put in a lot of work in my life to overcome the situations I've faced-that said, inasmuch as Rob doesn't know me-I don't know him. I have to remember that people here are likely much as I am-frustrated by the hardships they've had in life-and without resorting to whining, it is easy to understand how folks here could be as short-tempered as I. I'll bury the hatched and start over with you if you will, Rob. Yes I'm talking to you. Kiwi makes a valid point-and it gives me pause for consideration. My experience has been in the past if you show you're not ok with being trampled, as long as you want to work together, a positive relationship can be built off that-I experienced this at a point in the past when I threatened to fight a co-worker for cursing at me in another language. When he saw I was willing to go to bat, he changed his notion-and it turned out we worked together well as friends well into the future after that point.

I'll grease it if you will man-I've got nothing to lose, frankly, except face-and I don't feel so terribly attached to that.

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 6th, 2017, 7:11 pm

hathet*

dang spelling

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 7th, 2017, 12:00 am

SpruceSniper wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 7:11 pm
hathet*

dang spelling
wow. Hatchet* third time is a charm

User avatar
wen
Posts: 604
Joined: July 13th, 2009, 5:47 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by wen » December 7th, 2017, 12:02 am

Wow. I haven’t been on the site for a while and I’m rather taken aback by this whole thread. SpruceSniper, I’m going to talk to you like you are one of my kids. Life is what we make of it. I used to live in Anchorage at one point too. Sometimes life deals us some hard knocks. It’s how you deal with those knocks and how quickly you pick yourself up off the ground that counts. Let’s look at the facts: You have an ICD in your chest. You do not have the funds to have it removed, so accept it for the time being and move on. Next fact: You have received free hospital care in the past, be grateful and appreciate that your country has taken care of you. It seems you would rather complain than even try to obtain Obamacare, which would probably give you almost 100% subsidies and allow you to receive medical care. Do not expect your doctors, cardiologists, EP or any other medical professionals to call you to check up on you. That’s your job, not theirs. You’re an adult. I am not being mean or rude, I’m showing tough love. You say you are a fighter, so stand up for yourself! Next, if you are such a good researcher, then spend some time researching jobs where you can use the skills that you already have and find careers that do not care whether you have an ICD or not!! There are only a few careers out there that give a rat’s ass about you having an ICD, and you seem hell-bent on seeking out every single one of them (pilot/OTR Driver/welder) just do you can whine about how the ICD is holding you back! Next thing you’ll want to be a school-bus driver! (That was sarcasm.) There are a million careers out there that you could pursue that also do not require heavy lifting! You write well and appear intelligent...use those traits to seek out a different line of work. And, lastly, I am proud of all those on here, including my bud, Robo, for taking the time to reach out to you. It’s because we care. Now, son, pick yourself up by your bootstraps, and shoot for the stars...seek out a new job that also offers healthcare! And before you tell me that’s easier said than done...I used to be a job recruiter. I know what the job market is like. Those who are successful are relentless at submitting resumes and applying for jobs. Best bet, go in person. I challenge you to apply to no less than 10 jobs each week. I wish you all the best and I hope You shift your focus from trying to remove your ICD to trying to find a career with health care!
Hugs,
Wendy
Left Bundle Branch Block
Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy
V-Tach
ICD-Boston Scientific Teligen (2-lead) installed 7-7-09

User avatar
Ozchrissy
Posts: 7191
Joined: September 27th, 2008, 9:28 am
Location: Australian

Re: ICD Removal

Post by Ozchrissy » December 7th, 2017, 1:29 am

SpruceSniper I have been a member here for quite a few years and I can honestly say that I have never seen any posts like you have done in that time. Your obsession with Robbo is baseless and personally I find the violence involved in your posts extremely offensive. That is the last thing we need on here. I have known Robbo on here for years, and yes we often have a love/hate relationship, but we are still buddies and I respect his knowledge, compassion (when he is not being a grumpy old man), and straight down the line honesty heaps. Many is the time he has bought me back from a pity party to realize where I was heading, and get back with it.

All of us on here are SICK, we do not need to come on here and read your atrocious and violent posts. Others may try and reason with you, but I feel you have demonstrated a particular personality trait, which will not listen to reason and just continue on with your destructive viscous posts. Oh and as for the clique stuff, YES WE DO HAVE A CLIQUE, it is formed by members caring and supporting each other in a civilized manner. Maybe the reason you have been excluded from other 'cliques' is because of your attitude and has nothing to do with other people around you.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 7th, 2017, 3:06 am

Ozchrissy wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 1:29 am
SpruceSniper I have been a member here for quite a few years and I can honestly say that I have never seen any posts like you have done in that time. Your obsession with Robbo is baseless #### My response was hardly baseless since we are giving opinions-my point of view doesn't align with yours on this###and personally I find the violence involved in your posts extremely offensive. #### If you are so offended, take it up with a moderator and they can decide whether or not to warn me, suspend me or ban me####

That is the last thing we need on here. ####I agree. I even pointed out, having the flu and being injured perhaps contributed to a bit of whining on my end-I'm not bothered by acknowledging and remedying that-also I didn't come in here to pick fights with anyone but I know how I'm going to react when spoken to a certain way, and if I haven't gotten to know someone, the way robo started off with me was the wrong choice-it's that simple-but following a peacemaking post by someone else, I decided to be the bigger man and offer another go around at things so I again-agree-let's not fight, eh?#### I have known Robbo on here for years, and yes we often have a love/hate relationship, but we are still buddies and I respect his knowledge, compassion (when he is not being a grumpy old man), and straight down the line honesty heaps. Many is the time he has bought me back from a pity party to realize where I was heading, and get back with it. ####If given the time to get to know him-I may stand to benefit from what appears to be emerging as "his way" of encouraging someone out of self pity-I may see this-please don't discount the value of my previous post that has the conciliatory change of heart####

All of us on here are SICK, we do not need to come on here and read your atrocious and violent posts. ####I heard you say violent the first time-repeating it will have no augmented effect#### Others may try and reason with you, but I feel you have demonstrated a particular personality trait, which will not listen to reason and just continue on with your destructive viscous posts. ####you made this post after I clearly demonstrated otherwise-pay attention#### Oh and as for the clique stuff, YES WE DO HAVE A CLIQUE, it is formed by members caring and supporting each other in a civilized manner. Maybe the reason you have been excluded from other 'cliques' is because of your attitude and has nothing to do with other people around you. ####I came seeking a few answers to questions, not acceptance within a sub-group. That said-having a place here, where I clearly stated my desire to produce benefit for others, and not be selfish and just get something for myself-is high on my priority list. Caveat: I don't mind being banned but it's not something I'm shooting for-I don't mind advice, just keep in mind I have my own unique personality, probably not a heck of a lot different from Rob's. We'll see if time here allows me to blossom like a flower and show you how normal I really am.####

I am not a big fan of SJW's so words like verbal violence microaggression and stuff...meh. Violence, when real and realized, happens in the real world, not in written form. Any argument to the contrary is silly.

I don't mind apologizing when an apology is due. At this present time a bit of explaining doesn't bother me. Here's hoping that it can be understood when I know someone a bit better, I might be more receptive to a harsh tone of voice.
In the meantime, I will perhaps spend some time contributing elsewhere on the forum and see if it doesn't rub off in a good way-this thread I'll maintain in the hopes of a lasting chronology. (warts and all)

God Bless you guys.

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 7th, 2017, 3:28 am

Hi there Wen. You know-my wife said to me today that I'm a classic male-and, having probably picked this up from my father, I can be less "nurturing" or "gentle". I will probably get mocked for saying I'm Christian, or judged for not being perfect, but I am a firm believer in doing well by others. A shortcoming of mine would be in the "turn the other cheek" dept-I either do too much of it, or too little. I tend to do less when sick.
I appreciate you taking the time to put a response in the thread I started, thank you.
wen wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 12:02 am



Wow. I haven’t been on the site for a while and I’m rather taken aback by this whole thread. SpruceSniper, I’m going to talk to you like you are one of my kids. ####An insult to start me off? Thanks...you could have just called me a jackass instead#### Life is what we make of it. I used to live in Anchorage at one point too. Sometimes life deals us some hard knocks. It’s how you deal with those knocks and how quickly you pick yourself up off the ground that counts.####I entirely agree with this####
Let’s look at the facts: You have an ICD in your chest. You do not have the funds to have it removed, so accept it for the time being and move on. ####I've made clear that I didn't much plan on getting it removed until I found out, 1 year and 4 months ago, how it affects more job types than I realized####


Next fact: You have received free hospital care in the past, be grateful and appreciate that your country has taken care of you.####I've been overseas to SE Asia, and believe me-I'm more grateful than my posts would lead you to believe.#### It seems you would rather complain than even try to obtain Obamacare, which would probably give you almost 100% subsidies and allow you to receive medical care. ####In addition to being unable to afford it, it's not about complaining-I literally cannot buy it. Did I mention I couldn't afford it? Alaska, I do believe is one of the more expensive states for that.#### Do not expect your doctors, cardiologists, EP or any other medical professionals to call you to check up on you. That’s your job, not theirs.####You see that is what I thought all along. I will clarify-they were more than happy to check on me every 3 months until they realized A. I couldn't pay without insurance. B. They were wrong to put it in me-I am fairly certain they knew it wasn't the best choice-and there have been bits of nuance I've picked up through the years that convince me they know they made the wrong choice putting it in. I only addressed this issue as a few of the posters here indicated it was up to them to keep tabs on it-which, honestly I didn't entirely buy-no offense to insync or whoever posted that#### You’re an adult.####Yes-yes I am-despite losing everything and living in my parents spare bedroom I still have my dignity right? *sad laugh*#### I am not being mean or rude, I’m showing tough love.####You're doing a FAR better job than robo did for their first comms to me#### You say you are a fighter, so stand up for yourself! Next, if you are such a good researcher, then spend some time researching jobs where you can use the skills that you already have and find careers that do not care whether you have an ICD or not!! There are only a few careers out there that give a rat’s ass about you having an ICD, and you seem hell-bent on seeking out every single one of them (pilot/OTR Driver/welder) just do you can whine about how the ICD is holding you back!####Hahah! That really IS funny. I never realized how bad it was until last year. Also, I had been running flight sims since age 10 planning on being a pilot my whole life. Welding I had trained for as a backup when I was in highschool, and trucking, well I just never saw that one coming. You would be mistaken if you think I'm seeking out reasons to whine and feign helplessness-I'd much rather spend my time enjoying life than lamenting it-seriously. But AGAIN-I CAN see how, being sick and all has made me look like a whiner-I turn into a total wuss when I get sick-and I tend to whine a lot-thats flu for ya!#### Next thing you’ll want to be a school-bus driver! (That was sarcasm.) ####No worries-I didn't miss it#### There are a million careers out there that you could pursue that also do not require heavy lifting! You write well and appear intelligent...use those traits to seek out a different line of work.####Keep in mind I had hoped I could work that out but presently the money ran out before the next career kicked in-I'm what I may believe to be-transitioning from blue collar to white collar and it's not because I'm unwilling-but rather trying to figure that all out#### And, lastly, I am proud of all those on here, including my bud, Robo, for taking the time to reach out to you. It’s because we care. Now, son, pick yourself up by your bootstraps, and shoot for the stars...seek out a new job that also offers healthcare! And before you tell me that’s easier said than done...I used to be a job recruiter. I know what the job market is like. Those who are successful are relentless at submitting resumes and applying for jobs. Best bet, go in person. I challenge you to apply to no less than 10 jobs each week. I wish you all the best and I hope You shift your focus from trying to remove your ICD to trying to find a career with health care! ####I actually believe that is fantastic advice. I have been applying for roughly 5-9 jobs per week, including one that I have no "formal" qualifications for-a building code inspector. Soft skills, computer skills, and just general intelligence could very well suffice! I see a lot of morons doing high-paying work. I see no reason not to be one of those morons, just because of a device in my chest. That solution-without even touching the device, could very well be a fine ticket. Glad to hear you mention it, and yes, I actually had considered that alternative. moreover, I would much rather have the device out, and my prior posts indicate a very eccentric individual. Time will tell if people like me fit into places like this. :D####


Hugs,
Wendy

Thanks for your time Wendy.

User avatar
mykidsmom
Posts: 3560
Joined: February 9th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by mykidsmom » December 7th, 2017, 6:23 am

I donno Spruce Sniper.....Im very cranky this week..but what i see here is maybe instead of wondering about the icd you should perhaps be worrying about your passive aggressive attitude...if you present this side of your personality to prospective employers im not surprised you're having issues getting jobs.......and stop whining for heaven sakes...and read wendys post again.....its loaded with positive comments...
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

SpruceSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: November 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Re: ICD Removal

Post by SpruceSniper » December 7th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Is there a disconnect? I pointed out and thanked wendy for several issues that were quite positive, or that I agree with in her post. Shoot, I even thanked her for her time that's how positive I viewed it. There are other items I can point out I don't disagree with. So what?

My attitude is hardly an item keeping me out of work, I know better and I can tell the difference between a provocation and just being a bad dude.

In the meantime, how about those seahawks eh!? They are gonna slay it this year. (moving FORWARD)

Post Reply