It is currently October 17th, 2017, 7:57 am

Awesome Bob 

Post Awesome Bob
Hi Kids,

It’s been a while since I have posted and I apologise for that. My heart seems to be mostly playing by the rules and I am spending most of the time vertical, except when the odd dizzy spell catches me by surprise, usually when there is nothing around to hang onto and it dumps me on… I would like to say my arse but my head usually gets there first. Of course, all you Rivaroxaban/Clopidogrel/Warfarin addicts know that that means a quick trip to the hospital for a CT scan to make sure there is no bleeding in the brain.

I had another four-week adventure in a mental health ward earlier in the year. It was only supposed to be two weeks but they weren’t happy with how my depression was going. If you wind up in one of these places be prepared to have everything you do logged. “So how did Bob go today nurse?” asked my Shrink. “Really well, he was interactive with other patients, he ate all his meals, went to all the sessions and… picked his nose five times and farted eleven times!” said the nurse enthusiastically.

I have a pacemaker clinic tomorrow and if I am unlucky my cardiologist will stick his head in the door say “Hi” and leave, charging me an extra $150 for the privilege. If you do the math, that’s $75 per letter.

I finally got my butt out of the chair 8 months after the implant and did some coronary rehab. So, the good thing is I am out walking again. I did notice that my heart rate spiked north of 180 bpm on a couple of occasions when it shouldn’t have. Based on my settings the device should have given me treatment a couple of times, but it didn’t. So that will be one of the things I will be discussing at the pacemaker clinic tomorrow.

Well, I must go and wash and dry some dishes before Julie gets home and yells at me for not doing them. See you later.

Blue Screened in Feb 2009
Auto reboot device installed
Oh yeah! I also take drugs

July 6th, 2017, 6:19 am

Post Re: Awesome Bob
I am glad you are home. Some of the spikes in bpm are non-sustained, thus too short of time to mean anything. I hope that is true in you case. I am also happy you went through cardiac rehab. I think that is one of the most important things we can do to help us heal.

wavhi

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

July 6th, 2017, 9:15 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Awesome Bob
Even though your heart rate surged, I advise you to keep walking as much as you can (with your doctor's permission). For most of us that moderate exercise clears our heads and lifts our moods. Or in other words,

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3&p=57099#p57099

July 6th, 2017, 10:17 am
Profile E-mail