ah the anxiety of christmas secrets

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

ROBO Pop

ah the anxiety of christmas secrets

Post by ROBO Pop » December 22nd, 2014, 7:43 pm

Remember when we were the wee ones how much anxiety we experienced as the days till christmas wound down toward that magical day? You know, the day when we finally gathered round and discovered what was hidden from us.

Well i had an echo today, and the tech refused to share the results. Now I've had my echos done by her for years, and just don't remember her denying me in the past, although admittedly my memory is slipping of late.

So just like when I actually was a kid and not just acting, I sit and wait for the jolly guy to tell what the surprise is when his day finally arrives.

So when i get my gift on the 29th I hope it ain't reindeer crap, but something good like maybe an EF of greater than my IQ.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Ozchrissy

Re: ah the anxiety of christmas secrets

Post by Ozchrissy » December 22nd, 2014, 10:43 pm

Oh bummer Robbo, they did that to me the last time, but made it worse. I asked the little upstart tech "How is my heart", he said, "Not very good". I was locked up in Hospital so my nagging campaign began on my return to the ward. My cardiologist wouldn't tell me, it was easy for him he just ignored my requests from the nursing staff. He later stated when I saw him in his rooms after my release that he "did not want to upset me any more than I was", tanty tanty tanty I did assure him that the waiting was worse. It wasn't too bad, as I got a good nurse who must have realized I was not a dumb patient who got me a copy of my report. Must admit it was a shock to see the drop, but nowhere near as bad as not knowing. I still don't know the full implications of my report, or what he plans to do with it, as he felt I was too weak to do anything at the time, so hopefully when I feel a bit better in January, we will know where we are going. Big decisions are in the future for me I think.

Dear Robbo, I presume you will be busy with your family over Christmas and hopefully you will be able to put this to the back of your mind. Just you take it easy,, don't eat too much or drink too much, but enjoy yourself with your loved ones. I am sure your good wife will be fussing and making sure you don't overdo it, and keeping an eye on you. I know my Lauren has got her karate skills ready just in case they are needed if anyone upsets me at my Christmas day lunch. She really is the lioness where I am concerned.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

notvaporlocked

Post by notvaporlocked » December 22nd, 2014, 11:49 pm

ROBO I have never been able to get the tech to let out the secret and I have tried. Apparently my Cardiologist is a scary kind of boss that has put the fear in all his techs over the years. All I get from the tech is - the doctor will have to interpret the data and calculate the final measurements. Last month I had my last echo and it took about 2 weeks to get the numbers. It turned out to be good news but I hate the waiting game they make me play.

Here is hoping you get the number that will keep your sense of humor intact.

Terry
Man Prayer
I'm a man.... But I can change.... If I have to.... I guess.

Red Green Show

Loving with all your heart is the only way to love somebody, Otherwise its not worth all the trouble!
Cary Grant

May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. (From the movie, Keeping the Faith)

Medtronic Protecta XT (Second ICD), 3 leads (1 unhooked Fidelis) Sept 27, 2006, Feb 12, 2013

3 V-fib therapies. It works, I'm still here.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 23rd, 2014, 8:45 am

I do know the feeling Robo. During my echo a couple of weeks ago the tech asked a couple of questions about why I was having another one so soon and I explained that I had the stent put in. Later she asked what was the next move if the stent didn't solve the issue? That was as bad as saying she saw something that was not good. Well when I saw the doctor he said it was doing some good, although I was still leaking the pressure on the valve was a little better (less).

My regular EP/cardiologist knows I want to know the "real" story.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Michael L

Post by Michael L » December 23rd, 2014, 3:46 pm

I always get the old, "I'm not paid enough to interpret the tests, only administer them..." answer when I ask.

Good luck and keep the count down clock ticking.
Biotronik Ilesto 7 implanted May 5, 2014
CABG 3X February 1998

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 23rd, 2014, 4:22 pm

I know, I promised to be gone for 2 weeks, but I had zome alone time.

I am tired of being patient. The tech has been doing my echos for years and always shared the news while she performed. This go round, I noted some new seismic anomolies and when she declined to share I felt irritation.

What like we'll live a week longer if we wait for the results. Hell no, the stress probably shortens our lives not to mention the progeny are growing impatient with all the delays in collecting their inheritance. Should they have to suffer too? What kind of Christmas is that for the wee ones?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » December 23rd, 2014, 5:59 pm

It must drive some of you crazy having to wait all year to see if your going to be a year older. :mutt:

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 24th, 2014, 3:00 am

I am pretty sure I will make it this year, only 3 days to go. :mutt:
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

wen

Post by wen » December 28th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Just a suggestion to avoid this issue in the future... With my last cardiologist, I scheduled my ECHO and cardiology review appointment on the same day (like an hour later). That way the cardiologist reads it and I get my results all in the same day. Not all cardiologists may be this accommodating, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Wendy
Left Bundle Branch Block
Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy
V-Tach
ICD-Boston Scientific Teligen (2-lead) installed 7-7-09

Mary Kay

Post by Mary Kay » December 28th, 2014, 10:01 pm

Below is from one of my topics and it is a quote from one of our very own philosophers. Robo something? :mutt: :mutt:

"Stop worrying yourself to death and wait until you talk to your EP. How are you feeling?"

I'm seeing my EP Tuesday armed with my questions. Hope you get your answers and that they are what you want.
CHF, Cardiomyopathy and LBBB
EF 20%
St. Jude Bi Vent ICD CRT implanted September 9, 2011
7 shock storm inappropriate due to dislodged lead
damaged lead removed and replaced Sept 26, 2011
EF improved to 50% in December 2012
Carvedilol 12.5 mg 2x
Ramipril 5 mg 2x

InSync

Post by InSync » December 28th, 2014, 10:08 pm

The waating is the hardest part.....