Elizabeth Martineau

Member since May 2009

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

Marie

Re: Elizabeth Martineau

Post by Marie » April 9th, 2015, 11:17 pm

this is sad news . Elizabeth was a beautiful lady and will be missed .
Medtronic Maximo 11 DR implanted 24th Nov 09

Non Sustained Ventricular Tachycardia.

Carl Portman

Re: Elizabeth Martineau

Post by Carl Portman » June 3rd, 2015, 5:35 pm

I am in utter shock.
Today I received a message on Facebook from Missy (one of Elizabeth's daughters) to inform me of Elizabeth's passing 12 weeks ago. How could I have missed this? Clearly I just do not log into this wonderful site often enough and I lament that fact. I loved Elizabeth as a great friend. I never met her yet she was one of the first to greet me, to welcome me to this site many years ago. I always intended to meet her and her family. I even named a tree after her, here in this little English village. I wrote a poem for her (at her request) entitled 'Last stand of the oak' and she loved it. We shared so much and I am just devastated at the loss of such a beautiful, intelligent and thoughtful human being. I am bitterly angry with myself for not knowing,; it is my fault and I am so sorry to everyone here and to Elizabeth's family for being so far behind. Elizabeth, I shall go to the tree tomorrow and we will share a quiet moment. You'll still be here with me, every day, every season. I will still hear you in the falling of the leaves and above the silence of the thick winter snows in the heavy boughs. You'll never be far away. You are a legend, my hero. And you know what they say, heroes never die, they sail forever. Set your course then, and I will see you on a foreign shore sometime soon...
Bright Blessings my dear Elizabeth.
Carl xxxx
Right Ventricular Dysplasia
St. Jude ICD implanted 28 September 2009
Ablation on 5th January 2011
Ablation on 26 October 2011
Sotalol and Mexilitine tablets
St Jude generator replacement on 02 January 2014