Lung perfusion scan

All posts from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec, 31 2011

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

jennkenny

Lung perfusion scan

Post by jennkenny » December 13th, 2011, 10:48 am

Has anyone had a lung perfusion scan? This will be my first one. Any thoughts?

Thanks and HO HO HO :snowman:

Eric

Re: Lung perfusion scan

Post by Eric » December 14th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Jenn,

Wish I could help, but I have never had this done. Good luck with it. Hope everything else is going well.

Eric
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

Donnahi

Post by Donnahi » December 17th, 2011, 1:55 am

Hola.
No i have not, but can you please tell me why are you getting one of those scans, and how things turned out ? Please very interested innlung health.
Love
Donnahi

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 17th, 2011, 2:22 am

Hi Jenny, I haven't had one either, but the surgeon did mention this scan when I saw him on Thursday. So will be very interested to know how you go. I am coughing up a lot of either clear or sometimes paper white sputum, so that is the reason for my scan.

The diagram makes sense of why they do it, looks like a very informative test.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

jennkenny

Post by jennkenny » December 21st, 2011, 9:44 am

No answers yet. Had the test last Thursday. Simple and painless (except for the cost even with insurance, ouch!). I am supposed to call MD this Thursday if I have not heard back yet. The reason for the test, in my case, is to determine how well my pulmonary artery is supplying oxygenated blood to my lungs. I have a homograft (a donor's aorta is my pulmonary artery). They cannot see the right branch of my pulmonary artery on echo because things have been surgically "rearranged". So they have to check it this way. If I don't "pass the test" then we do a cat scan and then ???? from there. I thought she said MRI but that does not make sense b/c ICD patient cannot have MRIs, right? So she must have said CAT scan. Hopefully will not come to that. I have two small children and more surgery does not sound good AT ALL. Thanks for the interest. I will update when I know something.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 21st, 2011, 12:56 pm

Jenny, I am keeping everything crossed that you 'passed' this test. You have been through a lot medically already, and I can understand how you must be feeling with young children to care for. In actual fact, I really can't understand it, I am worried about my dogs and cat, let alone a child when I am in Hospital.

I am sure that if the tests do require more investigation and if the worse case scenario happens that you will be looked after. You may find that people will pull together to help you with the children and your own health. It is more important to get your health better, and then you can continue your caring of your children.

Thinking of you consolsmile
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Lianachan

Post by Lianachan » December 21st, 2011, 3:12 pm

My cardiologist thinks I may have chronic pulmonary hypertension and we are waiting to hear back from the respiratory consultant who has also seen me as the latter thinks I might need a second catscan to confirm - I had one back in the spring which was how they confirmed my pulmonary embolism. They got the theory from raised pulmonary arterial pressure off my echo in the summer. Not heard of the perfusion scan before though.

Ulric

rachmartin

Post by rachmartin » December 22nd, 2011, 1:07 pm

Take care Jenn. Let us know how it turns out. I have two small children and understand the fears. I've had an interesting 2 years, but nothing like what you've got going on. Wishing you well this holiday season.
:xmassleigh:
Rachel
St. Jude ICD since 10/09/2009
Long QT w/documented 12 sec V tach episode that self-resolved.
Dual option ICD paces me if I go below 50 and doesn't shock until 200 (cause I exercise).
Shocked 4 times inappropriately due to exercise after setting inadvertently lowered to 160.

jennkenny

Post by jennkenny » January 3rd, 2012, 1:57 pm

All is well. Test came back just fine. No further action needed. Was a great Christmas gift. On a side note and interestingly, I had an experience similar to Eric's on the way to my mother's Christmas Day (nausea, strange aura, racing heart, accelerated pulse). Have not had one of these in a long time and given the good news from my test results and my recent good condition, it caught me off guard. Thought we were going to have to drop off the kids and head to the ER. But it passed slowly over the 20 minute drive and 45 minutes later my hands quit trembling and I enjoyed the rest of the day. No one but my husband was the wiser. Strange. Anyhow....good news overall. Thanks for everyone's interest and Happy New Year!