Youngest Daughter feeling heart palpitations

All posts from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec, 31 2011

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

Char

Re: Youngest Daughter feeling heart palpitations

Post by Char » November 15th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Thinking about you and your daughter.. I hope you will finally get some answers.
Charlene

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 22nd, 2011, 8:25 pm

I got a call from Toronto Sick Kids Hospital (Cardiac Clinic) today, at 3:58 p.m. on my cell. By the time I checked the message, it was after 4:00 p.m. and I couldn't call back, because they closed at 4:00.

The message said Jenna has an appointment next week, on Dec. 2nd. I'm confused. i don't know if her Pediatrician or my EP made the appointment...I'm thinking my EP. I'm not sure why, or what the appointment is for.

Jenna's been wearing the loop/event recorder and we have transmitted some recordings, via the phone. She has not had any "major" events since she's been wearing it. There have been events that have been recorded automatically, but I've been assuming they are just "noise" from her movements.

I will call the Cardiac Clinic tomorrow (Toronto Sick Kids) and of course find out what the appointment is for. I'll also call my EP's office and ask why the appointment was made. I wonder...did they see anything unusual on the recordings? Maybe they just want to do further testing? It has me a bit concerned and curious now. An appointment next week is pretty fast..hmmm.

I'll try not to think too much...I'll find out tomorrow morning.
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

JR1966

Post by JR1966 » November 22nd, 2011, 10:12 pm

This whole process must be frustrating for both you and Jenna.Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

dadmanbob

Post by dadmanbob » November 23rd, 2011, 8:08 am

Suzanne wrote:The message said Jenna has an appointment next week, on Dec. 2nd. I'm confused. i don't know if her Pediatrician or my EP made the appointment...I'm thinking my EP. I'm not sure why, or what the appointment is for.
Hi Suzanne, I was wondering how things were coming along for you and Jenna. Here in the US in most cases it would have to be our GP DR to do that cause most insurance require a referral.

I would also think that the nurse should have left either a more detailed explanation or just said this is so and so please call me asap and then talk to you in person on the phone.
That above is just how I feel about you phone call.

Hope all is well you and Jenna finally get some answeres
Bob
BOB
ischemic cardiomyopathy NSVT, stent 1 left side 4/5 &1 right side on 6/9 2011
MI Heart attack unknown when it happened 20% dead muscle
CHF-3, PVD, CAD, CKD-3 & EF 35 now 55 12-19-11
ICD ST JUDE 6/29/11, CD2215-36Q, RVA LEAD, RA-LEAD
Med's
AMLODIPINE 7.5MG AM 5MG PM,ISOSORBIDE MONO. ER 120MG, PLAVIX 75MG
ASPIRIN 81MG,HYDRALAZINE 50MG X4,CARVEDILOL 50MG AM/PM, LIPITOR 80MG
Spironolactone 25mg am/pm,FUROSEMIDE 40MG, Calcitriol .25mg mon,wed,fri
ZANTAC 150MG

I welcome my ICD he is Electron a transformer

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 23rd, 2011, 12:00 pm

All is well...thank you everyone :)

I spoke with the Cardiac Clinic this morning (at Sick Kids Hospital).
My EP made the referral.

On Dec. 2nd, they will do a signal averaged ECG, and a regular ECG and give Jenna a "telephone ECG" .

I've never heard of a "telephone ECG" (that's what the lady on the phone called it). She said Jenna will have it for about three weeks. She said it's a device that is not wired up to her, just a small device that she will place over her heart when she feels an event.

They've also scheduled Jenna for another echocardiogram and an appointment with a Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist on Feb. 7th and then an excersise stress test on Feb. 13th.

I feel better now, knowing Jenna's being taken care of.
~ Suzanne ~

Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Leah

Post by Leah » November 23rd, 2011, 4:04 pm

Hello Suzanne,
Isn't that a long time to wait for an appt? Glad things are going well for you and Jenna
Leah

beachjay

Post by beachjay » November 23rd, 2011, 4:16 pm

I wore one of these monitors for about two weeks then they said they had enough info. It was called a Heartaid and when I felt something I had to hold a small appliance to my heart and phone the clinic. I think I had to record what I was doing at the time on a activity list. This what about ten years ago so cannot remember exactly but it wasn't difficult to use....however bit difficult if she is in the classroom ! Hoping this will tell them how to help Jenna....hugs .
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » November 23rd, 2011, 4:53 pm

Great that she is finally getting the follow up that she needs. Best of luck that they get to the bottom of it now.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

bigben7tony

Post by bigben7tony » November 23rd, 2011, 7:47 pm

angel Prayers still coming your way. God Bless both of you angel
SCA August 3,2009
ICD August 6, 2009 St. Jude, exchanged for a Medtronic Consulta BiV on March 29, 2013
Shocked on Aug 25, 2009 and May 6, 2011 Amio added for the 2nd time
Artificial Aortic Valve
Afib, Slow Vtach, V-fib, CHF
Atrial ablation 2/24/11
Heart Failure and low EF 2013
Drugs: Amio 200, Coreg 12.5, Coumadin 2.5, Crestor 10, Lasix 80, COQ10 200, magnesium, ativan 1, dexilant 60 and potassium(the giant pill)40 meq, Methotrexate 15 mg once per week

Char

Post by Char » November 23rd, 2011, 11:21 pm

Thats wonderful news. I'm so glad that they are going to do everything they can to get to the bottom of
these attacks..
Charlene

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 24th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Leah wrote:Hello Suzanne,
Isn't that a long time to wait for an appt? Glad things are going well for you and Jenna
Leah
Hi Leah,
I'm assuming you're talking about the appointment in February. I'm okay with that. I take it as a good sign.
Thankfully Jenna's been "event" free for the past week.
We still don't know why or what she was experiencing, but I feel good that we have an appointment next week and she'll get another monitor, ready to capture something, should she experience anything.
She's still wearing the loop/event recorder now...we have it until Sunday. Actually, she's not wearing it tonight, only because she's gone to a school dance and she asked not to have to wear it.
beachjay wrote:I wore one of these monitors for about two weeks then they said they had enough info. It was called a Heartaid and when I felt something I had to hold a small appliance to my heart and phone the clinic. I think I had to record what I was doing at the time on a activity list. This what about ten years ago so cannot remember exactly but it wasn't difficult to use....however bit difficult if she is in the classroom ! Hoping this will tell them how to help Jenna....hugs .
Was yours wireless? I've never heard of a wireless one. A wireless one sounds great though. Jenna has the same problem I had; she has red welts from the adhesive sticky things... allergic reaction.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes everyone wavhi
~ Suzanne ~

beachjay

Post by beachjay » November 24th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Yes it was wireless and did not involve sticking anything on the skin just held against it when you felt something.....
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » November 28th, 2011, 9:34 pm

So, after almost two weeks, I returned the loop/event recorder yesterday afternoon. Jenna did not have any palpitations (the full out ones that she's experienced in the past) the whole time she was wearing it.
Last night, while we were lying on the sofa watching TV, all of a sudden her strong (felt strong when I put my hand on her chest)
palpitations started...120 bpm.
It figures...right after we returned the monitor. Kind of like a deja vu, based on my own past experiences.
Oh well.
She's getting another monitor on Friday.
~ Suzanne ~

Eric

Post by Eric » November 28th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Suzanne,

Oh how life likes to deal us the strange hand at times. I can so relate. I am praying for you and Jenna and that you will get to the bottom of this.
Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Eric
Eric [bot]

Idiopathic CHF/ EF currently @ 53%, Low point 26%
St Jude ICD implanted 6/2008 Device changed 6/2009
1 Shock (innappropriate), ICD reprogramed 6/2010
Lead revision 3/2011 due to fractured lead
53 shock storm 4/21/2011 (Inappropriate)
ICD turned off May 20111 through 8/16/2011
Lead revision 8/16/2011
VT episodes starting in August 2012
ICD Changeout 2/25/2013 St. Jude Inspire Assura
Too many meds to count
Life is too short, live in the moment and make the best of it :)
Intro is here:http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 271#p75271

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » December 3rd, 2011, 10:04 am

Thanks Eric :)

I've always heard that Toronto Sick Kids Hospital was great, and I have to say, based on my first experience yesterday, I agree. They were very patient and took the time to explain everything they were doing and made Jenna feel very comfortable.

She had an ECG, then a single average ECG and then got a monitor.

The nurse said Jenna will have the monitor for as long as they feel she needs it, maybe even for 6 weeks. She won't have to give it back, until the Doctor himself says to bring it back. I was very impressed with that, knowing that we'll finally be able to figure out what's been going on.
~ Suzanne ~