Always cancelling Echo and Pacemaker Interrogations

All posts from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec, 31 2011

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

bellamarie

Always cancelling Echo and Pacemaker Interrogations

Post by bellamarie » February 22nd, 2011, 10:54 am

Hi everyone,this is BellaMarie. I am trying to post this message again,sorry if it shows up more then once. My husband had his ICD implanted in Jan 2010. The last echo he had was Dec. 2009. He has yet to have an echo to see if he has improved cardiac function. Every time we schedule an appointment it gets cancelled. The last pacemaker interrogatin he had,they said he would need an adjustment and that has yet to happen.Very frustrating. He has appointment today and yet again they tried to cancel and I said no. His cardiologist has cancelled a few times as well. I understand that sometimes appointments need to be rearranged,but this is every time.We live in Westchester County,NY.His cardiologist works out of Westchester Medical Center and he goes to Brandhurst Ave. In Hawthorn,NY for the echo and pacemaker checks. Can anyone recommend a good place for my husband to go for doctor and echo?pacemaker checks? I feel he might benefit from going someplace else.The cardiologist he sees now doesn't tell him what his EF is,he heard them talking about it when he went for the implant in Dec. 2010 and that was from the doctor doing the implant. Thanks for listening.

Ann Marie

Re: Always cancelling Echo and Pacemaker Interrogations

Post by Ann Marie » February 23rd, 2011, 7:05 pm

Would it be too long of a trip for you to go to New York City? With all the Medical Centers there, I'm sure you would find a more user friendly practice. These devices need to be checked at intervals and the patients need to be seen by the Doctor and evaluated about how they are progressing or not.
If you follow all the rules, you miss all the fun[background=][/background]

bellamarie

Post by bellamarie » February 23rd, 2011, 8:02 pm

Not too far,more of how to get there.I think we would take the train. Thanks for the response. I actually had to tell the person yesterday,no you are not cancelling us today. That would have been the 4-5 time they cancelled us.He did get seen,his pacemaker interrogation showed he had 3 episodes,since he was seen in Sept. Scary,but grateful he has the ICD and pacemaker.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » February 24th, 2011, 3:34 am

BellaMarie, it sounds very frustrating that they keep cancelling on your, but I think the norm when everything is going well is for interrogations every 3 months at a minimum, and echo's every 6 months. I would definitely insist on getting copies of your reports from the echo and any other tests that are done on your husband. Good luck if you change doctors and hope you have success.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.