Drunken Pig

ROBO Pop

Drunken Pig

Post by ROBO Pop » June 9th, 2011, 11:12 am

Wasn't sure what to call this recipe so viola ~

I never follow a recipe, nor do I measure when cooking but rather adlib with amounts and ingredients so each time I make this it's different but my wife loves it. It's a pork roast, and yeah I know I'm supposed to stay away from pork but once in awhile...

3-4 pound pork loin roast
2 - 10 cups of rose' wine (any cheap blush wine will suffice)
1 Large white onion sliced
8 oz pkg of fresh mushrooms (I use the pre-sliced)
3 cloves garlic diced (minced garlic in a jar saves time)
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp basalmic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp Mrs. Dash original blend seasoning
2 tbsp coarse ground pepper
3 tbsp Weber Chicago steak seasoning

Set oven at 425 degrees.
Make sure the pork roast is thawed, drain and dry then place in a large baking pan. I use a 12" X 8" X 2"dp Pyrex pan for this. Season the roast on all sides, using a liberal amount of the Mrs Dash. I pierce the surface of the roast with a fork to allow some of the seasoning to get inside. Add sliced onions, mushrooms, and garlic scattered around the roast, and lightly coat the roast on all sides with olive oil and lemon juice. Place in the oven uncovered and bake until surface is golden brown, rotate and continue roasting until browned.

Add balance of ingredients. Liquid should cover bottom half of roast. Cover with Al foil and return to oven. Bake for 3 hours checking periodically to ensure liquid does not boil off. Add additional wine as necessary. Remember, any wine not used for the cooking you are required to drink while cooking, believe me, it helps the taste.

Check the roast to ensure it has cooked thoroughly. Remove the foil and cook an additional 45 minutes to hour at 350 degrees to reduce the liquid some. Consistency is dependent on personal taste. Pork should be tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1/2 hour before slicing. I slice right in the Pyrex as I can keep the roast in the juice mixture.

I serve with mashed potatoes and smother with juice.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

RickZ

Re: Drunken Pig

Post by RickZ » June 12th, 2011, 2:59 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:Wasn't sure what to call this recipe so viola ~
What, the pig slurs a whistle in accompanyment? I knew teaching a pig to whistle annoyed the pig, but maybe getting the pig drunk first might do the trick.

Kat

Re: Drunken Pig

Post by Kat » July 15th, 2011, 1:32 pm

well, i am not going to try to teach a pig to whistle or play the viola but, I think I may try out this one for dinner.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694