New to the group

All posts from Jan 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2010

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

annette8

Re: New to the group

Post by annette8 » December 9th, 2010, 2:09 am

angel I pray for the surgeon to get your pacemaker up and running on all leads. And that you have an easy recovery. annette :armdown:
annette, age 65y on 8/8/16
nurse, quit work 12/25/10,
retired?????
------------------------------
symptoms-SOB, fatique, cough
dx CHF, LBBB, EF 12-15% 3/10 per echo
EF confirmed by cardiac cath, no blockages
medtronic consulta inserted CRT-D 5/10
ALL the CHF MEDS started 3/10
Now on Coreg 12.mg bid, losartan 50mg hs
EF now 49% per echo 4/2015
Medtronic Viva CRT-P inserted 1/12/17

Elizabeth Martineau

Post by Elizabeth Martineau » December 9th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Hi, Amber. Same thing happened to me. I had those "hiccups" for 7 months till they finally decided they needed to reposition the lead. Unfortunately for me it still wasn't right and so four months later they gave me an epicardial implant, which means they just screw it right into the heart. It did work! I feel 100 percent better now. The third surgery was more intense and was open heart surgery, but was worth it in the long run to get the thing right. Hopefully you won't have to do a third surgery.

You've very young to be having these problems, and with kids I know it must be tough. You've come to the right place to speak to people with similar problems, and get encouragement and advice. Welcome.

efpat

Post by efpat » December 10th, 2010, 6:22 pm

Amber, I am writing this after the surgery. I hope it went well. Welcome to the group. Its a great source of info, support, and occasional silly fun. Look forward to hearing from you after a speedy recovery.

Evan
Evan

Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, St. Jude Promote Plus CRT-D Installed Nov 9, 2009, QRS Duration - 180, EF - 25-30, EF NOW IS 50+!!!!!!

lowblow

Post by lowblow » December 16th, 2010, 11:41 am

Amber-

Welcome to the club. Like all of us you will have good days and bad days. On the bad days come here to vent, ask questions, etc. This site is a great resource.

Good luck
michael

Elizabeth Martineau

Post by Elizabeth Martineau » December 17th, 2010, 8:16 am

Hi and welcome from Charlotte, NC

grebflow

Post by grebflow » December 17th, 2010, 1:08 pm

Amber - Hope all went well last week. I know we'd all love to hear an update from you when you're able.

amberfitz

Post by amberfitz » February 16th, 2011, 5:41 pm

I forgot to post an update on my surgery. On December 10th I had a thoracotomy with left lead change. It is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was in the hospital for a long 5 days and off work for 6 weeks. Now we just have to wait until May to see if my ejection fraction has improved.
I never, ever, in my wildest dreams ever imagined that this would be something I would have to experience at such a young age. Most people my age are worry about when they should go on their next vacation or if they should buy a new house. Our worries are much more than that at our house. We worry about whether we should sell our house to save more money for doctor bills and using vacation time at work to have surgery instead of going somewhere.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » February 16th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. I just pray things are now in line and you EF will improve. Again I am one with about a 25% EF and feel great. So numbers are not the only answer. wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.