Tattoo

All posts from Jan 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2010

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

whiteheadjf

Re: Tattoo

Post by whiteheadjf » June 10th, 2010, 6:00 pm

I'm old enough to remember when only bikers (I'm talkin Hell's Angels, Renegades, etc.) and drunken sailors got tattoos. Frankly, I don't understand the compulsion. But it is a free world, and with the economy like it is every tattoo is a potential profit for both the tattoo artist and 30 years later the tattoo removal clinics.
non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Maximo II 2009
Boston Scientific 2015 (generator replacement)
Pacemaker syndrome / PMT 2015
Boston Scientific CRT-D 2016

tomrostron

Post by tomrostron » June 10th, 2010, 6:35 pm

I have had tattoos since i was 14yrs old. the problem is, after a few years, you cant read what they say. So i wouldnt recommend them, to be read by paramedics. joe.

ladyheart

Post by ladyheart » June 12th, 2010, 3:15 pm

That's good to know. Thanks.
Lori
Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy & CHF 1996
Mitral Valve Replacement 1997
first ICD 2005, Guidant
second ICD 2010, St. Jude
Sudden Cardiac Arrests: 1 in 2005, 10 in 2009

Mark

Post by Mark » June 16th, 2010, 9:39 pm

I was thinking about putting "ICD inside: what's it to ya?" but am not sure..... Or " I can internally jump start my Tahoe, can you?" inside a heart.... am I being a tad crazy about this? lmao4dx

Greg a

Post by Greg a » June 23rd, 2010, 9:04 pm

this was a pic on facebook ...note the jumper cables instead of snakes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LIVE
LOVE
LAUGH
ITS ALL GOOD

ABOUT ME:
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... &start=570

ladyheart

Post by ladyheart » June 24th, 2010, 3:16 am

Cute. That's kind of cool.
Lori
Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy & CHF 1996
Mitral Valve Replacement 1997
first ICD 2005, Guidant
second ICD 2010, St. Jude
Sudden Cardiac Arrests: 1 in 2005, 10 in 2009

ScorpD

Post by ScorpD » June 24th, 2010, 12:39 pm

As a IT person I always thought it would be fun to have a stick on one, something like "Intel Inside" or maybe a button that reads "System Reset". jestersmile
Maybe the only number that really matters is "On a scale of One to Ten, How do you feel today?"

Theresa

Post by Theresa » June 29th, 2010, 9:02 am

Hi Donna
I have 4 ICD scars in the same place and I'd like to get a tattoo of a tiger scratch and paw over them. Artists have refused to do it. It'll likely be opened up again anyway.
By the way - i live in London Ontario too!!! I wonder if we've run into each other at UH clinic?
Take care
Theresa

Elizabeth Martineau

Post by Elizabeth Martineau » June 30th, 2010, 8:28 am

Whenever the topic of tattoos comes up I think of a story a friend told me down in St. Augustine at work. He was an ex-sailor and had a lot of tats. He told me when he got his first one, there was a woman on the next table who got a "beautiful"
bald eagle, completely across her chest, and that she could actually make the wings flap.

That was quite a visual, but even a better visual, that woman would probably be in her 70's now and I can't help but wonder if the wings are now just wrapped around the eagle or what (:

Also, when I was court reporting, I remember a case where a woman tried to have a tattoo removed from her thigh, a large one, and the result was much worse than the tattoo and she was suing.

I think the little roses and such that the kids get today on their ankles and shoulders, etc., are cute. But you really need to think ahead. No boyfriend names,
and avoid areas that are inevitably going to droop or change, as the eagle woman probably found out.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » June 30th, 2010, 10:10 am

Unless there's been a huge change in the materials used, you can also count on the beautiful, colorful tats becoming indistinct purple blobs over time. As a kid, I admired my uncle's Roadrunner tattoo. Today, I can barely make out what it was.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

idunno313

Post by idunno313 » July 1st, 2010, 7:17 am

I had wanted to get a "Danger- High Voltage" or something along those lines (actually as a recommendation from my father who has a stimulator in his back and we were thinking about going together) however like someone had noted earlier, the 6" rule applies here. I have mine under the pectoral but it's STILL considered an electrical interference... oh well... I'll just need to stick to other places in addition to the 5 existing I have...
DCM ( thanks dad), LBBB, VT, VF oh... and CHF
1st icd: 5/26/05
2nd w/ lead.change: 3/17/10
Lots of shocks, 4 unsuccessful ablations and then a heart transplant 2/25/14. Feeling great (knock on wood). Thank you UPenn and MRAG for the hospital suggestion!!!

madd-trapper

Post by madd-trapper » July 1st, 2010, 9:44 pm

Stick to the black and grey tats, think they look better then colors. Maybe we could get La Ink to do an ICD special.

revken

Post by revken » July 12th, 2010, 12:10 am

I'm currently working on a design, with a resident at the nursing home I'm a chaplain at. It centres around the heart, but will probably feature lightning bolts rather than the spark plug. I guess in terms of whether to have one or not, if you feel no compunction to have one, then no explanation would suffice to help you understand. It's a personal thing. But for me, there is something to the idea of the ritual scarring that many cultures practise. In the idigeounous cultures of Australia there were cuts on the chest or other parts of the body signifying rites of passage. Even circumcision can be regarded as ritual scarring. The need to mark a significant part of one's journey on one's body falls into a similar category. And is probably similar to the need some of us to take part in risky behaviours, such as bungy jumping, white water rafting, or riding a scooter in peak hour traffic lmao4dx I wouldn't do any of those things, but I do ride a motorcycle and I have some tattoos and am seeking to add to them.
Medtronic Secura DR implanted 28th November, 2009.

Clint

Re: Tattoo - page 4 Intro link

Post by Clint » July 14th, 2010, 8:57 am

I remembered this pic from our very own INtro link

Devilflame

C-)
I am trying to develop a lifestyle that does not require my presence.

Clint

Re: Tattoo @ Mark

Post by Clint » July 14th, 2010, 9:00 am

I am trying to develop a lifestyle that does not require my presence.