Heat

All posts from Jan 1, 2010 to Dec. 31, 2010

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

kcblues2

Heat

Post by kcblues2 » July 1st, 2015, 11:01 pm

I just had a doc visit and she said my heart rate was normal! With cardiomyopathy my regular doc said I should feel like I won the lottery! So, I was feeling pretty good, now month later the heat has hit and yesterday I got really hot and then all night felt like someone was squeezing my chest and I had a hard time breathing. Better today but should I call heart doctor and is this normal for cardiomyopathy patients who get over heated? I have fibromyalgia too so in allot of pain so hard to tell what pain is what. Thanks for any help.

freckles1880

Re: Heat

Post by freckles1880 » July 2nd, 2015, 7:40 am

Heat really does have an effect on many of us. I am told that NO outside activities when the temp is below 40 degrees or above 80 degrees. I also not that humidity at any temperature is also an issue. I have just had to work around my issues.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

Michael L

Post by Michael L » July 2nd, 2015, 2:54 pm

The heat is finally starting to get to me. I have lived in Florida for almost all my life and the heat never really bothered me. I would always rather be hot than cold....

This year it has started to wear me down. I noticed that I get tired by the afternoon.

I also noticed that I drink I lot more water in the heat. This increase in fluids was causing me some more edema which was making my chest very heavy at night when I laid down. My Cardiologist increased my prescription for furosemide and is allowing me to increase my dosage when I start feeling bloated. I have a very scientific method for determining my dosage: if I can make a fist with my left hand I only take the smaller dose, if I can't squeeze my hand into a fist I take the larger dose.

Ask you doctor if you are remaining too much fluid, it can make a big difference in how you feel. And good luck!
Biotronik Ilesto 7 implanted May 5, 2014
CABG 3X February 1998

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » July 2nd, 2015, 3:13 pm

Michael L wrote:Ask you doctor if you are remaining too much fluid, it can make a big difference in how you feel. And good luck!
You can find this out a lot by yourself. Weigh every morning and evening. Any 4-5 pounds a week change may be an issue. Ask you doc he/she will tell you.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

kcblues2

Post by kcblues2 » July 8th, 2015, 12:25 am

Thanks for the feedback on heat and heart!

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » July 12th, 2015, 11:55 am

if I can make a fist with my left hand I only take the smaller dose, if I can't squeeze my hand into a fist I take the larger dose.
Am I reading that right? It would seem to me you have bigger issues than too much water. What's your left foot doing?
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

Michael L

Post by Michael L » July 12th, 2015, 7:17 pm

mrag wrote:
if I can make a fist with my left hand I only take the smaller dose, if I can't squeeze my hand into a fist I take the larger dose.
Am I reading that right? It would seem to me you have bigger issues than too much water. What's your left foot doing?

I can check my fist before I even get out of bed. If my left hand is swollen I can be sure that my left foot and ankle are also swollen.... told you it was very scientific...
Biotronik Ilesto 7 implanted May 5, 2014
CABG 3X February 1998