.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.INTRODUCTION THREAD.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Tuckerc1

Re: .·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.INTRODUCTION THREAD.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Post by Tuckerc1 » June 21st, 2018, 12:25 pm

Hello All. My ICD was implanted a little less than 2 weeks ago due to a sudden episode of Vfib. I'm 46 years old and had a mitral valve replacement in 2017 due to rheumatic disease. The whole situation is very scary and I'm not sure what to do or expect. The doctors said that I could go about my normal activities as I felt comfortable but none of this seems normal to me. I have a constant, still painful, reminder that I'm not really ok. I was hesitant to even look for a support group as I am a very private person. I'm going to try it anyway :). Thanks for having me.

folkfanrich

Re: .·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.INTRODUCTION THREAD.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Post by folkfanrich » July 9th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Hi, all,

I'm new to the ICD world having had my first overnight hospital stay in my 67 years. With all the new lifestyle changes needed, and knowing how well we humans handle change, I thought some support might be helpful. So, then I encountered this forum using Google.

I had a three-minute bout of syncope 2 weeks ago at breakfast, surrounded by my wife and three good friends who had stayed over following our 7th annual solstice goin up the country lake jam session here in the Driftless Region of Wisconsin. I felt a bit funny, blinked and then the folks sitting across from me had disappeared - they were holding me up in the chair asking if I was okay. Long story short, I left the hospital an hour and a half away five days later knowing my arteries were clear, my EF was 30% and with a new Medtronics ICD.

My wife snapped this photo the day I got home. Moxie the tortie kitty and me.
Me and moxie.jpg
Looking forward to participating in this forum and learning much from all of you. Feeling like I had a serious wake-up call, grateful for a new lease on life, believing the Holy Spirit has more work for me, and maybe she likes what I've been doing so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peace, y'all!

Rich