Pain in back of neck and left arm with fingers too

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

Pain in back of neck and left arm with fingers too

Post by Leah » January 10th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Hi All-
I hurt my self on my upper back near my shoulder about 3 weeks ago. I think it’s from lifting a 24 pack of water and sliding it down the register. 2 days ago I developed neck pain in the back and it’s radiating to the left arm down. I have tried taking Ibuprofen and Tynoel tried the heating pad too for neck but no luck. I’m going to the PCP tomorrow. Anyone have anything similar like this? Thanks-
Leah

Leedur

Re: Pain in back of neck and left arm with fingers too

Post by Leedur » January 10th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Yes Leah, severe neck pain and I went to a Chiropractor that almost killed me. Got some pain pills and about 2 weeks later I seemed healed. Many years later and for hip pain, I had a bone scan, x-rays and a C T scan. This was early 2014 and the same time I got the ICD.

All tests related to the pain revealed severe spinal stenosis, bone spurs, bulging and deteriorated discs.....all the bad stuff that can press on the nerves and usually happens with age. Strange thing is it's now 5 years later and haven't had those pains for years.....a miracle and based on the doctors test results I thought to be in a wheel chair by now.

Strange thing I have noticed in life is when I got a new pain, the old pain seemed to disappear....one pain area at a time is enough for anyone.

mykidsmom

Re: Pain in back of neck and left arm with fingers too

Post by mykidsmom » January 11th, 2019, 8:50 am

youve been off work for ages leah..its going to take a while to get back into the swing of it....and lifting and sliding heavy stuff is a sure way to aggravate it.....Lee is right.......come with age too...and your so much older than the rest of us right lol.. lmao4dx
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!