People die- No one is held accountable- Just Amazing

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

david1

People die- No one is held accountable- Just Amazing

Post by david1 » January 5th, 2019, 1:54 pm

mykidsmom

Re: People die- No one is held accountable- Just Amazing

Post by mykidsmom » January 5th, 2019, 5:44 pm

jez.....makes you wonder eh ive had 7 at least surgeries because my body keeps trying to kick the ICD out and ive a couple of stents in my groin that are doing their utmost to stay in place because the aul body doesnt really want them...
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » January 5th, 2019, 7:25 pm

WOW, that is scary stuff. I can honestly say I have never had a problem with my ICD's, first one Guidant and 2nd Boston Scientific. Both worked very hard for me. I have a new mitral valve, this is still in the trial phase, it will be 3 years now, and had no issues with that either. So you could say I am one of the lucky ones.

However, I face the insertion of mesh soon into or outside my stomach, They talk about it as a stent type application, but with the size it will have to be for my stomach, and also with all the problems associated with mesh inserts recently, I will be asking a lot of questions. Next Tues I see the surgeon.

It isn't just the devices that are proving problematic, in my situation, I had a procedure 6 years ago for Oesophageal Cancer and it is falling apart now, apparently they didn't expect many of us to survive this long, and at the time the procedure became common, there were no trials or long term patients to research. So there are lots of us World Wide that are in a lot of trouble from a life saving procedure. I don't regret having the procedure, I got 6 years out of it, but hell it is hard at the moment, and they are going to attempt to fix me or ease my problems, but who knows.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » January 5th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Folks, here comes a moderator-approved rant!

There are many sorts of governments in the human experience, ranging from aristocracies and oligarchies, to republics and pure democracies. The worst of all, though, is the most common and is found in service to the others:

Bureaucracies, which literally means "government by desks."

Bureaucrats, who aren't elected and seem as though they answer to no one, shuffle the papers, stamp the denials or approvals, and go home at night with a clear conscience, no matter how many lives they ruined that day. They dotted the I's and crossed the T's, so they know they did their part and deserve their paychecks.

Ok, my rant's over. Anyone else?
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » January 6th, 2019, 12:46 am

You got me totally by surprise RonDaRon.....is it open forum? because im sorta taken up this day with the actual meaning of the word strike.

Strike action, a work stoppage caused by the mass refusal of employees to perform work
General strike, strike action by a critical mass of the labor force in a city, region or country
Capital strike, refusal to invest in an economy
Culture strike, refusal of artists or art institutions (arts organizations, festivals etc.) to respectively produce and show art
Hunger strike, participants fast as an act of political protest, or to provoke feelings of guilt in others
Postal strike (disambiguation), an industrial dispute by postal workers
Prison strike, strike taking place inside a prison, involving either a hunger strike or a prison work strike
Rent strike, when a group of tenants en masse agrees to refuse to pay rent until a specific list of demands is met by the landlord
Student strike, occurs when students enrolled at a teaching institution such as a school, college or university refuse to go to class

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » January 6th, 2019, 12:54 pm

I opened up this topic because we have been opened up by surgeons and had devices implanted in us. This topic isn't so much political as it is a chance to rant and, perhaps, to discuss how we can get the FDA to perform its proper functions.

Any thoughts?
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » January 10th, 2019, 5:00 pm

mykidsmom wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 5:44 pm
jez.....makes you wonder eh ive had 7 at least surgeries because my body keeps trying to kick the ICD out and ive a couple of stents in my groin that are doing their utmost to stay in place because the aul body doesnt really want them...
As many have noted, my mind is going, so forgive me if the answer is obvious, but what exactly are they forcing open in your groin with those stents? If it fails is Willy likely to be injured? :duh:

admit it, you missed me didn't you?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » January 11th, 2019, 8:13 am

YEA!!!!!