OT - Farewell Tour...

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ROBO Pop

OT - Farewell Tour...

Post by ROBO Pop » October 29th, 2018, 11:21 am

Well my friends, and Mrag, this is my final farewell tour. Nah, no such luck, I'm not giving up my legendary golf club collection just yet.

This is my lovely bride's last week before she hangs up her paddle, says good bye to the kiddies, and walks away from a 25 year career in elementary education. I'm so very proud of her and all she's accomplished, the children's lives she's touched and her dedication to helping children achieve their potential.

Thursday she waves good-bye for the final time, and we start a new journey. We have no idea where life will lead us but are excited to spend a lot more time together enjoying whatever comes. As such, I won't be coming by to harass everyone daily which I'm sure will delight some and disappoint others. Well alright, I'm sure there will be a raucous farewell party to which I won't be invited but I do hope everyone has a good time.

Behave yourselves and keep Al (Mrag) in line, I will stop by periodically to check up on you, assuming I survive my wife opening the French maid's uniform I bought for her retirement. It's been a honor and pleasure golf2
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

DebW

Re: OT - Farewell Tour...

Post by DebW » October 30th, 2018, 7:19 am

Congratulations to your wife ROBO!!! I also look forward to the day my hubby retires to spend more time with him. Y'all enjoy!!!!
tahdahh tahdahh tahdahh

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 30th, 2018, 11:30 am

retirement for both in a marriage sucks big time.....

You know all this togetherness? it sucks big time.
You can both end up micro managing each other BIG time and it sucks.

the bloomin questions...."where are you going NOW? (to the bathroom ffs )
How long will you be? (as long as it takes?)
Your going to the shops again? ( Yea and if you dont disappear for 5 mins im going to be going 10 times today for the break)
see what i mean..

If you hold the knife this way it'll cut better (showing you the sharp edge) (thinking....i could hold it another way and it would work perfectly well too cept id get locked up)

Of course this never happens.....and then you get to take vacations together!!!

Oh the joys of retirement.Puts a whole new meaning on ....till death do you part......roflmao
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 30th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Retirement? I'm glad someone's getting to do it. I expect I'll be proctoring students for many years to come... which is a good thing. It keeps me out of trouble at home.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 30th, 2018, 4:42 pm

ron do you need an assistant??? i could sent willie out for a few hours a day hehehhehe :sick030: :sick030: :sick030: :sick030:

blueraider

Post by blueraider » October 30th, 2018, 6:41 pm

How exciting for your wife! Enjoy the time together.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 31st, 2018, 9:05 am

Now i want to amend my other post here.....I dont want to go down in history as the harbinger of doom in retirement...I really do love us being retired....willie had to take early retirement to be my minder way back a few years ago....and im very grateful...hes my best friend...and i love spending time with him...and these years perhaps if i hadnt been as ill and forced the retirement, we might be just heading into the retirement now and missed out on so much....because all this was unplanned at the time it did thro us into a bit of a financial tailspin...but hey who said life is easy.....and we got over it.

Good luck to you and your wife Robo...

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 31st, 2018, 4:38 pm

OK from a selfish perspective the first thing I thought about was "WHAT ABOUT US". consolsmile consolsmile

BUT how wonderful for you both. You will both be able to enjoy your retirement together. Lots of paintings expected with the added encouragement I am sure your wife will supply, probably to get you out of her hair, as Helen has indicated.

Next we will hear you going on your annual road trip, to warmer areas of the US. Over here we have a complete population of retirees who take off each winter to warmer areas, we call them the 'Grey Nomads' and they travel all the warmer areas of Australia in Caravans and motor homes for the Southern Winters, spending their children's inheritance.

Here is to a happy time together with your wife tahdahh tahdahh
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 31st, 2018, 4:38 pm

OK from a selfish perspective the first thing I thought about was "WHAT ABOUT US". consolsmile consolsmile

BUT how wonderful for you both. You will both be able to enjoy your retirement together. Lots of paintings expected with the added encouragement I am sure your wife will supply, probably to get you out of her hair, as Helen has indicated.

Next we will hear you going on your annual road trip, to warmer areas of the US. Over here we have a complete population of retirees who take off each winter to warmer areas, we call them the 'Grey Nomads' and they travel all the warmer areas of Australia in Caravans and motor homes for the Southern Winters, spending their children's inheritance.

Here is to a happy time together with your wife tahdahh tahdahh
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

slk123

Post by slk123 » November 1st, 2018, 11:56 am

Congratulations, Mrs. Robo!!! Here’s to hoping spending more time with Mr. Robo is easier than teaching little ones ! :)
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » November 1st, 2018, 12:06 pm

Yeh right.

Wise men say only fools rush in...

You'll soon be announcing the comeback tour, like Elvis did in '68 followed by a long residency in Vegas.

The question is; are you a hunka hunka burning love?

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 2nd, 2018, 7:09 am

hope mrs robo doesnt see this colin until AFTER she retires...the threat might be enough to make her sign up for another 5 years hehehe

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » November 8th, 2018, 2:30 pm

She loves it already, but one week and I'm already pushing her to use all that education and start a new career like maybe Walmart Greeter... hey I figure they would take anyone and she has so much experience dealing with crazed parents and children, perfect fit.

So far she's made me help clean the storage room. Put up new shelves, and sort years of papers. Throwing out papers is how I fell and broke my ribs...

Don't think I'm going to survive this
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

DebW

Post by DebW » November 8th, 2018, 5:35 pm

lmao4dx lmao4dx lmao4dx

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 8th, 2018, 5:50 pm

OMG i cant see for laughing.....sorry.....serves you right for being a paper hoarder.