Hard learned life lessons...

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

dick

Re: Hard learned life lessons...

Post by dick » October 25th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Interesting topic now.

So can CPR fix a heart attack?

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 25th, 2018, 10:15 pm

THIS IS IN NO WAY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL EXPLANATION, but I believe that when there is the need for CPR the heart has progressed into AFib, as a result of the heart attack. I am sure those on here who have had one will be able to explain more. Not all Heart Attacks deteriorate to AFib. Also the damage done to the heart because of the blockage could cause the heart to stop, and then the CPR is necessary to keep the patient going until medical intervention. I asked a cardiologist in the early days if I was at risk of a Heart Attack and he told me that people with pristine arteries do not get heart attacks. So one is plumbing and the other electrical. Now I understand the difference, and get very precious when people confuse the two. nononono

This may help.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20364523
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » November 8th, 2018, 2:14 pm

@#$ $@&^ $%&@*&÷$# the lights went totally out again and I did a swan dive this time landing on the corner of a concrete slab and doing significant damage to my chest. In fact I broke 2 ribs. Now when I breathe, the pain sends me screaming, my eyes water like a fountain, and my eyes roll back into my head. I know the trick is don't breathe...I've tried, believe me.

On a positive note my pretty face wasn't affected thanks to my helmet and it was the left side this time so the bruising makes a lovely rainbow across my chest when I take off my shirt. Wanna leave a good looking corpse when I go.

WTF do you think hanging with MKM causes this syndrome? Please God, if I'm gonna die let it be before I spend too much on Christmas...or scar this pretty face.

Otherwise the brides retirement has been going well.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

DebW

Post by DebW » November 8th, 2018, 5:33 pm

OH NO!!!!!!

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 8th, 2018, 5:56 pm

awww jesus...that hurts...nothing like broken ribs to inflict horrid pain...(willie broke my ribs when he was giving me CPR for god sakes...ive warned him to be careful next time...he said there wont be a next time..hes resigning from life saving jobs) did you trip or blank out?

thing was..nothing seemed to ease the pain either it was just there...and breathing regularly made it worse....you poor sausage.....hugs
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider » November 10th, 2018, 4:26 pm

ROBO wrote:.. landing on the corner of a concrete slab and doing significant damage to my chest. In fact I broke 2 ribs
RBG fell, broke THREE ribs and was back at work the next day. You are a wimp.

Melissa

Post by Melissa » November 12th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Wow, so sorry to hear about the ribs! Praying that they heal up quickly!
Melissa - dx cardiomyopathy in 2004 due to childhood chemotherapy; Boston Scientific CRT-D implanted 8/10, meds: Toprol XL 100mg/day, aldactone 25mg/day. Second ICD implanted 3/18, also Boston Scientific CRT-D

Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider » Yesterday, 8:58 pm

Melissa wrote:Wow, so sorry to hear about the ribs! Praying that they heal up quickly!
RBG thanks you for your concern