o/t Beam me up scotty.....!!!

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

KansasAl

Re: o/t Beam me up scotty.....!!!

Post by KansasAl » October 20th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Gary - You posted a link from a GOP hating publication leading to a GOP hating article and call it well reasoned. May I suggest you google a Washington Post, also a GOP hating publication article by Ed Rogers, opinion writer, on 10-11-2018. Sorry about no link, I tried. Alan

garya

Post by garya » October 20th, 2018, 6:20 pm

@KansasAl, I believe the link you were looking for is:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... alth-care/

by Ed Rogers an opinion writer and veteran of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush White Houses. Why would you call WaPo a GOP hater if they provide this Rogers space to mis state the obvious? Mitch McConnell has been going around talking about how "entitlements" must be reduced because of the impending budget deficit. Entitlements meaning Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and the deficit a direct result of a tax plan that gives 83 percent of the money to the richest people. Are you in that group? Why would you support giving the richest people such a break when 1, it isn't needed, 2 there is no reason to do a tax cut in this economy and 3, the really rich don't even want it. But Mr. Rogers claims the GOP is not coming after Social Security?

The GOP literally held a rally in the Rose Garden (the so-called Keg Party) to CELEBRATE the passage of a bill to eliminate protection for pre-existing conditions. Yoh, what was that, Happy Hour?

Alan, if you can provide some substance, I will listen. And if you can add why you want to screw over your fellow citizen, that would give me a bit of understanding too.

InSync

Post by InSync » October 20th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Those of us with pre existing illnesses could easily have been protected with change to HIPAA to restrict the use of protected health information. The power of our healthcare $ didn't have to be placed in the hands of insurance companies and hospital corporations to accomplish that. What we should be asking is why my echo that cost $2950 pre ACA cost $9000 post ACA.
Dilated Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, CHF
St. Jude CRT-D 5/12
The beat goes on.....

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » October 21st, 2018, 3:54 pm

Gary - Please bare with me on my slow responses. I live in rural America and use dial-up which requires me to use an antique OS and browser to allow the use of an external modem. (This is how all of us rich people do it.) This also limits me on posting links and direct text.

I would like for you to see what Mitch actually said. How you related this to (Mitch is out to screw us all) I don't understand. Sounds like something you would hear on CNN. http://fortune.com/2018/10/16/mitch-mcc ... t-deficit/

Gary - You whined about the House voting to do away with P.E.C and then you whined because they didn't. Yet to this point no one has been denied coverage. No one has paid more. But it's fun listening to you whine. :big-hug:
garya wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 6:20 pm
The GOP literally held a rally in the Rose Garden (the so-called Keg Party) to CELEBRATE the passage of a bill to eliminate protection for pre-existing conditions. Yoh, what was that, Happy Hour?
Gary - Did you even read your link? There were no kegs involved and the "keg party" wasn't held in the Rose Garden".

I did hear that Obama and some guy called "Joe the plumber" had a beer drinking contest on the White House lawn.It was also reported that afterward after the media had left that Obama stripped off his clothes and started howling at the moon. Through unnamed sources Joe said he was absolutely embarrassed and disgusted by the Presidents behavior. It's also been told by many of Joe's unnamed friends that he is saddened and upset that the "# me too" movement didn't exist back then as every time he bent over to get a beer from the cooler the President would sneak up behind him and slip a finger down his plumber's crack. More on this horrific and devastating story as it comes in. Stay tuned to CNN.

See what I did there? punisher

Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider » October 21st, 2018, 5:24 pm

Gary - Did you even read your link? There were no kegs involved and the "keg party" wasn't held in the Rose Garden".
OK, so where were all these slimy old white males standing when the the photo was taken? As for "kegs," you win. No kegs just 50 cases of god damn beer. You are not very good with associative comparisons are you? Have you belonged to any other cults before? You realize cults may have been covered under Obamacare?
You repeal Obamacare, you repeal pre existing conditions. Is this an insurmountable concept for you?
.https://people.com/politics/republicans ... with-beer/

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » October 21st, 2018, 9:39 pm

Whoa, Nellie Ohr! Your all over the place RR. I know ACA provides mental health care, I'm sure you would qualify for a hefty Adderall dosage.

So we agree - I was correct in saying there were no kegs of beer and no keg party in the rose garden. As mentioned previously, I use dial-up and didn't want to wast an hour opening your photo. The article stated there was a rally in the Rose Garden and if your description "slimy old men" is accurate I can only assume that they sprayed their beer on each other rather than drinking them. When I say "their beer" if your 50 case count is accurate - 200+/- congresspersons plus staffers and other peripheral people that works out to about 1 can per person. Oh,my! What a drunken shebang that must have been.
On the other hand if Alexandra Jaffe was correct and it was BUG Light beer maybe it was slimy.

Associative Comparisons - Is that where I tell the truth and you just can't stand it so you try to ridicule me and make me feel bad about telling the truth?
It's O.K., RR - I fully understand that when you see a black car and white car parked side by side you think it's two grey cars. In your mind nothing can ever be black and white.

Have I ever belonged to any other cults before? What the hell you talk'n 'bout, Willis? What cult do I belong to now? PLEASE see my opening paragraph.
Rough Rider wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 5:24 pm
You repeal Obamacare, you repeal pre existing conditions. Is this an insurmountable concept for you?
Why no, no it isn't! I didn't know this was a point of contention between us. PLEASE, PLEASE see my opening paragraph.

OK, Scotty, RR is ready to be beamed to Ork so he can play with Mork.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 22nd, 2018, 10:52 am

KansasAl wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 9:39 pm
OK, Scotty, RR is ready to be beamed to Ork so he can play with Mork.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 22nd, 2018, 11:28 am

Let's try for a bit of balanced reporting:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1018/a ... costs.php3

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » October 22nd, 2018, 12:13 pm

Ron - According to the CDC at the end of 1st quarter 2018, the overall premium for the ACA policies had declined by 1.7%. Your article was an interesting read. Thank you.

Alan

garya

Post by garya » October 22nd, 2018, 12:33 pm

Cute Ron, nice try
TruckerRon wrote:Let's try for a bit of balanced reporting:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/jewish-world-review/

And with no thanks to the Republicans
Alan wrote:According to the CDC at the end of 1st quarter 2018, the overall premium for the ACA policies had declined by 1.7%.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacar ... 28257.html

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/issue ... re-issues/
The KFF Election Tracking Poll finds the Democratic Party has the edge over the Republican Party on the public’s trust to do a better job dealing with a series of health issues. Six in ten say they trust the Democratic Party to do a better job dealing with women’s access to reproductive health services (61 percent), maintaining Medicaid expansion (58 percent), continuing the Affordable Care Act’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions (58 percent), and improving the health of minority populations (58 percent). In fact, at least twice as many say they trust the Democratic Party to do a better job on these issues than say the same about the Republican Party.
And permit me to save you the time Ron
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=kff.org

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 22nd, 2018, 12:53 pm

Just how biased is that media bias checker? To someone who's left of center anyone who merely advocates for following the US Constitution as written is a knuckle-dragging Neanderthal. And according to the Southern Poverty Law Center the "antifa" movement doesn't really exist and certainly isn't a threat to anyone.

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...

garya

Post by garya » October 22nd, 2018, 4:47 pm

Just how biased is that media bias checker?
Truth be told, I learned about MediaBiasFactCheck.com from a RWNJ who used it to bash me over the head about something of earth shattering importance that I now can't remember. It does list The New York Times as "left-center bias" which sets an alarm off for me (and I would imagine Hillary) despite a "Factual Reporting" rating of "high." So I guess there is some room for improvement. No doubt it will provide you hours of action packed research fun regardless of its rating for your Jewish World publication.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

So as election time approaches, any bets that Trump will unleash troops on "the caravan" to protect Murica from invasion or some similar outlandish act to further limit the democracy he so allegedly loves?

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 22nd, 2018, 7:16 pm

garya wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 4:47 pm
So as election time approaches, any bets that Trump will unleash troops on "the caravan" to protect Murica from invasion or some similar outlandish act to further limit the democracy he so allegedly loves?
First, the United States of America is not a democracy. Its founders rejected that form of government. Instead, they gave us a constitutional republic.

Second, I've no idea how he will choose to act regarding that invasion from Honduras. The fact that they're "migrants" and not armed troops doesn't change the fact that they are willfully coming to the US, planning to violate its borders, and will thus break its laws. And they're then going to demand that we accept them with open arms and provide them with all the necessities of life, including free healthcare!

Finally, I personally will treat this topic as over and done with since it no longer has much bearing on mykidsmom's original subject. If necessary, I'll lock it down since it has nada to do with the purpose of this board. There are hundreds of political boards out there if you're wanting to debate people.

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...

garya

Post by garya » October 22nd, 2018, 8:09 pm

In actuality and according to Wikipedia, the USA is a
Democratic republic. A democratic republic is a form of government operating on principles adopted from a republic and a democracy. Rather than being a cross between two entirely separate systems, democratic republics may function on principles shared by both republics and democracies.
And in my opinion I have severe reservations whether Republic or Democracy are any longer applicable to our country. It would certainly not seem so in Kansas or Georgia for example.

Ironically, the New York Times just issued a Top Story that reads (my bolding)
In targeting a migrant caravan, President Trump escalated a G.O.P. effort to stoke fears about race and immigration ahead of the Nov. 6 vote.
Monday, October 22, 2018 8:31 PM EST
Mr. Trump on Monday sharply intensified a Republican campaign to frame the midterm elections as a battle over immigration and race, issuing a dark and factually baseless warning that “unknown Middle Easterners” were marching toward the American border with Mexico.

He and other Republicans are insistently seeking to tie Democrats to unfettered immigration and violent crime, and in some instances this summer and fall they have attacked minority candidates in nakedly racial terms.
At this point, these "migrants" will only be immigrant applicants at the time they present themselves at a proper US immigration point. Until then they are essentially a bunch of hikers.

And while Mykidsmom began this OT topic with her concerns including the "orange you know who," I agree it is time to move on. I am sure you have no interest in possibly further educating civically, directly or indirectly, any innocent passerby's.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » October 22nd, 2018, 10:41 pm

garya wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 8:09 pm
In actuality and according to Wikipedia, the USA is a
Democratic republic. A democratic republic is a form of government operating on principles adopted from a republic and a democracy. Rather than being a cross between two entirely separate systems, democratic republics may function on principles shared by both republics and democracies.

To that I refer you back to Wikipedia:
In American English, the definition of a republic refers specifically to a form of government in which elected individuals represent the citizen body[2] and exercise power according to the rule of law under a constitution, including separation of powers with an elected head of state, referred to as a constitutional republic[4][5][6][7] or representative democracy.[8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...