Shock # 6

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

codman59

Shock # 6

Post by codman59 » October 10th, 2018, 6:35 am

Yup, got zapped again at 1 AM on Sept. 27, one week before my 6 month driving suspension would have been complete from the last shock. Again it was in my sleep but certainly woke me up. And for you Robo: At the time I was having a nightmare where several people were chasing me and beating me with golf clubs. I swear.
Kind of discouraged right now; another hike in the amiodarone dosage, but my meds regime is going to be totally reviewed between my cardiologist and my EP.
Cardiomyapathy (reason unknown; suspect viral infection 1998), chf, gout, diabetes, asthma, bad hair.
Medtronics Virtuoso VR implanted Aug 28/08, single lead.

"The generation that would change the world is still looking for its car keys" - "The Rainmakers"

Craig

mykidsmom

Re: Shock # 6

Post by mykidsmom » October 10th, 2018, 8:36 am

Jez.....so sorry to hear this codman...and the timing sucked....that would really peeve me off....mind you theres the silver lining which is your here to tell the story..so theres always the good and the bad...have you gone to the dr yet??? good luck
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » October 10th, 2018, 10:16 am

Sad to hear that Craig, you are one shock in front of me now.

I'm also on amio, what is your current dose and please let us know what they up it to.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » October 10th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Craig I'm truly sorry to hear you got another Jesus Jolt and right before your license was returned. I swear we should change the name of this group to El Muerto Viviente
codman59 wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 6:35 am
And for you Robo: At the time I was having a nightmare where several people were chasing me and beating me with golf clubs. I swear.
for the record, I was up gasping for breath and wondering if the end was nigh at that time...besides I would never ruin a perfectly good golf club like that.

Hang in my friend, it's gotta get better. And let me add my wife's driving will probably kill me before my heart disease. Screw the license what're they gonna do, deport you?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 10th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Oh Craig, I am so sorry to hear this. Lets hope they can tweek your meds and give you some relief. I really dislike the fact that as we progress with this Cardiomyopathy crap that we do get the added number of rhythm issues. Hope they can sort you out. Is the LVAD back on the agenda again???
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 10th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Ive had 7 Cardiac arrests.....so you have to understand my poor grandkids not really understanding death...."you can come back right?"

but someone mentioned something that made me remember..my poor unfortunate husband who shall remain nameless had a pretty bad accident when he accidentally fell head first into a grave on his bike....and after the surgery wasnt able to drive for a while....I take great pride in my driving...ive only every had one accident ...ever...(12 cars anniliated hehe) so i was his taxi drive to work....I drive standard...I was getting a bit pissed off with his whining to be honest and considered strike action but imagine the shock one day i stopped at a traffic light..he hopped out...ran like the hobs of hell and left me sitting in the car.....he ran straight to a car rental company and rented an automatic car.......and drove himself from then on in...we didnt talk for a while.

I forget what reminded me of this...sorry codman lol

codman59

Post by codman59 » October 11th, 2018, 5:41 am

For now at least they increased my amiodarone from 300 mg daily to 400 mg daily. I'm sure they will start touting LVAD to me again when I go for another right side heart cath next Tuesday. My cardiologist is not a fan of LVADs at all, and I don't like the thought of one either. You go that route and it's a roll of the dice with no going back.
The EP that was there for the ICD interrogation (the same guy that implanted it) mentioned the possibility of adding another anti-arrhythmic drug to the fray, but I guess I'll be discussing that with my cardiologist after the cath. On the bright side, it may entail only a 3 month extension to my driving suspension, according to the EP. So.... maybe in January.
Having more and more nightmares, so I'm not so sure the shocks aren't starting to get in my head a bit.
Cardiomyapathy (reason unknown; suspect viral infection 1998), chf, gout, diabetes, asthma, bad hair.
Medtronics Virtuoso VR implanted Aug 28/08, single lead.

"The generation that would change the world is still looking for its car keys" - "The Rainmakers"

Craig

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 11th, 2018, 7:16 am

I hope its just a short extension for you..not being allowed drive can affect you more than the heart issues...I hope they get it sorted out for you soon and it might be better to get another medication...less intrusive...

yes these shocks do get into your brain and affect you..and sometimes you dont even realize the extent they affect you....Good Luck..!