O/T Best sellers.! Book club anyone???

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ROBO Pop

Re: O/T Best sellers.! Book club anyone???

Post by ROBO Pop » September 29th, 2018, 2:19 pm

mykidsmom wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 9:04 am
Robo..its a Jack ryan movie..its a series...I saw the movie too and wasnt impressed..(wasnt that nutter tom cruise in it?) anyways the series has a decent cast.....and id recommend it
careful, Tom's actually a friendly decent guy, and that nutter as you call him gave my eldest a role in a movie and his start in Hollywood so we're rather fond of him.

And no, I'm not confused, I've seen both the movie and first in a series and wouldn't recommend either. I thought the series especially poor, acting script and plot. My lovely bride agrees with me.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Leah

Post by Leah » September 29th, 2018, 5:52 pm

There’s a bunch on Netflix. 13 reasons why, Starger things. You just have to scroll through and look. Have Fun looking for a good movie/show

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » September 30th, 2018, 8:14 am

So....finally settled on a new (well to me) series..."hand of god." Ron Perlman.....not very far into it...(episode 1) so im on the fence about recommending...anyone seen it?? its about this Judge whos son is on life support...? the series seems to have been around for a while..It got a 7.5 on IMDb but so far i dont think id rate it that high but as i said..early days yet.

Glad to hear yer man helped your son robo....this was a great thing to do...and im sure you guys must really like him....unfortunately i think hes still a fruit cake..I did think you got mixed up with the movie and the series ...and reason for that is...i did at first lol..

anyone follow the Grand Prix?
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

dick

Post by dick » October 1st, 2018, 1:08 pm

Robo Pop wrote:I thought the series especially poor, acting, script and plot.
Wow, you are a hard family to please. Any comment about the cinematography? I see mykidsmom said she had trouble finding Jack Ryan. As a suggestion, the following website is highly recommended:
https://www.justwatch.com/us

It can tell you where you can find just about any show you want to watch. It usually includes trailers (previews), a short summary and ratings from RottenTomatoes and IMDB. BTW, Ryan has a very high 8.4 rating on IMDB which suggests two things. A whole lot of people liked the series and 2, Robo is really picky ;-)

Anyone want to discuss Passengers with Jenifer Lawrence?

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 2nd, 2018, 3:36 pm

Thanks so much for the link Dick...Its Invaluable Id never heard of it but i did find some stuff ive been looking for .

Im now into the 2nd season of "hand 0f God" and yes Id recommend it totally Just took an episode to settle in....

Passengers was on my list but Couldnt find it till I checked your site lol.....So its next on my list yahoo!!!!

Im not fond of cooking as you all know but being honest if the mood to cook hits me im a Pretty decent cook so im disappointed in Chrissy Tiegans book....my best description and recommendation would be If you have a kid moving out......give it as a gift, the recipes are quick easy and contain few items and ideal for someone who cant cook but would like to impress and needs ideas..... lol...Ok since i bought it ive also started using Miso again lol

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » October 2nd, 2018, 4:52 pm

mykidsmom wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 3:36 pm
...Im not fond of cooking as you all know...
Willy said he's not fond of your cooking either.

Anybody into Sci-Fi? I just read "Living with your CRT-D" kind of Star Trekie, lots of suspense and futuristic technologies :duh:
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 3rd, 2018, 7:18 am

Weve only been married 46 years robo..he hasnt seen enough of my cooking yet to make a proper assessment..which is why i bought the cookery book lol...

A good friend of mine is a Sci-Fi writer..hes very prolific and very generous.....he sends me all his books to read prior to release...and for the past 30 years ive been racking my brain as to how to tell him nicely i hate hate hate Sci-Fi....cant do it.so i read his books...but id sooner have hot needles poked in my eyeballs than have to read one.. Having said that....some of the non fiction im reading right now...like Fear.....could in another universe like the one i was born in....be classified as Sci-Fi.

OMG on that link Dick i found so much stuff.....Bordertown is now on my list it looks good...and 54 hours...(that i found on Sundance for canada) and some other stuff that looks good...Oh i dont know if i mentioned i also have Michael Palin on my list.....Michael Palin in north Korea???

Carl Portman

Post by Carl Portman » October 4th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Just reading 'Catcher in the Rye'...
Right Ventricular Dysplasia
St. Jude ICD implanted 28 September 2009
Ablation on 5th January 2011
Ablation on 26 October 2011
Sotalol and Mexilitine tablets
St Jude generator replacement on 02 January 2014

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » October 4th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Well well, there is a Portman. Nice to see you Carl. Don't suppose we can hope for a Sunday Sermon...
Carl Portman wrote:
October 4th, 2018, 12:23 pm
Just reading 'Catcher in the Rye'...
another oldie but goodie To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.

one thriller I've read repeatedly The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth. Extremely well done and the twist at the end is incredible in it's subtlety
Broken Heart

tip

Post by tip » October 4th, 2018, 4:38 pm

The day of the Jackal, I think I read that. Was that about Charles De Gaulle? I liked riders of the purple sage
St. Jude Dual Chamber
Cardiomyopathy
Aortic Valve Replacement

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 7th, 2018, 3:49 am

Love my Murder/Mystery/Thrillers. Some of these look interesting.

https://www.bookbub.com/blog/2018/09/12 ... -fall-2018
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.