So who is ordering the Apple Watch?

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

mykidsmom

Re: So who is ordering the Apple Watch?

Post by mykidsmom » September 20th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Im sure everyone is waiting with bated breath.....you start first...
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » September 20th, 2018, 7:58 pm

OK, now a bit of reality here. Has anyone even seen the size of these watches. You need a needle to get to use it, the icons are so small that you would never get the right one. I don't know about others, but I have to use a stylus to use my mobile phone to type or use all the icons, so I know I would be useless using the iphone watch. Also, you have to have a BIG iphone so that it syncs with it, and uses the sim card with the phone. Ok it can take your pulse and lets you know that you have fallen down, and lots of other fancy things, but I think I will wait until our devices come up with this sort of stuff before I go rushing off to get the iphone, new one now worth nearly $2000, so it could be an expensive exercise.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » September 20th, 2018, 8:38 pm

ya know what i think chrissie all these gadgets cause more stress trying to figure out if your doing the set up....monitoring etc etc...im going to buy a skipping rope hehe

DowneasTTer

Post by DowneasTTer » September 22nd, 2018, 4:53 pm

Here's a link to a great review from the New York Times.... you know the fake news. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/tech ... ealth.html

The most interesting part maybe this: "There is one demographic that may be more interested in the watch for health reasons: the elderly. Apart from the electrical heart sensor, the new watch can detect when its owner has taken a nasty fall. The feature is turned on by default for people 65 and older (based on the birth date they entered into the watch’s software), and the watch will automatically call emergency services and send a message to your emergency contact if you remain immobile for a minute after a fall.

I struggled to trigger the fall detector. In the name of journalism, I took several dives at home onto my mattress, a couch and a dog bed to try to get it to work.

I also headed to a rock climbing gym, where I climbed up six walls and fell onto a padded mattress onto my side and onto my back. No dice. Last, I clambered atop the gym’s tallest wall — about 17 feet high — and dropped down. When I landed, the watch vibrated and chirped. Alas, it was only a notification alerting me that someone had liked a photo on my dog’s Instagram account."
Idiopathic CHF diagnosed Nov. 1 2011
EF at 15-20 % currently 20-25 % (May 2013)
Medtronic Evera S VR implanted Dec. 3 2013
Carvedilol 12.5mg 2Xday, Lisinopril 40mg, Furosemide 20mg as needed

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » September 22nd, 2018, 5:10 pm

lmao4dx lmao4dx lmao4dx dancee dancee dancee
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » September 23rd, 2018, 12:26 am

DowneasTTer wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 4:53 pm
Here's a link to a great review from the New York Times.... you know the fake news. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/tech ... ealth.html

The most interesting part maybe this: "There is one demographic that may be more interested in the watch for health reasons: the elderly. Apart from the electrical heart sensor, the new watch can detect when its owner has taken a nasty fall. The feature is turned on by default for people 65 and older (based on the birth date they entered into the watch’s software), and the watch will automatically call emergency services and send a message to your emergency contact if you remain immobile for a minute after a fall.

I struggled to trigger the fall detector. In the name of journalism, I took several dives at home onto my mattress, a couch and a dog bed to try to get it to work.

I also headed to a rock climbing gym, where I climbed up six walls and fell onto a padded mattress onto my side and onto my back. No dice. Last, I clambered atop the gym’s tallest wall — about 17 feet high — and dropped down. When I landed, the watch vibrated and chirped. Alas, it was only a notification alerting me that someone had liked a photo on my dog’s Instagram account."
never thought of this big brother thingy.....Ive enough falls thro the day..(thankfully im able to get up..sometimes with the help of little ben and willie if i scream loud enough) that i wouldnt like the paramedics arriving every couple of hrs...this watch isnt for me.....of course i am only 39

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » October 5th, 2018, 3:39 pm

But can anybody tell me, does the dang thing keep time?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375