Question

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

Question

Post by Leah » August 18th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Hello All-
I'm 2 month out with a new CRT-D scar. I was on vacation for 2 weeks. It was really hot outside. I went to the beach everyday. I didn't put any sun screen on my scar. My first scar is very light color. Now to my second scar it looks bright red like a sunburn would be. It has a 3 spread white line. Don't ask I don't know how to send a picture of it. It burns also at times. What do you all think?
Leah

luvmydogs

Re: Question

Post by luvmydogs » August 20th, 2018, 7:45 am

Well, Leah, you probably did burn it or at the very least aggravate the heck out of it. New scar tissue is very sensitive. And depending on the meds you're on, some of them create sun sensitivity. I am outside a great deal on our farm, and so I am very tan. I still wear sunscreen on the sunniest-hottest days to avoid the photosensitivity. It creates red, very itchy bumps on my skin.

My scar was a brighter red for quite a while when I first got it but now it blends in pretty well. And the color of the scar may very with a tan or sunburn.

Also, my scar will hurt at times depending on whether a new bra strap has rubbed it wrong, or it didn't like the material of the tshirt I wore, etc. When you notice it hurting, just be mindful of what may have changed to cause it.

And always, if you're truly worried, the best advice is to check with your doctor. Take care.
Joanne (aka Jo)