Welcome Folkfanrich (Rich)

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ricatlga

Welcome Folkfanrich (Rich)

Post by ricatlga » July 11th, 2018, 11:18 am

Hi, all,

I'm new to the ICD world having had my first overnight hospital stay in my 67 years. With all the new lifestyle changes needed, and knowing how well we humans handle change, I thought some support might be helpful. So, then I encountered this forum using Google.

I had a three-minute bout of syncope 2 weeks ago at breakfast, surrounded by my wife and three good friends who had stayed over following our 7th annual solstice goin up the country lake jam session here in the Driftless Region of Wisconsin. I felt a bit funny, blinked and then the folks sitting across from me had disappeared - they were holding me up in the chair asking if I was okay. Long story short, I left the hospital an hour and a half away five days later knowing my arteries were clear, my EF was 30% and with a new Medtronics ICD.

Looking forward to participating in this forum and learning much from all of you. Feeling like I had a serious wake-up call, grateful for a new lease on life, believing the Holy Spirit has more work for me, and maybe she likes what I've been doing so far.
Peace, y'all!

Rich
Welcome Rich - Two weeks post ICD it's a little late to tell you :armdown: , but do remember you have to use that arm to keep it limber. Moxie the tortie kitty looks like she weighs about as much as a gallon of milk, which is usually the limit to lift with your left arm. Glad that you found the forum. For me, this was my sole support group when I joined some 8 years ago. In fact, I'm now scheduled August 30th for a new ICD as the battery has worn down past its useful life.

Regards,
Raymund
Raymund
Replaced ICD 8/30/18 with Medtronic Visia AF SureScan MRI ICD
Ablation May 2012 - Sotalol discontinued in September
VF unknown cause 1/19/2010, Medtronic Secura-VR 1-22-10
Mitral valve repair Dec 2007

mykidsmom

Re: Welcome Folkfanrich (Rich)

Post by mykidsmom » July 11th, 2018, 12:09 pm

welcome Rich this forum is a great place to land when your new to the world of ICDs.....theres always someone ready to help or reassure you or give you some advice, which if your sensible you'll ignore and take yourself to the drs..unfortunately im not good with advice but can always tell you a story......Robo, rags, Ron Ricatigo are pretty ok if you discount about 45% of the advice hehehehe...

welcome....life is short....enjoy it...and you did get a second chance lol...
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 11th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Welcome. We're looking forward to your participation. Any questions you have just shoot. That's why we're here, to help you along this journey, well that and TruckerRon pays us handsomely.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 11th, 2018, 2:14 pm

YOU!!!! GET!!!!! PAID?????????? im telling chrissie
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

DebW

Post by DebW » July 11th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Welcome Rich, you have come to the right place for info
howdywelcome howdywelcome howdywelcome

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » July 11th, 2018, 6:16 pm

DebW wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Welcome Rich, you have come to the right place for info
howdywelcome howdywelcome howdywelcome
And for ________ attempts at comedy. You get to fill in the blank!
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » July 11th, 2018, 6:27 pm

.....here in the Driftless Region of Wisconsin.
Wisconsin? Home of Paul Ryan? And you don't think you deserved a little syncope?

Rich, we all make some mistakes in life. Seems like God gave you a little extra leeway this time. Hopefully you can make the most of it. Best of luck.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

4EverHopeful

Post by 4EverHopeful » July 12th, 2018, 11:59 am

Hi Rich! Welcome from North Carolina wavhi

Wow nothing like rushing into the world of ICDs! This group is a great place to mingle and have questions answered. Take the time to rest and get better. Once you start feeling better, don't overdo it until you know your limits.

Lived in beautiful Wisconsin back in the 70s. North of Great Lakes since my dad was stationed there. Lived in a rural area full of lakes. It was called Lake Shangrila. Huge chain of lakes. Learned to ice skate there, ice fishing and snowmobile riding. The lake would freeze up to 3ft thick, in fact, the community would get together and race cars, wind sails and snowmobiles on the lake. Had ice fishing competitions too. It was a great place to live!
Phyllis

God's prescription for the heart:
O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit
down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me
and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment You know where I am.
Psalm 139:1-3

Non-ischemic DCM 09/11
PVCs, LBBB, leaky mitral valve
St Judes CRT-D (Bubba) 02/12; (Bubba II) 09/17
EF 20% 09/11; 25% 07/12; 35% 02/16
Failed PVC Ablation 11/12
Coreg, Zestril, Asprin, Aldactone, Lasix, Zocor, Levothroid
viewtopic.php?p=87649#p87649