Pretty in Pink...

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ROBO Pop

Pretty in Pink...

Post by ROBO Pop » July 11th, 2018, 10:04 am

as usual, my titles are somewhat misleading, but the pretty in cyan didn't sound as good.

I'm starting to become one of those annoying patients for my poor medical team. Frequent messages to and fro, whimpering, whining, complaining. This weak has been particularly difficult for them and I may just be pushing my luck. Hate to have them dump me after all these years. You know how difficult it is to properly train doctors, they aren't the brightest, and speak a foreign language.

Anyway to my point. I thought instead of running to them with this latest ailment I'd check in with the real experts here, and if mrag's tied up with other patients, anyone will do. Now some of you think of me as a colorful character, but this is ridiculous.

You know that pretty color that your lips turn when your heart ain't pumping high octane. Sort of between blue and red, which most artists call purple but the medical community calls Cyan? Like everything else, they love to use terminology us mere mortals don't get. I think Cyan might be Latin for purple. Well when I was putting my socks on this morning I noted the beautiful bright purple on my toes...all 6 on the right foot (passenger side for the challenged Americans). Now we aren't talking the muted purple but rather the ugly dark blackish purple us oldsters get when we bruise ourselves. (I said bruise, not abuse Al).

Now I know for fact I didn't kick the dogs (or wife for that matter) yesterday. Didn't drop a bottle of wine on them. Didn't abuse the toes whilst doing pirouettes. Didn't hit them with a golf club. In fact didn't do squat yesterday for sure. They aren't painful per se, so I have no reasonable explanation for this lovely colorful display.

Any ideas how I might be able to make the rest of my body so colorful?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Re: Pretty in Pink...

Post by mykidsmom » July 11th, 2018, 12:00 pm

well since i have it in writing that you normally just ignore me anyways im going to go ahead with my usual cheerfulness and give you my piece of advice....

go see the bloomin dr.

this happened to me as recently as january.....the toes on my left foot turned an awesome shade of pink purple and blue....since i hadnt kicked anyone and im given to wearing really high heels i ignored them cos i had so much happening at the same time...anyways when the tingling and twitching and then the nerve pain started i had to show them to the dr....where the vascular guy almost had a happy dance cos he got to insert stents and i think he must have been looking for a few $$ pay out from the Ontario government to cover some of his holiday expenses in cuba....i had after they did some tests 10% bloodflow going into the foot they put 2 stents in my groin....and increased the blood flow to 20% in the foot.....and i think 50% in the leg..and now ive been left with something called PAD..known as Peripheral artery disease ....remember i was also in danger of losing the foot cos i got a blister burst on it due to shingles and it wouldnt heal because of the lack of bloodflow......apparently this can happen too with diabetes..

just be careful and get it looked at...your not supposed to have pink or purple skin..unless you have lupus like me and your lips go purple for no reason lol..... :big-hug:
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

DebW

Post by DebW » July 11th, 2018, 12:34 pm

YES, what Helen said!!!!
Call the bleeping dr!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 11th, 2018, 1:14 pm

:thud: :pullhair: psst, I'm waiting on Ron to point out Cyan is in the blue green light spectrum.

I have a Cardiologist doctor, Pulmonologist doctor, Proctologist doctor, and a General Practitioner doctor but no Bleeping doctor smarty pants lmao4dx
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » July 11th, 2018, 1:30 pm

haha, Haven't been called smarty pants for a long time lmao4dx lmao4dx lmao4dx And I am sure one of those dr's can help you. dancee

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » July 11th, 2018, 1:50 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 1:14 pm
:thud: :pullhair: psst, I'm waiting on Ron to point out Cyan is in the blue green light spectrum.
Why should I tell you what you already know? Call your GP or cardiologist ASAP... but you already know you should do that, so just

TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 11th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Deb he needs to pull up his BIG boy pants...not be a wimp..and hobble off to see SOME dr and not be tied with with semantics.

see Rons smart..he knows exactly what shade Cyan is..and so do the rest of us.

Cyanosis refers to a bluish cast to the skin and mucous membranes. Peripheral cyanosis is when there is a bluish discoloration to your hands or feet. It's usually caused by low oxygen levels in the red blood cells or problems getting oxygenated blood to your body.

I should add to this..sometimes it can be a bright red ... have we scared you out of your chair yet to the drs?? good!!! Keep us updated.

DebW

Post by DebW » July 11th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Sounds like you have an answer to your question ROBO lmao4dx

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » July 11th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Sometimes ROBO, actually make that most of the time, you can be pretty damn dense. Enough of this foot fantasy, the rest of us know what you're talking about. Didn't they tell you in like 10th grade Health class, "don't choke the chicken?" Grab it too tight and it's gonna turn cyan.

Grasp lightly and use a quality 10W-30 lube.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » July 11th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Dear Mr Robbo, I would be most concerned if my toes turned to the artists Cyan. I would be worried I was turning into a SMURF.
Male_Smurf.jpg
Now for an artist description of that colour I believe Mars Violet is more accurate. consolsmile

As the others have Pointed out to you, SEE A DOCTOR. It is obvious to all of us who have a brain that it has something to do with your circulation, and unless you are on heavy duty Warfarin and Plavix combination then I can't think of any other explanation.

Just get your grumpy old man's backside down to the doc ASAP. kick butt

:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 12th, 2018, 6:42 am

so robo.....what are you doing this am...heading to see your dr i hope.?????

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 12th, 2018, 10:37 am

mykidsmom wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 6:42 am
so robo.....what are you doing this am...heading to see your dr i hope.?????
A few months ago my doctors and I agreed it was time I went on a comfort care program. At a follow-up visit, I whined and complained until the doctor intervened and reminded me we had agreed to a comfort care program. He went on to explain what specifically that meant, just in case I was too dense to comprehend. What it means is as long as he's comfortable, he don't care. So in response, No I didn't and don't plan to make an appointment. I do have an appointment at the end of month, apparently he's running short on funds, and might bring it up at that time.

mrag wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 6:21 pm
Sometimes ROBO, actually make that most of the time, you can be pretty damn dense. Enough of this foot fantasy, the rest of us know what you're talking about. Didn't they tell you in like 10th grade Health class, "don't choke the chicken?" Grab it too tight and it's gonna turn cyan.

Grasp lightly and use a quality 10W-30 lube.
:duh:
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 12th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Now robo your really peeing me off a bit.....If this beautiful cyan color that your boasting about is any issue with vascular disfunction..it could be caused by a blockage...which means you could be at risk for a stroke...(as i was....2 stents later and some angioplasty im still at risk..but much less so..)....and i would hate to think your keeping yourself at risk cos your being bloomin lazy.......get your butt to the dr...if its an unnecessary visit so what your not that busy that you cant spent a few mins of your day visiting him and cheering him up if nothing else........if its anything else ..it could save your life...

and its in your interest to save your lift..right...im sure you havent finished those paintings yet..and im also certain Mrs Robo mightnt be happy with you if she thinks your being a stubborn aul git.

:sick030: :sick030: :sick030: :sick030:

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 13th, 2018, 9:47 am

mykidsmom wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 2:47 pm
...and im also certain Mrs Robo mightnt be happy with you if she thinks your being a stubborn aul git.
for the record, Mrs. Robo went out and bought some industrial strength refrigerator magnets cause the old one's weren't getting the job done... :duh:
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 13th, 2018, 7:14 pm

if she need any help getting them home to you..let me know.. lmao4dx