OT: WTF

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ROBO Pop

OT: WTF

Post by ROBO Pop » July 7th, 2018, 11:32 am

I come here most days to kick back, stretch, and generally catch up on reading what's going on with everyone. Truth be known, it's really to get out and take my mind off my daily travails.

You may not have noted, but I haven't been on top of my game if you will, lately I've been struggling ... a lot.

My Edema has run rampant and every night my feet are swollen beyond recognition. I've taken to wearing clown shoes, since nothing else will fit, and Trucker and Mrag said that would help me get a job as greeter at McDonald's. Not sure why. My breathing is so labored I'm expecting to deliver any day (get it, labor - giving birth). Debilitating Angina is a constant pain in my heart, and cold sweats are making me rethink that I should invest in something to catch some of the overflow. I asked my wife if she had any ideas, and all she said was Depends, some help...old joke?

Lately when I visit, there's little going on and I slip away disappointed. so that's right, WTF (where're the friends?). Haven't you ever heard...If you post it they will come?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

DebW

Re: OT: WTF

Post by DebW » July 7th, 2018, 11:39 am

Oh geez ROBO I am sorry to hear you are not feeling up to par, pun intended. ha! Is the CPAP working at all to help you get some sleep at night?

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » July 7th, 2018, 6:01 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 11:32 am
If you post it they will come? [/i][/b]
Happened to Elvis, he wrote a song about it.

Return to sender.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 7th, 2018, 6:54 pm

awww you poor baby this totally sucks...nothing is worse than being unwell and unable to enjoy the things you normal do....as deb asked..how is the cpap machine working out..i dont know where your located so im wondering if this darned heatwave we all seem to be having is affecting you...your on fluid meds right to flush the fluids?? can it be adjusted in any way and would it help??

regarding no one being here..im fecking here all the time..but i dont post too much cos i think im swamping the forum with stupid posts.....but if you feel like a chat....pm me....or if you have facebook look for me there.....as i said ive absolutely NO life..so im on line a lota the time..and if you want to chat on the phone i'll call you..see im not just a fairweather friend im here in the rain too...hugs

Now something interesting did happen..my favorite 15 year old..and my favorite granddaughter have been here most of the week...and it wasnt till they went home that i realized something....ive been running around in circles in the hottest days...doing stuff with them..and most importantly keeping up with them.....im so happy if i had any energy id do a happy dance..but im reserving my energy for next week when ive the favorite 11 year old and favorite 5 year old here...im delighted with this summer specially since i figured id not be around for it but rather kicking up daisies.
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 7th, 2018, 7:51 pm

DebW wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 11:39 am
Oh geez ROBO I am sorry to hear you are not feeling up to par, pun intended. ha! Is the CPAP working at all to help you get some sleep at night?
see, off your game a few days and some clown tries to step in and steal your thunder.
Colin Pearson wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 6:01 pm
Happened to Elvis, he wrote a song about it.

Return to sender.
this is why we had a tea party and threw out you Brits, the reference was Field of Dreams
mykidsmom wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 6:54 pm
.as deb asked..how is the cpap machine working out..i dont know where your located so im wondering if this darned heatwave we all seem to be having is affecting you...your on fluid meds right to flush the fluids?? can it be adjusted in any way and would it help??
mine's a C POP. I am on industrial strength P Pills and maxed out. We are now desperate and leave water running throughout the house all day...think about it, you'll eventually get it. How soon they forget, your friend lives here, remember? Satan was given the choice to rule Hades or Arizona, two guesses which he chose.

Still my point was get busy people and post so I have something to mock in my misery
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » July 7th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Mock away ROBO!! And yes it is hot here in Wyoming!!! 102 today and I hate it, can't do the heat. But, I do know it is hotter there where you are!!
I hope you start to feel better!!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 7th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Psst, Deb, don't tell anybody but I laughed out loud and spewed wine out my nostrils when I read your ...not feeling up to par comment. good job. :big-hug:
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » July 7th, 2018, 8:39 pm

I'm so happy you enjoyed that and so happy you are enjoying wine!!!!! Yay!!

blueraider

Post by blueraider » July 8th, 2018, 7:16 am

It’s hot in TN.
Someone should have warned me that the ICD sounds like an ambulance when it’s battery replacement time. I. Scheduled for replacement on the 27th. Nervous about it. Praying for no complications.

Wishing your good health and lessening of symptoms....

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » July 8th, 2018, 7:46 am

Ok here i go. My laptop died and don't get a new one till wed. 2 days away. Iam using my tablet and doing it hard. So u are privileged Robbo.

It is FREEZING over here and we all have SADS. So worried that u are not doing very well. It just sucks. Thinking of u my buddy.

:big-hug: :big-hug: :sick030: :sick030:
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 8th, 2018, 10:16 am

oh you poor girlie chrissie..but come on ..share the sun you had it hahaha...i'll share our snow with you.... lmao4dx lmao4dx

yes my friend who lives in your direction robo is still complaining still afraid to go out and generally praying and hoping she could move some place else thats not classified as hell lol..

102 deb.......omg

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » July 8th, 2018, 6:17 pm

ROBO Pop wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 7:51 pm
The reference was Field of Dreams
I know. And what a lovely film that is.

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » July 9th, 2018, 7:15 am

Robo, here's something fun to take your mind off things a bit. I had a sucky weekend last weekend. It has been HOT here in Michigan also. So we decided to go camping "up north" in our camper with air conditioning. The first night we stopped to stay at a friends, we couldn't hook to his electricity though so we ran our generator later in the night to get the a/c cooling things off in our camper. Well, either the a/c took out the generator or the generator took out the a/c. About 1 am my husband had to go out and turn off the generator, it then got super hot, so I asked him to run extension cords up to their garage to at least get a fan running. About 5 minutes after he did that, our carbon monoxide detector went off. Apparently got a little too much coming in from the generator. So, opened all the screens and went back to sleep (all is fine). Next day, we move to another campground further north, hoping that our a/c would work if plugged into an actual 30 amp service. Left for 3 hours and came back- still 95 in camper. Found a hotel and parked the camper in the back lot while we went in to enjoy showers and a/c. Got checked in and to our room and the power goes out, due to a storm coming through. WTH! So about 30 minutes later we got power and all was well again.

This all leads up to why we went up north. We were (our Bronco) was hired to be in a new whiskey promotion roll out in Traverse City, Michigan. It is only available in Texas and now, Michigan. So we met up with two other Broncos, tied innertubes to our Broncos and drove around the city in the middle of their Cherry Festival. Stopped at a few spots and let people see our Broncos and talk about the new whiskey. All in all, it was fun and we ended up staying one more night in the hotel for the air conditioning after driving around paved hell all day in the heat.

Here's a picture! Ours is the lighter yellow on the right in the picture.
whiskey promo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joanne (aka Jo)

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 9th, 2018, 8:42 am

Im sorry for laughing Jo but i somehow think you lived my life this weekend hahahaaah...

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 9th, 2018, 2:25 pm

let's see Jo, you have all these bizarre episodes whilst going north to advertise some new whiskey ... and just how much of that free whiskey did you guys sample on the way? Camping with AC - for gods sake woman, be a man about it. You sound like my wife, she thinks black and white TV is roughing it. lmao4dx

oh and our Bronco's are all wild and roaming free
Broken Heart