Poppy...

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

KansasAl

Poppy...

Post by KansasAl » July 6th, 2018, 11:40 am

It's been 2 days since they un-plugged your kidney! It's time to report back to the rest of the flock on how your getting along. We hope your doing good but we won't know unless we hear from you!

Best wishes. Alan :2thumbs:

InSync

Re: Poppy...

Post by InSync » July 6th, 2018, 9:08 pm

Thank you for posting that, Alan. I've been thinking about Poppy too.
Hope you are well Poppy! :hugg:
Dilated Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, CHF
St. Jude CRT-D 5/12
The beat goes on.....

Leah

Post by Leah » July 6th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Thank You Alan:
I have been thinking about Poppy and wonder how he is doing. So Poppy when you get a chance or whatever your'e up to it please post to the group. We would all love to hear from you.

Leah

Post by Leah » July 11th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Anyone hear of poppy? Wondering if he’s okay and the surgery went smoothly.

Poppy

Post by Poppy » July 13th, 2018, 5:13 pm

Have posted a reply not sure if it got thro please tell me if it is lost, and I will do another

Cheers, Poppy.

Leah

Post by Leah » July 13th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Hi poppy-
The post got lost. Didn’t see one on here.

Poppy

Post by Poppy » July 14th, 2018, 2:28 am

Hi all, sorry but my last post got lost. Hope this one gets thro. Thank u all for your good wishes. Yes, I have survived, praise God and my excellent surgeon. The surgery only took 40 minutes it usually takes 2 hours, so I am told. The reason being the heart. I heard him (the Surgeon) tell the Anethatist, Time is the essence. They gave me an epidural, don't know if any of u out there have had one, but I thought they gave those to women in childbirth only, _although I wasn't given one when my daughter was born. However although it stopped the pain, they do have nasty side affects. I lost the use of my left leg temporarily which was terrifying!! You know, your mind goes everywhere, and u see yourself in a wheelchair!! But I am ok now, back home with my cats and my lovely family.

I have a larger than usual cut for a keyhole job as the Doc had to whip the kidney out quickly. I feel as if I have had a bad dose of flu, and my abdomen feels as if a horse has kicked it. We have had a heatwave here in the UK with temperatures around 32c which is not usual. We are not used to bit. So it wasn't pleasant in the hospital.

Not having had surgery like this before I would welcome some comparative comments. For instance, I feel sick if I try to do much. Is this normal?

Anyway thank u all again. Oh I forgot to say, they told me my I c d battery was a 10 year one, I thought 4 to 5 years was the maximum.

Cheers, Poppy.

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » July 14th, 2018, 9:52 am

Good to hear from you. Glad your surgery went well. Never heard of an epidural for a nephrectomy or a 40 minute nephrectomy. Can't really compare notes as I had open partials. I can agree that it hurts and will for a while. Especially if your driving/riding in a car on a bumpy road.

Be sure to get a copy of your pathology report.

This is a good forum to join as there are a lot of people there who have had the same surgery as you. They are friendly and more than happy to explain what your feeling and any other questions you might have. https://csn.cancer.org/forum/142

Best wishes for wellness and I hope this is the end of it for you. Alan

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 16th, 2018, 12:47 pm

sounds like you did very well in the procedure and are on the road of recovery. We'll keep our fingers crossed all is well and you are back to normal in no time. Good luck
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » July 16th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Poppy I am so glad your operation is now over. Like you, I thought I had posted a reply earlier, but apparently not. wavhi wavhi

It is important to keep your pain under control, so make sure you get enough meds to do the job. If you are in pain you tend to not want to move around and you really do need to get active to heal.

My latest device - a CRT-D came with a ten year battery life exoectancy, and after numerous interventions, she is really working hard for me, after 6 years I still have 5 years left. So batteries are always improving. Personally that is ok by me, but I do feel jealous of people who get newer more fancy devices now, while I still have to wait it out for my battery to die. But then again, by the time I need a new device it could play music or recharge my phone. wavhi wavhi
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.