o/t emergency contacts/friends

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

mykidsmom

o/t emergency contacts/friends

Post by mykidsmom » June 30th, 2018, 1:08 pm

I lost an online friend very recently.

The sites and Forums we posted on were all concerned when he went MIA a couple of months ago...and several of us made serious efforts to contact him, or someone who knew him but we ran into brick walls because none of us had ever thought of exchanging alternative contact information with him......and this is quite common with online friends......the thing is, online friends whom we maybe have contact with daily become very much part of our lives and in many cases we will only know them by their online handle or first name.....which was the case with this friend even though we emailed each other almost weekly for more than 10 years....Ive been online since before the internet, before windows and before the Inception of MIrc and along the way met many thousands of people and made some very good friends whove become very important in my life...some of whom ive met in person many times, some of whom ive met once or twice....but many ive never met although we "talk" daily......and id be devastated to suddenly lose contact as i did with this recent loss... things change in our lives and sometimes maybe we just drop off posting for many reasons and move on to other things...and sometime its just that we are extremely ill and unable to reach out to make contact with those in our lives we would like to inform..my kids have passwords for the places i hang out online at and instructions to contact people if i get very ill or step into the next dimension but ya all saw how that went down this winter....like a lead brick..

anyways....just thought id park this thought in your brain....ive alternative contact methods for many here.....and those i dont whom i would like to have an alternative contact for will be hearing from me by pm soon lol... :big-hug:
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Re: o/t emergency contacts/friends

Post by ROBO Pop » June 30th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Don't know what it means when your "friends" tell you "don't call us, we'll call you"?
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » June 30th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Robo wrote:Don't know what it means when your "friends" tell you "don't call us, we'll call you"?
I can see why you couldn't follow that concept very far.

As an idea for the more introverted here, you might make use of the "draft" folder typically available in most email accounts. There you can write out what nonsense you prefer and even address it to whoever. Tell your executor or whoever "if something happens to me, send this out ...and include local contact info." Not an issue with me as I'm relatively famous in my own mind and as soon as I go, I'm sure the main stream media will promote the story all over. But for you lesser knowns, especially in second world countries not as great as America, the draft idea may work.

This concept may also be valid in the event of national catastrophe or nuclear attack. Neither situation that remote anymore given that Ron's favorite president is still in charge. You may want to reach out over multiple sources to keep in touch.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 5th, 2018, 11:23 am

roflmao....well heres the thing rags my buddy did that...about 5 years ago so many of the contacts were out of date for example ive moved..and had to lose the almost 20 year old email address i had sniff..

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » July 5th, 2018, 7:08 pm

In our details that are registered here we also have our personal Email address, so if we need to we can contact members that way. I know I have communicated with others on here via their personal email.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 5th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Ozchrissy wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 7:08 pm
In our details that are registered here we also have our personal Email address, so if we need to we can contact members that way. I know I have communicated with others on here via their personal email.
I've been meaning to ask you to stop emailing me those glamour pictures of you. Mrs Robo is stocking up on refrigerator magnets
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 5th, 2018, 11:02 pm

chrissie chrissie chrissie ....!!! i thought you were just sending that stuff to Rags and Ron....when did robo get on your list.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 21st, 2018, 2:37 pm

mykidsmom wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 1:08 pm
I lost an online friend very recently.
So...did you ever figure out where you mislaid your friend? tahdahh
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 21st, 2018, 4:37 pm

Yeah.....he kicked the bucket...heres the thing im sure he musta been royally pissed off that he went over the rainbow bridge (is that only for doggies?) before me..i met him around 11 years ago during my sojourn in the mental hospital in ireland...they stuck him in a room beside me for want of somewhere else to put him....and his joy at discovering i was well on the route to hitting the bridge was incredible because before meeting me he considered himself unlucky and with all his ailments he was certain the grim reaper would be knocking on his door soon..but when he met me..he realized he was doing all this worrying for nothing..that i was going over the rainbow bridge first..now heres the thing...he had many illness and issues....but his heart as he was fond of saying was like a young wans......well he had a heart attack...so out of the blue the perfect heart let him down....

I discovered why hed gone MIA too...hed become pretty much housebound with other stuff and hed gone to live with his daughter and family and living in a rural area his access to the net wasnt reliable..I miss him a lot...and i miss his incredible sense of humor..if hes gone over the rainbow bridge and its heaven i'll never see him again...im heading to the other place where more of my buddies are and were its going to be dependable to get a light for my smokes lol..