o/t just a quick question

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

tomrostron

Re: o/t just a quick question

Post by tomrostron » July 4th, 2018, 4:21 am

We are also getting a heat wave here in greater Manchester, where I live. Seems like the rest of the UK is getting the same. last time I remember anything like this over here was 1976. Up in the north west of England where I live, it rains at least once a week, and sometimes a heck of a lot more. We have massive fires on the moors at winter hill Bolton. just a couple of miles from my place. joe.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 5th, 2018, 8:48 am

reading all the whining about temperatures and sand, all I can do is shake my head. Whimps

today is projected to be 108deg F (42.2deg C) here in Tucson, our daily July average 102F. My native desert tortoises, Boulder and Pebbles will be knocking on the door to get into the air conditioned house while dancing on tip toe. We'll sadly have numerous tourists die from the heat while out hiking in the desert in spite of constant warnings about the dangers. Even more tragically there'll be numerous migrants who succumb to the elements. Haboobs (sandstorms) and dust devils (tornadic sand funnel) are a constant and keep auto paint shops hopping. Native Arizonans homes are painted sand brown (beige) inside so as to hide the dust piles which are a constant and unwinnable battle. Arizonans are also the ones you see out at 3am walking to get their daily exercise, that's when the temperature drops to a balmy 100F.

Go ahead, say it...but it's a dry heat
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » July 5th, 2018, 10:06 am

ROBO Pop wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 8:48 am
reading all the whining about temperatures and sand, all I can do is shake my head. Whimps
Whimp or Wimp : The original and still by far the most common spelling of this common bit of slang meaning “weakling, coward," is “wimp." If you use the much less common “whimp" instead people may regard you as a little wimpy.
Whimp or Wimp : Common Errors in English - English for Students
www.english-for-students.com/Whimp-or-Wimp.html
dancee

Actually, Arizona was one of my favorite states to drive through.

Especially in the winter.

Only Flagstaff ever was a challenge when it was snowing and blowing up there. For those of you unfortunate to have never experienced Arizona, its climates range from very temperate (read that as insanely varied) at Flagstaff's elevation (6,910 ft/2,106 m) to simply hot in Lake Havasu City (it's reached 128 degrees there at 735 ft (224 m) at the south end of the state).

Frankly, had my rig's air conditioning ever failed there, I'd have died within an hour or two. But I'd have been smiling. After all...

TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 5th, 2018, 10:27 am

a girlfriend of mine lives in arazona..shes originally from ireland..omg you never heard complaining about weather till youve met her.,.its non stop....
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 5th, 2018, 7:35 pm

the "H" in whine distinguishes it from wine sans "H" which describes my beverage of choice. Wouldn't want you guys to be confused about whether I was whining, or wining. ones not legal for minors the other for miners. You can do one while driving legally but not the other, and both are legal at confession. Okay now I'm chonfused lmao4dx
Broken Heart

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » July 5th, 2018, 8:22 pm

I'm sorry, my bad. I just heard our official high temp today was a mild 111deg F (43.89 deg C) and we had a haboob between here and Phoenix tht stripped the chrome off door knobs. Let me put it in laymens terms...my toupee is gone with the wind. My helmet was polished to high gloss :big-hug:

:armdown: in these temperatures deodorant doesn't work :armdown:
Broken Heart

Leah

Post by Leah » July 5th, 2018, 9:28 pm

You people are all nuts!!!! I am enjoying this hot weather and heat we are having. Before you know it winter will be back again.

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » July 5th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Leah wrote:
July 5th, 2018, 9:28 pm
You people are all nuts!!!! I am enjoying this hot weather and heat we are having. Before you know it winter will be back again.
Don't say that horrible word! Never say the "W" word!

TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » July 5th, 2018, 11:00 pm

My little willie just burnt his pinky finger on the shed ...should i get the shed removed?
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!