Huge Prblem!

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

Huge Prblem!

Post by Leah » June 24th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Hello All
I'm supposed to go to my EP on weds. Cardio on Tuesday. I think I am going to the EP tomorrow when I call. The device hurts, feel like stinging inside the device. I don't have a fever. I got shoulder pain where the device is and I'm pretty sure the device moved cuz I can feel it. What to do???
Leah

mykidsmom

Re: Huge Prblem!

Post by mykidsmom » June 25th, 2018, 8:00 am

Leah i think you should go to the EP today.....since youve had the change out on the ICD youve had different issues every day...and besides which i think your a bit nervous and anxious.....take the list of things youve had wrong and ask him about each one directly and get him to check the icd...even of the icd is ok at least youll feel better knowing this from him/her and hey if theres something wrong you'll get it fixed....you cant live like this worrying about it every day leah..

good luck
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 25th, 2018, 8:26 pm

I agree with Helen on this Leah. Also, you have been pretty anxious about this from the start, and from our other conversation, I feel you may be touching it too much and fiddling around with the wound site. Please go and see your EP ASAP.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » June 27th, 2018, 7:49 am

Leah,
I know what you mean by "stinging" feeling. I had that too at the beginning. I believe it was put as the muscle adjusting, it did go away after a while.
Joanne (aka Jo)

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 27th, 2018, 12:56 pm

so how did you get on this morning leah..
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Leah

Post by Leah » June 27th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Everything good. They upper the numbers on the pacemaker part so I wouldn’t get SOB when walking and going on the stairs too. Leads are good too. They also check to see if my chest would jump it didn’t so that’s good.

DebW

Post by DebW » June 27th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Good news Leah
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

InSync

Post by InSync » June 27th, 2018, 6:34 pm

I'm glad everything is good, Leah. Now you can relax.

I do remember some stinging sensations after implant. I've had that with other surgeries, too. Just part of the healing process, I think. My device also seemed to move around a little, though I'm not sure it really did. Your new device is a different size and probably shape. It might take a little time to settle in. If you are still concerned and anxious, you could use a pen to mark landmarks so you'll be able to tell if it moves drastically.

Best Wishes.
Dilated Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, CHF
St. Jude CRT-D 5/12
The beat goes on.....