My SOB was cause by CHF

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

My SOB was cause by CHF

Post by Leah » June 10th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Hi All
What an ordeal I had. I was at Middlessex ER with chest pain and SOB. The doc there did an X-ray so I had fluid in my lungs and kidney so I was transferred to another ER by ambulance where my cardiologist was. Had an echo results was 25% and I used to be 45%. So I got lasix in the IV for like 2 days then my weight was 141 before getting to the ER I was 158 all the time. The doc said that I was in CHF which I never thought of. Went home with 20mg of lasix.

Leedur

Re: My SOB was cause by CHF

Post by Leedur » June 10th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Leah....I was having SOB during nights when it would awaken me. Started taking 20 mg Lasix daily and haven't had any problem since.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 11th, 2018, 10:16 am

Glad they found the problem and are able to treat it. Good luck and let us know how it's going.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 11th, 2018, 7:52 pm

I am so glad they found out what the problem was. Fluid and CHF is a real problem and often goes undiagnosed. I have been on Lasix since diagnosis, and believe me I can control my CHF that way. Often Doctors ask me about the fluid, but I am able to say it is well controlled. You will be able to do the same now Leah, once we get it under control, it does work. I check my eyes for puffiness, my fingers if my rings are tight, my stomach for bloating, but I very rarely get swollen ankles, which is what most docs look at. You will learn to manage the fluid now that you are aware of it, and keep it under control. wavhi wavhi
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Leah

Post by Leah » June 11th, 2018, 7:52 pm

I got this cough and crackling in my lungs. I'm going to my PCP for a follow up tomorrow. I hope it is not pnemiona
Leah

Leah

Post by Leah » June 11th, 2018, 10:05 pm

I forgot to mention I have a leaky Valvle. Something about opening and closing

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 12th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Leah, the problems you are having with your lungs at the moment should be eased with the Lasix. It is fluid accumulating in your lungs.

As with the leaky valve, I had one for years, and mine was fixed with my valve replacement. I presume it is your mitral valve, which is the valve that is between your left atrium and your left ventricle. When the blood comes from your lungs to be pumped through your body, the blood goes into the left atrium, then through the mitral valve, and then the left ventricle pumps it into your aorta and back to your body. Sometimes the valve leaks, and some of the blood goes back into the atrium and not all of it goes into the rest of the body. I had it like this for years, but it can be fixed if it gets too severe. They call it mitral valve regurgitation.

This is not great news Leah, but there are things that can be done for you to make you feel better. Take a list of questions to your PCP and get the answers. It is just a case of working through what is happening at the moment, and getting help to make you feel better.

:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,

Leah

Post by Leah » June 12th, 2018, 10:37 pm

How will I know if it gets severe? My value? Is there anything I need to watch and look out for?

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 13th, 2018, 6:05 am

It is normally monitored by Echocardiograms. Your cardiologist will monitor that. But just watch your symptoms, if you feel something is not normal for you, go and get it checked. I had a leaky valve for years before getting mine fixed, so don't worry too much. I used to watch my valve on the echo screen all the time, it used to flap around all the time. I had never seen it differently. It was only after I got the new valve that I realized that the new valve wasn't opening as much and I was concerned about it. It was finally how it should be working, but I was worried as it wasn't flapping any more. So don't worry too much about it, with heart disease there is often a leak in our valves, but they are not all serious. Also this is my mitral valve, you may have your leak in another valve.

Oh by the way, :congratulations: :hugg: :hbglitter: HapBirDay

HOPE YOU HAVE HAD A GREAT DAY LEAH