Insurance

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

TruckerRon

Re: Insurance

Post by TruckerRon » June 8th, 2018, 4:47 pm

DebW wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 1:39 pm
...When I first got my cpap, I got the nose mask. Well, it didn't work for me, cuz, when I sleep I open my mouth and all the air comes out...
That's why I also got a chin strap to keep my mouth shut. Of course some might prefer me to wear that 24/7...
lmao4dx

TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

DebW

Post by DebW » June 8th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Ahhhhhh, that sure would have helped!!! Hahaha, you are funny Ron!!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » June 8th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Now I don't know if you know about this side effect, but you should warn Mrs Robbo. When I was using a CPAC machine, I passed a lot of wind. I used to wake up with the bedding lifting off the bed. Somehow most of my forced air got into my stomach and came out the other end. It was a bit embarrassing when others were around. I was in Hospital waiting for my first CRT-D and they had me in a room which was fully monitored, which I didn't know about. I used to wonder why the nurses always managed to come into my room just as I was waking up. Apparently they could hear me at the nurses station getting rid of the excess air through the microphone that was in the room. safetocomeout Luckily it was a private room.

It is fantastic this is finally over Robbo, and I know you will be able to cope very well with the new piece of equipment.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 10th, 2018, 11:11 am

OH my god im so sorry for laughing chrissie hehe...ok i'll stop right now ...

hhahhahaahha
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » June 10th, 2018, 12:18 pm

This applies only to Muricans that have not as yet emigrated to Canada or elsewhere. Apparently there is some discussion leeway permitted within this topic. While the following may APPEAR to have a political sway, it has a more direct alignment and more importantly, a potentially serious consequence to members here [source]:
Donald Trump’s administration is going to try and repeal pre-existing condition insurance coverage guarantees. Are you, a friend or family on this short list of pre-existing conditions that can cause denial or cancelling of health insurance?
How many can you identify with?
list1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » June 10th, 2018, 1:28 pm

good god everyone i know is on this list for ffs
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » June 10th, 2018, 4:04 pm

That's a bogus list since everyone in the country has at least one condition that appears on that list. No politician who wants to be reelected would ever vote for such a thing. Get real!

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » June 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Really? The quote on the "list" includes the source. But I am relieved to know you are issuing your assurances that denying coverage for pre existing conditions is a non starter and couldn't possibly ever happen in today's political environment.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » June 10th, 2018, 8:20 pm

mrag wrote:
June 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Really? The quote on the "list" includes the source. But I am relieved to know you are issuing your assurances that denying coverage for pre existing conditions is a non starter and couldn't possibly ever happen in today's political environment.
Any list that includes Acne as an excuse to not provide health insurance coverage is a farce. I followed the source to a Twitter account and saw nothing believable, no credible sources cited for that list. Like the ads that showed Paul Ryan pushing Grannie and her wheelchair over a cliff, this also is a hyped up bit of theater to help one side believe the other is totally despicable and evil. Truth isn't a requirement for that sort of propaganda.

OTOH, a few minutes with Google showed that list predates the Trump administration by several years:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03501.html

It was used in the 2009 discussion leading up to the creation of the ACA, offered as "evidence" of what insurance companies in California had been discussing privately in 2003. Yet none of the insurance companies admitted that it was their list...

In short, that's list has been bandied about as evidence of evil intent by companies, but it cannot be tracked back to any individuals, any more than the "The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion" can be tracked back to any group of Zionists because it was a hoax created by their enemies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Proto ... rs_of_Zion

Enough is enough! I declare this topic locked. And I invite anyone wanting to talk about problems with insurance to start a new topic. We all can stand to learn from each others ways to deal with insurers, doctors, and bureaucracies.

Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...