Fluid in right ear drum.

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

Fluid in right ear drum.

Post by Leah » April 17th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Hi All.
I went to see my pcp for something different but since Saturday I have had ear pain so she checked it out. I have fluid in and behind the ear drum that’s causing the pain. I have had this before and it went away with Zyrtec but it came back. So now I have to go back on Zyrtec for a month now.
Leah

TruckerRon

Re: Fluid in right ear drum.

Post by TruckerRon » April 23rd, 2018, 12:03 pm

Has the Zyrtec been effective? I've been dealing with a postnasal drip the past few years and nothing OTC has helped with it. I'm seeing my GP today and hope he can suggest something more effective than rinsing the sinuses daily. That helps some, but the drip with the hacking cough keeps coming back.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » April 23rd, 2018, 1:22 pm

Likely unrelated, but... Around Christmas time I developed a cough. It was annoying and deep, but did not produce a lot of 'phlegm.' Almost had to sleep with a cough drop continually in my mouth. Sounded worse than it was. Eventually saw GP who basically advised "live with it, it will go away." It did, but it took like several weeks! During that time and since, I've run across a number of others that had this cough that seems to last forever. Call it bronchitis if you like. I did not take any prescription (or non prescription) drugs for it.

Bottom line, there is a cough that is going around that seem to last a long time. If you feel jamming a garden hose up a nostril in the interim works, good for you.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" S Hawking

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » April 23rd, 2018, 10:22 pm

Leah, I constantly have fluid behind my ear, I find the normal Fluid tabs often move it, but I have lived with this for years. The big problem is if you get an ear infection, then you are more prone to having an infection and as a result a burst eardrum. You have seen the doc, so possibly you will be able to control it this way.

I am dreading this years flu season, last year when I got the 'cough', thank you Ron and Al for reminding me, I ended up with an internal bleed. This year I am entering this season with Plavix and Lasix on board, so am getting a bit paranoid about the slightest cough that I get. The cardiologist calmly told me not to worry, as if I get a brain bleed it will be over very quickly and I won't feel a thing. I am seeing him today, and hopefully he can give me a bit more advice to survive this season without the fear of dropping dead.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

pfargo

Post by pfargo » April 24th, 2018, 12:05 pm

I have always suffered from fluid behind my right ear drum, have had my eardrum burst 2x's, fortunately it doesn't impair my hearing much. I take benadryl tap every night to help keep it drained as much as possible as I was told by my Dr., seems to be working pretty good for me. I said always, sure it hasn't been always but it has been long enough that I can't really remember when it started. LOL Try the Benadryl, works for me.

:)