I'm tired...anybody got any ideas?

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

ROBO Pop

Re: I'm tired...anybody got any ideas?

Post by ROBO Pop » May 13th, 2018, 11:23 am

wen wrote:
May 12th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Ok Robo,
I can’t believe I haven’t been on the site for a while (we moved to the Nashville area 6 months ago and I’ve already had 7 sets of company with an 8th set arriving Friday so I’ve been BUSY!) and you go and fall apart on me!!! I certainly hope your CPAP machine arrives soon! My Dad used to have one and said it worked great. I think my Mom liked it even more. No more listening to snoring and snorting in the middle of the night!

And, oh my goodness! Your painting! I am super impressed! Do you take private orders? Seriously! Nice work!

Glad you are keeping your sense of humor through your whole ordeal. CHF sucks for sure. Hopefully the CPAP will give you some relief if you can tolerate the apparatus!

Hang in there!!
Wendy
thanks Wendy. Yes I do commission paintings all the time
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » May 15th, 2018, 7:49 am

anynews on the cpap machine yet angel..know what i was wondering since your scheduled to get one although theres a delay is it possible to go rent the one you will be getting until the powers that be approve it?
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 15th, 2018, 12:44 pm

mykidsmom wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 7:49 am
anynews on the cpap machine yet angel..know what i was wondering since your scheduled to get one although theres a delay is it possible to go rent the one you will be getting until the powers that be approve it?
Just left the doctors office. My Nurse Practitioner reviewed my sleep test with me in detail. For once I scored high on something and it ain't good. She said they have never seen such a severe case, ever. I thought they were overplaying the results, but One test she said any number higher than 12 is evidence of sleep apnea,I scored 76, depressing. My oxygen level is well below 90% threshold 52% of the night, and worst case was 71%. Oh yeah and she said I had severe snoring, but I insisted that was my wife. At least I can brag I scored high on my medical test, does that make me an MD? She was shocked I haven't gotten the CPAP as yet and is going to give them a kick to get it moving.

Now here's a question for you veterans of Sleep Apnea. She said I should not sleep on my back as that's when my problem is it's worst. So just how do you lay on your side with that awful apparatus strapped to your head?

On a positive note, I'm up 9 pounds since my visit three weeks ago and my lungs are full of fluid as evidence by the gurgling sounds when she listened to my breathing. I failed the divot test. That's where they press a finger into your skin, pull it back and wait to see how long it takes to bounce back. Should be nearly instantaneous, she didn't have time to wait after a prolonged duration. Now I ask you, does this fluid make my butt look bigger?

Good heavens I'm starting to sound like Mykidsmom, well she's not really mykidsmom but you know of whom I speak.

I've got to make it through tomorrow, my 37th anniversary, then Screw it, is it cocktail hour? :bang:
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » May 15th, 2018, 1:00 pm

well im delighted someone is going to kick someones arse over this..taking far too long.. i saw someone using the cpap machine and sleeping on their side.....when daughter #3 was in hospital to give birth to my favorite 5 year old grandson her nutty b/f slept over with me in the room with her...he insisted in having a proper bed moved in cos god boyfriends who say they are 38 and are really fricking 58 cant stay wake all night..so into bed he goes with the gadget..and zonks out and misses the night load of excitement but every time i got a chance to doze off when my daughter was resting id wake up suddenly see him and his machine and almost die of fright...he was not beautiful even aside from the machine....which might have improved his looks a bit anyways...but he was totally on his side..and believe me if he could do this..anyone could. thank god my grandson resembles his nana

when you get the machine do you have a reclining chair you could sleep in to give you a bit of height and prop you up a bit...and lay on your side a bit???

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » May 15th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Robo, that's one of the reasons I recommend the smallest, lightest mask that you can manage... the big, clunky ones are too claustrophobic for me to even consider! As for adapting, once I fell asleep that first night with the CPAP, I was hooked on having deep, restful sleep full of memorable dreams.

I hope you'll have the same experience.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 15th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Thanks Ron, et al. I guess today just really hit me harder than I ever expected. I guess as the doctor said I've fought this battle for a long time and have achieved results no one could ever expect. I'm getting weary and bone tired. Not from lack of sleep, from the never ending skirmishes we all must win to keep going... to what end?

But other than that it's a good day
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » May 16th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Any news on your Cpap ROBO?

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 17th, 2018, 9:55 am

DebW wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 5:44 pm
nothing so far, do you think they're hoping I croak before they have to give me one?
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » May 17th, 2018, 10:09 am

Geez, what a freakin pain! If they wait that long, maybe the mrs. can sue them for some cash! dancee

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » May 17th, 2018, 10:21 am

ROBO Pop wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 9:55 am
DebW wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 5:44 pm
nothing so far, do you think they're hoping I croak before they have to give me one?
That's supposed to happen only with government "death panels" BUT a bureaucracy is a bureaucracy! And I am convinced that bureaucracies, both public and private, will lead to our extinction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Compassionate_Society

That's the description of an episode of "Yes, Minister," a parody of British government snafus and political shenanigans.

If you want to watch it...

TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » May 21st, 2018, 12:47 pm

Still nothing on the CPAP. I figured out the suppliers business name and did my research. Wow I must admit I'm impressed. 2.2 star rating...out of 5. Must be an impressive company. I have a note in to the Cardiologist's portal to figure out who the h* chose them and what we should do, this is ridiculous. Even my putter is not functioning properly
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » May 21st, 2018, 1:17 pm

Very ridiculous!!!! I hope you get some answers from your cardio ROBO

KansasAl

Post by KansasAl » May 21st, 2018, 3:57 pm

I bet if you asked Deb real nice like she would come down, crawl in bed with you at night and give you "mouth to nose" so you could sleep. consolsmile

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » May 23rd, 2018, 7:26 am

K Al do you have a death wish for poor Deb..dont ya know Mrs Robo would probably beat her up with the golf clubs...

I wish theyd get their skates on with this machine for you robo...can you rent these machines till your own is approved.....

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » June 7th, 2018, 9:33 pm

To update those with Medicare and a supplemental insurance such as AARP (United Healthcare) as long as your medical equipment supplier is a medicare approved provider, they don't need approval from Medicare as long as you meet the specified minimum criteria. So if the sleep test resjlts meet medicare's minimum requirements it's automatically approved.
Broken Heart