I'm tired...anybody got any ideas?

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

mykidsmom

Re: I'm tired...anybody got any ideas?

Post by mykidsmom » March 30th, 2018, 6:07 pm

jez hahahahaah im dying laughing here...didnt i walk into that lol..... .i was only suggesting we play cards hahahhaha you guys are dirty minded brats.....i love your paintings robo..so maybe if you visited you could even show me how to paint....(the rec room in the basement hehe) dont mind these other brats us insomniacs have to stay together!
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » March 31st, 2018, 11:53 am

First you want me to spend the night then we discover you are pulling Trucker's "leg" ...quite energetic for a woman with heart disease.

Much to my surprise I heard back from the Radiologist and on Good Friday too. Normally you never hear from the Radiologist they usually contact the prescribing doctor and then he tells you the news, but I actually heard from the lab.

He said, and I quote...Robo I will be in the lab again tomorrow and need to follow up with you. It won't take long, I promise. Would you please bring your golf clubs and drop them off for me? "

Well that and whoever does my eulogy better include that Robo Pop had a big heart, because it says that right in my Radiology report so I have documented evidence.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » March 31st, 2018, 10:28 pm

Oh we knew you had a 'big heart' already Robbo. Glad they are taking care of you, but don't particularly like it when you get that unexpected call.

As usual, you paintings are brilliant and so full of character. I can only admire you for it, and the watercolours look fantastic. I don't think you could do them as well in oil, they really look great. You have caught the character of your subjects in all of them, why change them. Anyway, oil is just so messy and the watercolours really show your skill. In my opinion anyone can paint in oil, but very few can achieve what you do with watercolours. Also you don't need the stinking Turps to clean up.

You are so right about the cost of frames, that is the problem with painting. Over here, even at art shows, the majority are done on thick sided canvas. They seem to be very acceptable and you only have to pay for the canvas. If the buyer wants to frame them, then so be it. But with watercolours, you of course have to frame them, and that adds a lot more to the cost.

Hope you are feeling better and getting relief. Life sucks when we get these things, I just want a few months of no issues. I don't think I could cope if something wasn't wrong, but a few months of feeling good would be so welcome.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » April 1st, 2018, 10:25 am

you know what they say robo..."the devil looks after his own" your going to be around long enough to collect all the golf clubs...i dont have any..could i send you knitting needles instead?? mind you i dont have any of these either but id be prepared to buy some.

My monitor for the ICD is in the kitchen...but for past 3 months ive been the mole in the basement...so they havent been able to get a reading...they keep calling to check im still breathing and getting quite pissed off i wont go visit the clinic..Ive been doing things in priorities and being honest letting them see my face and run heart tests was low to last on my list recently.. and now im saving my last bita energy to help you with the paintings.... lmao4dx

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » April 4th, 2018, 7:32 pm

So just to bring closure to this thread, I officially spoke to my Cardio today. They concluded my congestive heart failure is deteriorating further and I need to consider seriously who gets the golf clubs...all bribes and favors considered
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » April 4th, 2018, 8:31 pm

I am sad to hear that ROBO. Is there anything that can be done? You keep us laughing on here and need to keep doing that!!! Sending big hugs your way!
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

Leah

Post by Leah » April 4th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Robo- are you going on the heart transplant list?

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » April 4th, 2018, 8:57 pm

I don't play golf, but I am willing to have one, a BIG one to have by the front door, that would be my Robbo Protector. If you have a brightly coloured, or pink one that would be perfect.

Seriously though, sad news. Just take it easy my friend, I think we all know that there is a gradual downward progression of this crappy disease, look how long you have kept going after initial diagnosis. As long as you are doing your own thing, giving us a hard time on here, painting and annoying your poor wife, life is good. As you said earlier, your docs are amazed you are still around, mine are too, my cardiologist said to me he is amazed we have kept me around this long. If only they knew, we are the fighting force in this game, ok they have the medical expertise, but we all know it is our will to keep going and to buck the system that keeps us here.

:::) :::) :::)

Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,

Melissa

Post by Melissa » April 5th, 2018, 10:49 am

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know you have chosen to not undergo any further treatment, but is there anything they can do to make the symptoms more bearable? You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Melissa - dx cardiomyopathy in 2004 due to childhood chemotherapy; Boston Scientific CRT-D implanted 8/10, meds: Toprol XL 100mg/day, aldactone 25mg/day. Second ICD implanted 3/18, also Boston Scientific CRT-D

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » April 5th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Leah ~ My family and I decided a couple years ago a transplant was not the right path for me.

Guys ~ As the late Freckles1880 said, please no pity, just support. (I'd prefer the support in cash payments.) Seriously, stop burying me, as Chrissy said I've defied the odds for a long time and not in a rush to stop. Besides, keeping TruckerRon employed as an ICD Bouncer is a community service. Look at him, he could use some work. I'm comfortable with the path we've chosen and will continue forward until I get an official recall letter from my manufacturer.

I have a Cardiologist appointment on the 17th and we will discuss whether any changes in care will help. I suspect the quality of care will be highly dependent on how impressed they are, or not, with the portraits I did of them...art critics can be real tough, ask Chrissy

Don't forget Tiger made a comeback, could happen with me too... golf2
Broken Heart

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » April 5th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Robo im sorry to hear you got this fecking godawful news....but my take on it is..i hold the record here i think for "almost" deaths...and i firmly believe...the devil looks after his own.....soooo...yer going to be around for a long time....I really hope you put your heart and soul into these paintings if your depending on them to dictate the level of treatment you get....but im sure there are treatments or changes you can make.....and if this is a ruse to get us all mailing our golf clubs forget it....

hows the cactus bum?

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » April 5th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Oh yes, I forgot to ask about the Cactus Bum also. How is it Robbo, we need an update. Oh I would expect your care to jump to Rolls Royce or Royalty after you give them those paintings. They are brilliant, and so personal. If they stop charging you I would not be surprised at all.

lmao4dx lmao4dx lmao4dx lmao4dx

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » April 6th, 2018, 3:58 pm

so besides this dim prediction did the blasted dr suggest anything of any help to you to relieve the symptoms???? quin said sleep sitting up and shes right....do you have one of those recliner chairs???? we bought two recently cos of the amount of time ive been spending sleeping sitting up or not sleeping but sitting up....first thing daughter #3 said when she saw them was...oh you bought granny chairs.....ffs..

and i forgot to say...your paintings are amazing.....well done..as someone with absolutely no talent for anything i recognize talent when i see it........did the dr like them?????

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » April 14th, 2018, 2:28 pm

I see the Cardiologist on Tuesday and was planning to give them the paintings then, but as my wife pointed out, that may not be a good idea. An artists work increases in value after death. My medical team would have even less incentive to keep me alive once they have the artworks.

My family is chafing at the bit for my appointment as the problem isn't improving. While only a guess at this point I believe they will prescribe oxygen therapy. I'll let you know if the golf club collection is up for grabs. Nice complete set of king Cobras with steel shafts and matching Cobra bag.
Broken Heart

DebW

Post by DebW » April 14th, 2018, 4:03 pm

ROBO, you are too funny!!!! They will love your artwork, there is no doubt. I wish you good luck on Tuesday! Be good till then =)