o/t wheres Jim & sparkey

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: freckles1880, Suzanne, ~guin, Eric, Moderators

mykidsmom

o/t wheres Jim & sparkey

Post by mykidsmom » December 1st, 2017, 12:33 pm

My old pal Jim & his sidekick sparkey have been MIA for a while....anyone know how hes doing or where he is....if ya see this jim...just say hi quickly....I have this vision you won the big lotto prize and took off for places unknown in the sun.........

:big-hug:
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

freckles1880

Re: o/t wheres Jim & sparkey

Post by freckles1880 » December 1st, 2017, 4:34 pm

Why not PM him?

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 1st, 2017, 4:42 pm

never thought of this hahhaaa..thanks frecks.

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 1st, 2017, 5:26 pm

mykidsmom wrote:
December 1st, 2017, 4:42 pm
never thought of this hahhaaa..thanks frecks.
clearly you 2 are close.

Rumor has it Jim, Sparky, and Mrag are having a menage...
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 3rd, 2017, 12:28 am

brat.......i sent him a pm yesterday....maybe hes out on the streets protesting

Jim and Sparky

Post by Jim and Sparky » December 4th, 2017, 9:05 am

Hi everybody! I never seemed to receive that PM, but no worries, doing okay here (mostly).

I actually had surgery last Friday and recovering over the weekend. Always good to remember how much I hate juggling pain pills but have weaned myself off the hard stuff.

Surgery was not heart related, did a hernia repair and a prostate biopsy. Didn’t even stay overnight.

I still lurk around this site, stop by most every day for a visit, just don’t post a lot.

Take Care all!
MI 1/21/11; SCA's 2/3/11 and 2/4/11
I have a Boston Scientific Teligen ICD and a Boston Scientific Promus stent,
I guess my cardiologist is sort of a BS kind of guy.

Two rules to live by:
1) Don't sweat the small stuff!
2) It's all small stuff!

My Intro is on this page: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 917#p74917

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » December 4th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Happy to hear from you. Just heal well and keep in touch. :sick030:

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 5th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Hey Jim....happy to see you posting and know all is ok....well besides the surgery stuff..miss seeing you and sparkey around...wonder what happened to that email...its probably my fault i had an issue sending pms more to do with being brain dead than anything else..but i;ll send you another one just to check..

Hugs Helen

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » December 7th, 2017, 10:02 am

Just thinking about anybody rooting around in there makes me cringe. I mean poop is tapered so your butt doesn't slam shut, I can't imagine what happens when the Doctor pulls his head out...the patient's eyes probably roll around and your teeth chatter. Hope you are doing better.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Jim and Sparky

Post by Jim and Sparky » December 10th, 2017, 8:02 pm

A New Challenge

I’m still a little sore from the hernia surgery, but it went well, no complications. The other reason for the recent hospital visit was for a prostate biopsy, and there the result is a little different.

Out of the 12 prostate samples taken, 6 showed active cancer cells so there isn’t much doubt about the diagnosis. Next steps? More tests, CT snd bone scans. Lots of possible treatment options.

One thing for sure, the doctors want to act quickly, which is a bit scary. But then again, I know that a lot of men get prostate cancer later in life but not all will die from it because it frequently grows so slowly.

Lots of decisions to be made in the next few weeks. The news is a little worse than expected but nowhere near as bad as it could be. I’m worried but also confident. After all I died, or at least nearly died almost 7 years ago. Apparently I can survive lots of challenges.

Two rules to live by:
2) It's all small stuff!

My Intro is on this page: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 917#p74917

mrag
Location: The Former Mushroom Capital of World when America was great

Post by mrag » December 10th, 2017, 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear about the prostate, but as you've intimated, if you're a male and you're around long enough you'll get prostate cancer. Can you share why the biopsy in the first place?

My 68 year old GP had prostate a few years ago. In his case, he was quite adamant about having "DaVinci do the surgery?" (I believe DaVinci is robotic surgery) Don't know if he knew something we don't or if things have changed since then. Can report that he survived which you might consider positive news. My room mate from college also had prostate surgery and that was about 8 years ago and damn he's still alive too so you got that going for you.

Hey and the hernia worked out, so in a sense you're batting 500....Al
Despite repeated requests, my avatar was not painted by ROBO

Jim and Sparky

Post by Jim and Sparky » December 11th, 2017, 11:45 am

Mrag,
I had a previous biopsy done 5 years ago. My PSA number was about 14 then. Supposed normal range is 0-4 for the PSA test. After nothing was found we quit testing, maybe not the wisest decision, but also knew that the PSA test was not always a reliable indicator of cancer. Went ahead and did another test this year along with my normal annual blood tests. My PSA number was in the 50s. I wasn't real alarmed, but the doctors weren't impressed and because the number had changed so much, decision was made for another biopsy.

Two rules to live by:
2) It's all small stuff!

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » December 11th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Jim, what a time you have had. My Dad had prostate cancer for years, no procedures and he did not die of it. The Doctors left him alone as they felt his heart would take him before the cancer did. They were correct. I also have a Cousin/Brother who is going through the same as you at the moment too. He is 71, and also facing the decision of what to do with the diagnosis. On the other hand I have a BIL who had his surgery and radiation at 55, and now at 75 is still going strong, however I think he needs the help of the little blue pill once a year. wavhi

It is a complex disease and I will be thinking of you as you go through the process and come to your decision.

:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.