O/T the luck of the Irish

2017 Forum topics and posts

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin, Moderators

mykidsmom

O/T the luck of the Irish

Post by mykidsmom » November 28th, 2017, 9:47 am

Well youve probably heard this supposed luck of the Irish mentioned....let me tell you straight up...it doesnt exist..or if it does ..its on a long extended visit somewhere other than canada....I havent had any in years..

so heres my week.....the lupus is having a party....latest is...kidneys are fine..but foot is a huge issue..the lupus lesions on it cracked...and now its got a septic infection....I'll take the sepsis though over the Necrosis which they thought it was last night which i spent in emerg..

Daughter number #1 fell out of bed a week ago and broke her clavicle .....which following a visit to the cast clinic has now been deemed to require surgery...which shes having this afternoon..

On sunday daughter #2 slipped in the shower and broke her elbow...shes due to the cast clinic tomorrow and they hope she wont need surgery too.

Willie back at the ranch has gone way beyond even the thought he might have a breakdown...hes having it..

as soon as i get time to hop outside im heading to rent a bloomin wheel chair..

is it just me?? did i do something really awful in my last life and is this payback time????

luck of the irish..my eyeballs.
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

DebW

Re: O/T the luck of the Irish

Post by DebW » November 28th, 2017, 10:33 am

Oh my goodness!!! How terrible, I can't even imagine what you are going through. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. The saying is....bad luck comes in three's, here's to hoping that is all for you. Big, big hugs!
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » November 28th, 2017, 12:08 pm

thanks Deb....i think my drama is coming in dozens lol......people are now scared to visit us lol......i think though who i feel most sorry for is willie..hes running around like a blue arsed fly not knowing which end is up.....if he gets sick..well i dont even want to think about it.......

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » November 28th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Reading of your recent adventures, I'm reminded of Ole and Lena:

On his deathbed, Ole confided in Lena:

Well darling, you've always been with me, on life's long bumpy ride. Through sickness, hair loss, bankruptcy you've been here by my side. My heart attack and the house burning down that night the lightning struck and liver cancer...

...and now suddenly I'm starting to think you're bad luck !
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 3rd, 2017, 12:24 am

roflmao ron....when willie and i planned on marrying..my mother was pretty upset...not because she didnt like willie, she did..but because of an old irish saying..

To change the name but not the letter...is for the worst and not the better....(both our surnames started with B lol..)

I often wonder if she was right....but then again my sister did exactly the same and her and hubby seems to have ok luck..
maybe when god was giving out luck..i was in the lineup for long eyelashes instead lol..

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » December 6th, 2017, 1:08 pm

just add....shingles.... ive no other word.

DebW

Post by DebW » December 6th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Oh noooooooo!!!! Not fair
:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: