OT-Update on Freckles

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

freckles1880

Re: OT-Update on Freckles

Post by freckles1880 » October 17th, 2017, 10:42 am

Well moving upstairs is going slow. When you go from a family room 24 X 12 plus a den 12X12 into a 11 X12 room plus limited space in my Wardens den it is hard. Had to buy a new recliner to be delivered today via my son in law. I can sleep in it if necessary. The bed from my new den goes downstairs Saturday. Then we figure how to hook up the computer with the upstairs TV. My main computer runs much of our TV watching.

Next is seeing what I need to buy or what hospice will provide for the bath tub. I am a shower person and take that downstairs now.

Today is also one of my not feeling good days. So I am trying to rest as much as possible. Can't put a pin on what is making me feel like this today unless it was coughing a lot last night. The meds don't always work it seems.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my daughters.

Leah

Post by Leah » October 17th, 2017, 11:03 am

So sorry today is not a good day for you but hope you have good days ahead of you.
Leah

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 17th, 2017, 11:30 am

freckles1880 wrote:Well moving upstairs is going slow. When you go from a family room 24 X 12 plus a den 12X12 into a 11 X12 room plus limited space in my Wardens den it is hard. Had to buy a new recliner to be delivered today via my son in law. I can sleep in it if necessary. The bed from my new den goes downstairs Saturday. Then we figure how to hook up the computer with the upstairs TV. My main computer runs much of our TV watching.

Next is seeing what I need to buy or what hospice will provide for the bath tub. I am a shower person and take that downstairs now.

Today is also one of my not feeling good days. So I am trying to rest as much as possible. Can't put a pin on what is making me feel like this today unless it was coughing a lot last night. The meds don't always work it seems.

wavhi
Bob i think stacey had an excellent suggestion there....Run a training school with the warden...mind you it could end up in divorce lol....
regarding the equipment...i had to rent equipment in june when this flare from hell started..i rented a walker, bathchair and a few other items..and just last week decided to rent a wheel chair, bought a walking stick...the stuff is easy to rent and not very expensive...but with the government help here its actually cheaper to buy than rent cos they subsidize much of the costs..Im sure the hospice crew would know

Regarding the pain issue....I think we talked about cannabis oil before....so i know its legal in your area.....id try some......it deffo works on pain...it works better than any pain relief stuff ive ever had....and if you time it right....you can sleep thro the hour of any high you might get...talk to the hospice crew about this too....i think anything is handleable except blooming pain when it can be relieved.....all the best angel.....I know the peanut gallery crew would say im high all the time.....BUT im not hahaha...and now my body has adjusted to it..i only have to use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week....the pain relief lasts .....
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Leah

Post by Leah » October 18th, 2017, 4:49 pm

How are you feeling today Bob? I hope your having a good day !

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 18th, 2017, 6:11 pm

Me too freckles......hugs.

dick

Post by dick » October 18th, 2017, 6:27 pm

I have a 70 year old friend who served in the military for a brief period. Supposedly, the VA recently paid for one of those stair lift chairs to be installed in the house he rents. That may help.

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » October 18th, 2017, 6:36 pm

dick wrote:I have a 70 year old friend who served in the military for a brief period. Supposedly, the VA recently paid for one of those stair lift chairs to be installed in the house he rents. That may help.
Thanks. My stairway is not big enough for one and my prognosis says I would not be able to use one very long. Terminal is not good.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

slk123

Post by slk123 » October 18th, 2017, 7:41 pm

You could always try singing like Cinderella and the little creatures might come running and help you in all the ways you need like they helped Cinderella....just a thought ;-)
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 18th, 2017, 10:19 pm

i think your moving to the most convenient level in the house is the best idea...have you gotten sorted out yet?? i dont trust these chair lift things on stairs anyways....hugs

Heartbroke

Post by Heartbroke » October 19th, 2017, 11:54 am

Thank you Bob you are a great friend someday you will be back with your family where nothing can cause us pain and suffering like we see on this earth. wavhi

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » November 4th, 2017, 12:28 pm

Well it’s been a few days since my last report. Much of the last week was spent on researching the problems we were having on this site. The host updated their software to meet today’s requirements and they were not compatible with our software. The hardest part was finding out if we could fix the old software or needed to upgrade. After several contacts we found that we could either go down (off line for ever) or update to the current level of our software. It took a while for me to find someone who would upgrade at a reasonable price and knew what they were doing. ~guin and I discussed it and we approved the upgrade. Mark was somewhat behind and I had not completed any. I did fix the site the last time an update to the host was completed. Once we approved someone he completed it within the day.

Thank you David IQ computer repair.

Now me; I have been very tired and found that with the above research I was only good for part of an hour at a time. I have issues with concentrating and being able to keep a clear mind.

The move is pretty much complete, I have a TV, wonderful recliner, my computer is near me and the room looks good for being just one room.
My nights don’t go real well as my lungs fill pretty fast and I need to sit up more, thus the recliner, the wedge on the bed does help some.

The nurses won’t say much except things are progressing. They do hear the lungs make their water filled sounds at times. I noted in one of Robo’s posts that my weight goes up and down 10-15 pounds in just 5 days. The nurses say that is not that unusual.

I went for a ride with my warden this morning and we had to park in the street. By the time I got to my door I was gasping for oxygen. So It looks like I will need to start carrying one of the tanks when we go out.

wavhi
Bob

Leah

Post by Leah » November 4th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Bob,
I’m so sorry your going through this. Life sometimes is not fair. Did you and Guin have to pay for the site to be updated?

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » November 4th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Leah wrote:
November 4th, 2017, 3:57 pm
I’m so sorry your going through this. Life sometimes is not fair. Did you and Guin have to pay for the site to be updated?
We have shared expenses for the site. wavhi
Bob

DebW

Post by DebW » November 4th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Thinking and sending prayers your way Bob.
You are always on my mind! Come to think of if, that is a song. hehe
hearthands hearthands hearthands hearthands

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » November 6th, 2017, 10:01 am

your new digs sound really good, Mrag and I will be by later today to test them out, after all you said you were moving into Hospitality ...should we bring our own bottle?

Glad you are hanging tough
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375