OT-Update on Freckles

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Leah

Re: OT-Update on Freckles

Post by Leah » October 10th, 2017, 12:31 pm

That’s great news bob!

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 10th, 2017, 1:01 pm

that disturbance with the alarm must have been exhausting.....i hope your catching up on your rest now today and less tired and today is a great day for you...... Freckles i cant believe you have snow for heaven sakes lol.....its still summer....!!!!!!
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

Leah

Post by Leah » October 10th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Nope not here. It’s officially fall.
Leah

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » October 12th, 2017, 10:02 am

Well another couple of days have gone by and I do have a little news.
First of all I now know that I really do need the oxygen especially at night. The oxygen machine had a malfunction Tuesday night and I kept trying to get more oxygen by breathing faster and deeper. Last night was great as all parts worked well.
The Hospice nurse was in yesterday and said that the lower parts of my lungs are filling and they are not able to do their job. I get dizzy now even when sitting and not being active. Chest pains have been determined to be from the cancer not the heart. So now I have to get the family to start moving my PC, recliner and a TV upstairs and give up my downstairs roost. That will take a few days to get completed.

Odd part is that I feel pretty good today so tell myself I still have some good times left.

Today is working on a report to make it easier for my warden to access the locations of some more files and how to use them.

heart rose
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 53+ years and my eldest daughter.

Leah

Post by Leah » October 12th, 2017, 11:58 am

Glad your having a good day today.
Leah

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 12th, 2017, 1:18 pm

so happy your feeling good today frecks...and know what.....good call to get things moved to one level so you dont have to do stairs....weve 3 levels in this house plus basement....and in the past couple of weeks ive had to do that too..i perched in the level with the easiest access to the bathroom...just yesterday i was able to move down to another level.. lol....glad too you got the oxygen machine fixed..love ya......

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » October 12th, 2017, 2:14 pm

I'm happy to hear that today is a better day for you, Bob :big-hug:
~ Suzanne ~

St Jude ICD and Lead Implanted Feb.20/09
8 Shock Storm March 21/09
Lead Dislodged, so Replaced with Medtronic Lead June 16/09
ICD and Lead Explanted Nov.23/09
Medtronic Reveal XT (Cardiac Monitor) Implanted Jan.25/10...explanted and new one reinserted on July 21/11

Cardiac Monitor explanted Sept.9/14

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » October 12th, 2017, 5:42 pm

I am so glad you are having a good day today, there is nothing like having your roost in place. I am sure they are doing everything to keep you comfortable, and I pray today is just the first of more good days.

hearthands hearthands hearthands You are in his hands, but we are also with you. There are a lot of hands thinking of you and with you our darling Bob.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 14th, 2017, 8:37 am

Hope alls well with you today frecks....and you managed to get all your gear moved to the new spot....hugs..

InSync

Post by InSync » October 15th, 2017, 6:25 pm

I'm happy you have been able to do things on your terms. You are an inspiration. I hope you are getting settled in your new roost.

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
Dilated Cardiomyopathy, LBBB, CHF
St. Jude CRT-D 5/12
The beat goes on.....

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » October 16th, 2017, 10:16 am

freckles1880 wrote: Odd part is that I feel pretty good today so tell myself I still have some good times left.

Today is working on a report to make it easier for my warden to access the locations of some more files and how to use them.
so don't waste them writing detailed reports on how to...enjoy yourself. Besides it'll give your bride something to focus on after you are gone.

Glad to hear you're having some good days. Enjoy every minute

My family back east calls nearly every week-end. the only time they call is to tell me who passed away. Yesterday it was my sister's mother-in-law, leaves me and my brother-in-law as the elder statesmen of the clans. Maybe I should block their calls.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » October 16th, 2017, 11:41 am

well maybe i shouldnt inject humour here...but your family sounds like my bloomin Mother in law Robo... she couldnt keep a secret to save her life...and everything in her life was a secret...so you can imagine...i had the heart issues so her whole plan was to protect me from stress..but inflict it in different ways.....so id always know when she had something going on or being hidden..i could see the signs.....

the worst was after my first cardiac arrest and the birth of my daughter louise, im laying in the hospital bed and in comes dolly dancing and happy...pulls out a chair.....trys to push my oxygen tank a bit further back behind the bed so she can move in closer.......lights her cigarette gets a few decent long drags of it...and starts...how are you feeling now....baby is really lovely.....tiny mind you...mine were never that small.....but shes lovely.......so now did you miss Mary thro your pregnancy? cos she died 5 months ago i wouldnt let anyone tell you about her in case you miscarried again like you usually do......oh and......so and so and so and so died too...and so and so had a huge accident shes in traction for months..i couldnt have you hearing about that either......and i kid you not she told me about 7 horrid deaths that happened in the last 5 months of my pregnancy and all the other horrific incidents shed hidden.....i asked her for a smoke.......

next pregnancy was pretty much the same.....BUT when i had my son here in canada.......omg i missed her lol.. seriously

slk123

Post by slk123 » October 16th, 2017, 8:27 pm

freckles1880 wrote:....Today is working on a report to make it easier for my warden to access the locations of some more files and how to use them.
Sounds to me like your lovely bride won't have time to miss you after you're gone. She'll be so busy trying to figure out the finances through your reports. Poor thing! :runaway:

Not that you asked for any, but I'd suggest letting her take them over now and finding her own way to do it all. Then you can sit back and watch how she handles it all....and answer the questions she may have....and get some peace knowing she'll be ok. Who knows, maybe you'll both get a kick out of switching roles. wavhi

I pray everything goes smoothly for you and your family. thanks for all you have done for us. Your legacy will last a long time.
hearthands :big-hug:
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

Grammaram

Post by Grammaram » October 17th, 2017, 8:22 am

I’ve been following your posts; thank you for including us in your journey - one we will all take at some point, in our own unique way. Thinking of you and your family at this time, dear friend. Peace and blessings. angelwatch

Margaret wavhi
Congenital Heart Disease - Tetralogy of Fallot - repaired Sept. 1966
Medtronic Evera S DR Implanted May 22,2014

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » October 17th, 2017, 8:27 am

I agree with Grammaram, thank you for including us in your life and journeys. Thinking of you.
Joanne (aka Jo)