New News

Posts from Jan. 1, 2018 to the present. Plus important announcements. (ICD warning sounds)

Moderator: Moderators

Ozchrissy

New News

Post by Ozchrissy » January 10th, 2019, 6:19 pm

I finnally know what is going on with me l have cancer at the junction of my stomach and small intestine. It is terminal about 3 months. I had a stent put in yesterday but am only able to have fluids so am on Nestle resource for the duration.

The reality has hit home, no hypothetical any more so having the tears on and off today, but am well supported by everyone. Helen and Willie are there and especially for Lauren, cant express how much Lauren brightens up when chatting to Helen. Loove you wise Irish Canadian.

Off to dri k my exciting stuvff,, i have black tea Resourse, apple juice, and laxative lined up so better get drinking.

dancehearts dancehearts
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

ROBO Pop

Re: New News

Post by ROBO Pop » January 10th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Chrissy I am deeply saddened by your news today, I/we had been hoping for positive news about you. Nobody has ever survived life but it's unfair when someone like you is hit with challenge after challenge and in spite of all you've been through still gives hope and encouragement to others.

I feel honored to know you and be allowed to count you as a friend. This support group is better thanks to your participation.

I can't be here as often as I'd like, but rest assured I'll drop in as often as possible to check on you. Take care my friend
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

Leedur

Post by Leedur » January 10th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news Chrissy. I also consider you as a friend and I always look forward to your posts. Have thought a lot lately about dying but it's mostly when I wake up during the night.....start thinking the worst, feel doom and gloom. After waking when it's time to get up and the first cup of coffee in the morning that feeling fades away. I don't know if it's some of the medications, life circumstances or just natural to feel this way. Will be praying for you.

Ozchrissy

Post by Ozchrissy » January 10th, 2019, 11:30 pm

Thanks guys i am much better in myself this afternoon,. A happy pill helped and a good cry. Had a day to myself and it has worked. Everyone underdstood.

I intend to give it my best shot i have had dire ppredictiions before.

One thing i dont like will be missing out on the gossip and news.
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Carl Jung

Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in 10/99
LBBB & VT diagnosed Feb 06
Guidant Biventricular Pacer ICD inserted Feb 06: Boston Scientific Incepta CRT-D inserted May, 2012
Oesophageal Cancer, 2012, Gall Bladder & Septicemia 2014 resulting in VFib and severe heart damage
Bare Metal Stent May, 2012 Mitral Valve replaced 2015
Meds: Entresto, Bicard, Coralan, Eurtorxsiq, Frusehexl, Spiractin, Sigmaxin, Creon, Warfarin,
Appropriate Shocks for Ventricular VFib.

Stella Blue

Post by Stella Blue » January 11th, 2019, 2:46 am

You are a part of all of our lives, Chrissie. I've always liked the fact that you are over here in my half of the world, so it's always possible there'll be a message from you if I pop in in the middle of the afternoon in Tokyo. You've taught me a lot, including that it's OK to feel low so long as you're also ready to pull yourself up again, and it's amazing to see that you've done exactly that over the course of the day even today. I think I'm just going to be optimistic and assume you're going to pull off another miracle, but whatever happens, I'm sure you know everyone on this board will be pulling with you.

Stella

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » January 11th, 2019, 8:11 am

Chrissie....Huge huge hugs.....None of us wanted this news for you....nor for you to have to deal with this......my first reaction was total absolute anger..but then i talked to you....and you made me feel better for god sakes..you even looked better than you did around the christmas time..If i had to put money on it.......Id bet nothing on the cancer that has to go up against you...and we here are all testament to miracles they do happen.......My dad drummed into me growing up......Never settle....deal with the shit that happens...but never settle....and this is how youve always dealt with the knocks and bangs you got from life in the time weve been friends..you have amazing strength and you have always used it purposefully...and you have talent...look at how you painted yourself thro your last run in with the cancer... .......I love you very much.....I will always be here for you and Lauren
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

luvmydogs

Post by luvmydogs » January 11th, 2019, 8:17 am

Chrissy, I'm sorry to hear the news but know that we are all pulling for you. Cancer sucks, no easy way around it. Keep positive and we'll be sending good thoughts your way.
Joanne (aka Jo)

ricatlga

Post by ricatlga » January 11th, 2019, 9:55 am

Dear Chrissy,
I'm so sorry to hear that cancer has come back again. But frankly, you are one of the best survivors I've ever known and believe you will once again prove the doctors wrong in all of their estimates. Your indomitable spirit always cheers me up, even when I want to have my own pity party. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Love,
Raymund
Raymund
Replaced ICD 8/30/18 with Medtronic Visia AF SureScan MRI ICD
Ablation May 2012 - Sotalol discontinued in September
VF unknown cause 1/19/2010, Medtronic Secura-VR 1-22-10
Mitral valve repair Dec 2007

Colin Pearson

Post by Colin Pearson » January 11th, 2019, 11:57 am

Chrissy,

:hugg:

You have helped me so much along the years.

And you will always be my internet Mum!

slk123

Post by slk123 » January 11th, 2019, 1:20 pm

I’m sorry you got this bad news but at least you’re not wondering what’s going on any longer. You have been one of several people who have helped me through the tough times and taught me it’s ok to feel the way I do. It’s strong woman like you who help the world to be a better place. I am proud to call you friend and will continue to pray for you and Lauren. My children also feel like they’ve come to know you and wish the best for you.

dancehearts
:big-hug:
Best wishes,
Stacey

CHF Jan 2016
ICD Nov 2014
LBBB Nov 2014
Sudden cardiac arrest Nov 2014
Arrhythmia Aug 1982

ROBO Pop

Post by ROBO Pop » January 11th, 2019, 10:34 pm

Okay woman, pull it together, we ain't letting you out of the band so easily, So suck it up and get your scrawny ass back here where you are needed. We got newbies in need of mothering, and although a lot of members call me a mother, I can't measure up to you.

Additionally, I expect you to do a painting for everyone here to enjoy. The subject is ...our beloved OzChrissy. I want to see a beautiful painting of you sitting on that park bench basking in the beauty of your beloved lake... no excuses. You have the talent so get busy and paint.

I'm absolutely serious, you ain't abandoning me now.
Broken Heart
Nobody has ever survived life, but I'm trying...
My story and sticking to it
http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 97&p=91375

codman59

Post by codman59 » January 12th, 2019, 9:02 am

I've been really taken aback by this news, and haven't known how to reply. But you've beat the odds and proved them wrong so many times now... let's work up the desire to do it again. Hang in there Chrissy; my thoughts are with you.
Cardiomyapathy (reason unknown; suspect viral infection 1998), chf, gout, diabetes, asthma, bad hair.
Medtronics Virtuoso VR implanted Aug 28/08, single lead.

"The generation that would change the world is still looking for its car keys" - "The Rainmakers"

Craig

mykidsmom

Post by mykidsmom » January 13th, 2019, 8:06 am

I think the replies on this thread are a total testament to how much faith we have in you Chrissie.....theres not a doubt in anyones head but that your going to give this the biggest and best shot you can...weve seen you wade thro and over huge rocks in all the years weve known you....and we know you have your rock boots on ready to go....we will be here for you even in the hard days.....you have your cheering team...... :big-hug: :big-hug:
I think.....Therefore I am.!!!!!

TruckerRon

Post by TruckerRon » January 13th, 2019, 12:23 pm

So much for sitting down to just catch up on what's happening over a very busy weekend...

Chrissy, if I could be in Oz...
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug:

You've worked yourself into the hearts of so many of us who'll never meet you in this world... You've been a mother to some, an angel to many, and a friend to all. I'll be among those praying for you to find a miracle if possible, and to have peace and be comforted if it's not to be. Either way, I am certain you'll make this next chapter of your life a memorable read.
TruckerRon -- Received Minion I on 17 Sep 2009, Minion II on 26 Jan 2015

Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy
Medtronic Viva XT CRT-D
No shocks yet...
My intro is at: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 099#p57099

DebW

Post by DebW » January 13th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Chrissy, if you can believe it, I agree with ROBO!! You can't leave us, you have helped this sight so much.
Much love and big hugs to you my friend!!!
:big-hug: :big-hug: :big-hug: