Our first meeting :)

San Diego, California
reneemj

Our first meeting :)

Post by reneemj » October 17th, 2009, 6:27 pm

SDICDgroup.jpg
Our first San Diego Support Meeting! There were 5 of us and it was so great to meet all of you! Sorry you're not in the picture Nobby (he had to leave early for work).

Looking forward to our next meeting in December!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renee

~guin

Re: Our first meeting :)

Post by ~guin » October 17th, 2009, 7:02 pm

Oh so fun!!! You are creating history with this first photo! You will grow and look back on this and think 'remember when'....

I am exhausted. I have seen so many ICD patients in two days now. I have heard Dr. Sam Sears speak two times in 24 hours and had several discussions with him. He visits our Forum here often and our Bay Area ICD User group website. He is very impressed in what all of us are accomplishing with ICD Support. He has even sited our website in some of his papers.

You will have an opportunity to hear Dr Sears speak next year... We are planning to move forward with a Conference centered around a weekend in October that he will be here. I know we will see many from the San Diego area!!!!

Glad you all had a great day and thanks for posting the photo!!!!
~guinImage :hrt :hrt :hrt :hrt :hrt
http://icdusergroup.org
Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Sub Pectoral ICD Implant 9/1999
Medtronic Dual Chamber Evera XT DR
Replaced: 3/2000, 3/2006 & 9/2013

'Folks can be as happy as they make up their minds to be.' - Abraham Lincoln

freckles1880

Post by freckles1880 » October 17th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Great to see your picture.
I note that the salt shaker was still in it's spot and looked full. No booze on the table. All smiles. Looking good.

I hope to be able to meet some of our group someday.
My local support group is through the St Anthony's Hospital here and I'm not sure many are members here. Although they gave me this site address.
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.

LisaAye

Post by LisaAye » October 17th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Well I really enjoyed our first meeting!! I'm looking foward to the next meeting. And also hopefully we can all make the conference that guin is talking about next year!! Also to see how our group will grow in the near future.

LisaAye

Elizabeth Martineau

Post by Elizabeth Martineau » October 18th, 2009, 6:38 am

I must say that there is something about ICD ladies, they are all beautiful, did you notice?
How neat that you could all get together!

nobby

Post by nobby » October 18th, 2009, 12:31 pm

It was really a pleasure to meet you all. I enjoyed the company of all the beautiful ladies... :D Sorry I could not stay long. Renee, that is okay I am not in the picture. I like to take pictures but being in them is not my favorite but nice you got the first meeting captured on film..er, I mean pixels... :)

The photo shoot went well but it sure was a long day and it was HOT up there. I will post on Facebook when the photos are done, Celine or anyone if you want to add me on Facebook just search Nobby Coburn and I am pretty sure I am the only one but just incase I am in San Diego also...

Dori, good luck on your surgery and if you have any questions at all feel free to ask. Linda, you will get used to your ICD but it takes time.

I look forward to the next meeting and hope to be able to be there the entire time. That food sure smelled good but I didn't expect them to bring it so fast...

Nobby

showmanceline

Post by showmanceline » October 27th, 2009, 12:41 am

It was sooo great to meet everyone! Can't wait for our next meeting!!!
Celine Showman
Vista, California

33 years old at time of SCD. Sudden Cardiac Death 12/14/07, cause unknown - some speculate stress, viral infection...I dunno! Just thankful to be alive!

Guidant ICD Impant 12/24/07