upcoming appointment

This is a forum for parents and kids with ICDs. Discuss issues unique to parents and kids, or just hang out with some newfound friends!

Moderator: Momof2HeartKids

cocoalab

upcoming appointment

Post by cocoalab » October 7th, 2006, 1:37 pm

This Friday Andrew has his next cardiology check up. He was looking really good last check back in April and I am hoping for more of the same this time. He will have an echo, EKG, and interrigation this time I believe.

He is doing well heart wise but has been catching everything so has been sick quite a bit. His migraines have gotten a little worse and I am taking him to a nuerologist to look into starting him on something to lessen them. That unfortunately won't be until February but we have been dealing with them since he was five so whats a few more months?

I am sorry I missed Dave's post. I would have answered but this sight would not let me in for anything so if you are still around I'd be glad to offer any support I can. Andrew was 15 when he recieved his ICD last year and also has had surgeries for his congenital heart defects.

Well just checking in over here and hope to hear from both new and old friends alike.
Wendy: Andrew's mom(23, L-TGA (ventricular inversion), tricuspid valve replaced 3x-7/96 and 7/05, 6/07 and mitral valve 6/07, MI at last surgery, cardiac arrest August 05, ICD 8/27/05, Bacterial Endocarditis requiring replacement of two valves and his ICD May through July 07) L-VAD 12/7/2010, on the transplant list since April 2011! Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteosness

southpaw

Post by southpaw » October 17th, 2006, 9:29 pm

where do I go to check my private messages? :rolleyes: :D :) :P

cocoalab

Post by cocoalab » October 18th, 2006, 9:30 pm

once your logged in you can just hit the button above that says you have___ new messages. It's next to profile. See it?
Wendy: Andrew's mom(23, L-TGA (ventricular inversion), tricuspid valve replaced 3x-7/96 and 7/05, 6/07 and mitral valve 6/07, MI at last surgery, cardiac arrest August 05, ICD 8/27/05, Bacterial Endocarditis requiring replacement of two valves and his ICD May through July 07) L-VAD 12/7/2010, on the transplant list since April 2011! Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteosness

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » October 19th, 2006, 12:43 pm

Hi Wendy -
I hope everything goes well for Andrew, Im praying for another great appt. Sorry he has been so sick lately.. tell him to feel better soon and keep washing those hands 8) !

I got to talk with Dave's nephews mother on the phone, she is a great lady and going through alot right now with her son. She is lucky to have a great brother in law like ave to connect her to us. I invited them to come and join in here anytime so hopefully she will.
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

cocoalab

Post by cocoalab » October 19th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Hi Cindy and thanks.
His appointment went fine. He looked and sounded fine and doesn't need to return until next summer! Yes!!!

But then today he was complaining about some joint pain in his hands and couldn't move his wrist very much or button. so I called and brought him in once again-this is getting to be a little too much. By the time of his afternoon appointment it was feeling a lot better but not 100% It's a bit of a mystery; we're checking a couple things like possible strept infection in the blood, or even juvenile ruematoid arthritus but that's a stretch just ruling it out. Possibly it is viral related and of course I am leaning twords that. So They should have those results maybe Sat.

His brother Nathan is once again really sick with diaharea. Sometimes it feels like it will never end. It better be a 24 hr bug cause I have had it with testing stool!! He has been in bed since I got home from work and hasn't even asked to eat- VERY unlike him.

But I have finally been cleared to do my job and am officially well. It has been an intresting month for me. Next week I return to my swimming instruction and all the other things I was avoiding.

musicrebel

Post by musicrebel » October 25th, 2006, 2:08 am

is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » October 26th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Wendy - I am glad the appt went so well and you dont have to go back for awhile. I know what you mean about it always being something. Can you imagine how people with 6 or 7 kids do it!?? I hope his wrist & hand pain and stiffness was just viral. One thing you may also want to rule out if it happens again is Lyme Disease. I had it so bad several years back and had terrible problems with my joints, especially, knee, hip, hand and jaw. Whenever I here of people with joint pains I always think lyme now :roll: . I hope Nathan is feeling better by now! Talk to you soon, hope things settle down abit around there for you!
Cyndie
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

cocoalab

Post by cocoalab » November 4th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Sorry I am a little late responding. Andrew's tests were fine. He did show that he had had strept at some point within the last three months but no active infection now.

At first he wa going to start on augmenton but I asked his regular ped if he thought it was necessary and he agreed it wasn't. His symptoms dissapeared and he's been feeling great. Had a big dose of Amoxicillan for his check up and had no cavities. Much better than last time.

Sorry you had Lymes. That's not much fun and often misdiagnosed for a long time. Glad you were treated. Randy was just checked recently for it because of his Reumatoid arthritus. He had many tests and will be starting a new med. I was grateful Andrew doesn't show any signs of that.

Well thanks,
Wendy