More and more off topic post

Posts from Jan 1 2008 thru Dec 31 2008

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

gatornc

More and more off topic post

Post by gatornc » December 29th, 2008, 7:43 pm

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud but more and more I'm seeing more and more off topic post. Yes we all need a laugh from time to time and we are all family here but for some us this is a suport site not just some chatting site. Maybe i'm just being cranky, Please exuse me if I am.

Kathy B

Post by Kathy B » December 29th, 2008, 8:10 pm

Sean you don't have a cranky bone in your body. Hope you and yours are well.
Kathy B
Four open heart surgeries
Lung surgery for paralyzed diaphragm
Seven stents
Stroke
Brain bleed
Pacemaker upgraded to ICD due to SCD episode
Multiple ablations but back in afib 24/7
Loss of my spouse Jim 6-17-2008
Meeting a new Jim
Marry Jim 9-26-2009
New ICD, Concerto and Fidelis lead removal 12-11-2009

Mark

Post by Mark » December 29th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Sean,

I kind of like the off beat or off topic topics myself; they (the posts) seem to offer some humor and good break from an otherwise ICD stress day we all get waaaaaaaaaaaay too often. In my opinion I feel the break intertwines quite well within the regular ICD threads. I actually find some support in the humor of some threads, and keeps me on the up and up with myself. Of course, this is only my opinion and others may feel as you do. I am sure everyone will voice their opinions, and like our own families it's great to have a family-forum like this to do so in.

Sean, you also know this will always be our family's support site- that's never going to change. :)

Lacey

Post by Lacey » December 29th, 2008, 9:50 pm

I don't mind the off topics. I been i feel if we going to be a family(even though i have not been here that long for you guys to get to know me) we should be able to talk about whatever besides icds. Im glad to come on here and see other topic it means less anxiety ppl are having and less zaps. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lAcEY

Clint

Ok gator...

Post by Clint » December 29th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Is it me again?

Clint
I am trying to develop a lifestyle that does not require my presence.

Lacey

Post by Lacey » December 29th, 2008, 11:56 pm

CLINT ,, YOU ARE ONE FUNNY PERSON!!!! I LIKE YOUR STYLE.. ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO SEE WHAT YOU WROTE.... THERE ALWAYS HAS TO BE A CLASS CLOWN SO I CAN YOUR OUR SUPPORT GROUP CLOWN .. I HOPE I DIDN'T OFFEND IF SO IM SO SORRY AND DON'T BE MAD..
lAcEY

Clint

Lacey....;-)

Post by Clint » December 30th, 2008, 12:08 am

HI pal...Of course you didn't offend me. I just am a little gun shy, it wouldn't be the first time I have gotten in trouble. I just get carried away some times.......but I do try to slide in a few intelligent comments every now and then.....

As it applies to you: Image

You're awesome and I am glad that you commented.

Be well.......

Clint

I am trying to develop a lifestyle that does not require my presence.

Kat

Post by Kat » December 30th, 2008, 1:00 am

I too like the off topic posts now and then. I like to get to know everyone and not just what device they have. Off topics help us do that and usually offer a bit of humor that we all need to lighten the load.

We sort of adopted the OT designator in teh subject line that lets everyone know this is a post off topic and not about ICDs. Perhaps if we all just use that and anyone not in the mood can skip that post and move on to the next one.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

gatornc

Post by gatornc » December 30th, 2008, 10:54 am

please pardon me if I ffended anyone with this topic, I like some of the OT stuff also, I was just having a bad day when I wrote it this. Sorry Ya"ll, Love ya mean it!

Aamos

No Offense taken

Post by Aamos » December 30th, 2008, 11:39 am

I understand how if you log in and are feeling tense, down, and in need and open up a lighthearted post, it might feel off-putting. I like the OTs, and Kat makes the point that we all should be careful to label them in the subject line. Everyone is on notice then and can choose to look at it or not.

Clint, you, gun shy? Surely you jest! I like your posts.

grins,
A
Amy/Aamos--wife of DanL, who had SCA 6/1/08; 4x bypass 6/5/08 and Guidant Vitality dual chamber ICD 11/7/08

Lazydays

Post by Lazydays » December 30th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Hey Sean - whilst you have brought up OT posts, can I turn it around and say I have been intrigued by your avatar and have wondered what you do with the gators ? Is it your profession? Would be interested to know if you feel like sharing.
Gary

Life Can Sometimes Be A Shocking Experience

March 1994 - MI
June 2003 - Stent
July 2008 - VT - Stent & ICD fitted
Dec 2008 - Appropriate shock
Sept 2011 - Ventricular Ablation (failed)
May 2012 - Ventricular Ablation
May 2013 - Ventricular Ablation (failed to induce VT )
June 2014 - Ventricular Ablation
25mg Spirolactone
5mg Bisoprolol
10mg Ramipril
40mg Pravastatin
Warfarin
Disopyramide - 400 mg

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB » December 30th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Gary.speaking of avatars when I saw your current one just now while reading posts I actually brushed my monitor screen because I thought it was an real fly or gnat LOL. Now please keep in mind that I am totally sober and that I don't have my contacts in right now due to allergies but it truly tickled me when it happened.

DonnaB

markokc4863

Post by markokc4863 » December 30th, 2008, 2:46 pm

I can understand having problems with it if you're having a bad day. I find that I have issues with things like that also when I'm having a bad day.
Mark

Medtronic Virtuoso DR
Sudden Cardiac Death - 5/7/2008 (my wedding anniversary)
ICD Implant - 5/9/2008
First Shock - 6/9/2008

Mark

Post by Mark » December 30th, 2008, 3:41 pm

gatornc wrote:please pardon me if I ffended anyone with this topic, I like some of the OT stuff also, I was just having a bad day when I wrote it this. Sorry Ya"ll, Love ya mean it!

Sean,

Don't be silly! You could never offend us here- we're family and aren't easily offended by comments form other family members. I think several months back there were some problems about posts but the comments made were of a different attitude and directed differently. You made an observation and are entitled to that: don't ever change because we all love you the way you are buddy. :)

And trust me: I have so many of those bad days I should probably be shot over some of the things I post.... yours was fine.

Lacey

Post by Lacey » December 30th, 2008, 3:46 pm

LOL NOW I KNOW WHAT OT MEANS!!! THats so funny i never knew and never asked. Im laughing at myself.. Off topic.. Im so smart ..
lAcEY