Strange Random ???

Posts from Jan 1 2008 thru Dec 31 2008

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

Aamos

Post by Aamos » December 30th, 2008, 12:01 pm

We had a similar discussion on a runners' board where I post. It was a while ago, so I don't remember what we decided [I know, I'm an eejit :roll: ] but I think people who were interested shared their emails off the board.

DonnaB, I'm so glad you posted. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It must take a lot of energy to be her support person when --at least some days-- you probably just want to curl up and cry and have her comfort you.

It may seem selfish of me, but I so enjoy learning about people who post here. I've said a number of times we are having our struggles dealing with life after the implant. Most people in our daily lives don't understand and like you, we don't want to drone on and on about adjustments, problems, etc. [By the way, also like you, when I had breast cancer, I didn't tell too many people at first. I didn't want to deal with their "cancer faces" and pity. I also didn't want to have to reassure them I would be ok!]

When you post and share your feelings, it truly helps. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Sincerely,

Amy
Amy/Aamos--wife of DanL, who had SCA 6/1/08; 4x bypass 6/5/08 and Guidant Vitality dual chamber ICD 11/7/08

jana

Post by jana » December 31st, 2008, 12:51 am

Once upon a time, several of us shared emails, addresses, and/or phone numbers just in case of such an event. So, if I were to disappear, I think Helen and Eve have my info if they got really worried and wanted to call.

So, if everyone will pick someone they feel they can trust, email (or PM) their info, then somebody will know how to contact you and/or family.

Jana

Helen

Post by Helen » December 31st, 2008, 1:38 pm

Yes Jana, I still have your address and phone number.. You also gave me your mother's phone and your sisters' phone numbers.. In that e-mail you also e-mailed Shelby and Don..(neither of them are around lately)... When this group started I joined and had my daughter Barbara join so she could always come in here and post if I should go into the hospital or anything else that put me among the missing..I think Barbara posted about 3-4 times then said it was MY group and she would just read and post if it was necessary. I also know quite a few people in the group who have my phone number like Eve, Allen, Sean, Cindy (Jake's mom), Cindy (with horses), and a few more. As you said when there are people we identify with and get along with we start to private message them, then eventually get phone numbers and make friends and keep in touch. As a matter of fact, Jana, I think your e-mail was great with family members we can call..With Eve, I have her brother's name and e-mail address. Anyone wanting to give their phone number or regular e-mail name can private message another member they like. Anyway, that's all folks!!!! Love, Helen
Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.