Jake had surgery yesterday

Posts from Jan 1 2008 thru Dec 31 2008

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

karslake

Post by karslake » August 10th, 2008, 2:44 am

My dear Cyndie,
Love, hugs, prayers and tears coming for you and Jake.
God bless you all.
Love
Eve & Blabbermouth 111

Allen59

Post by Allen59 » August 10th, 2008, 11:46 am

Hi Cindy. I haven't posted in a while but thought yours was a "mustpost". You and everyone else were there for me last year, and I appreciate that from the bottem of my artifical heart pump. Cindy, you never cease to amaze me. I see you, Jake, and Katie on my calender, and think "wow" what a beautiful person you and your family are. You never seem to get tired or down, even with 2 children that have ICD's like you. You are always right for them, and I think you deserve the woman of the year award.

Tell Jake I hope he goes pee today on his on, and I emphatize with him about the Catherter. I wish him a speedy recovery and am glad he got to go to Mexico before the leads failed. Yes, IM glad they didn't fail in Mexico. I've been tryinjg to get Suzy to take a vacation, but she is a little frightened that something might happen to me and she would be stuck somewhere. Wow, Maui, what a place to be stuck. :lol: I told her we had an ICDer on Maui but she still is hesitant.

God bless and stay strong.

Allen

Kat

Post by Kat » August 10th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Wow, Cyndie, so sorry this is happening to Jake. What a rough thing to go through for the guy. At least Mexico was fun and uneventful. Thinking of you both.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

reneemj

Post by reneemj » August 10th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Hi Cyndie,

Just wanted to send my love and prayers to Jake, yourself and the rest of your family.

Peace and lots of love
Renee
Renee

AndreaA

Post by AndreaA » August 10th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Hi Cyndie - I haven't been online in a couple of days and I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your family and sending prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery for Jake
Long QT Syndrome -
Sudden Cardiac Arrest 5/13/08;
Medtronic Virtuoso DR 05/16/08
West Palm Beach, Florida

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 10th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Eve and Helen, it was nice to feel your tears along with mine yesterday..thanks both of you for never failing to be there for me, you know I have a special place in my heart for you. And Thank you everyone for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes for Jake. It is so nice to be able to log on and feel the reassurance and support from everyone, it helps more than you know.

Allen,
Im glad you posted, it was good to hear from you and your kind words are so touching and I know somehow we always get through. You post reminds me that the only way we can teach the kids perserverence is doing so ourselves. But I sure dont feel very amazing or award deserving, your the one who deserves that one, look at you, you are an inspiration to me. How are you feeling? I like your Maui idea... let me know if you can talk Suzy into it and maybe we can meet up there 8)-

Todays Jake Update... he is starting to run a fever so we have to watch that and he is still in a lot of pain and is scared to move because he is afraid it will hurt, but two steps forward..He is peeing on his own now - he says it is burning though... and we got him to sit up a little tonight. He took two teaspoons of ice cream and some licks of a popsicle but then started to dry heeve so he had more zofran and some reglan and is feeling a little better right now. He heard them talking about the morphine pump may be what is making him sick so now he is afraid to press the pca button so I am hoping he can hold something down so we can get him on oral pain meds before his pain gets ahead of him. Tomorrow a quick trip to the cath lab is scheduled so they can check out the stents that he had put in the last surgery.

Talk to you tomorrow!
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

TravelingMan

Post by TravelingMan » August 10th, 2008, 8:59 pm

Glad to hear Jake is doing better. I've done the dry heaves before so he's got my sympathy. He's a tough kid, a real fighter, to go thru all this. I don't blame him about the morphine. Sometimes the pain meds are worse than the pain. Hang in there, I know it's worse for your kids to go thru it than going thru it yourself.

Jean

Cyndie

Post by Jean » August 10th, 2008, 11:52 pm

Sending many get well wishes for Jake.

karslake

Post by karslake » August 11th, 2008, 12:38 am

Hi again, Cyndie,

I do soooo agree with Allen - you deserve a 'Woman of the Year' award, or 'Wonder Woman'. As I have said so many times before, you are so beautiful and I honestly don't know how you cope. Your calendar is right near my phone, so I see you, Jake and Katie every day.

Love and hugs.
Eve & Blabbermouth 111

~guin

Post by ~guin » August 11th, 2008, 3:35 am

I am so sorry you all have to go through this,,,,, Has he recovered from his other bug?

Prayers alllll the waaaay from Germany,
~guin

KevMay53

Post by KevMay53 » August 11th, 2008, 6:46 am

It is too bad that children have to go through something like this, but they always prove more resilent than adults. I know that Jake will bounce back quicker than you or I could have ever imagined.

I also understand about feeling sick. I always get sick whenever I have any type of Anesthesia. This last time they also gave me morphine and I could not hold anything down. awful

My prayers are with you and Jake, and I am sure that everything will turn out all right.

Kevin

PandaPAB

Post by PandaPAB » August 11th, 2008, 10:40 am

Hoping everything is OK....

Sending hugs!
~Trish
40 Years Old
Boston Scientific Confient E030 Placed 07/25/2008
First 'zap' 515AM 01/03/2009 - VT Episode
Inappropriate STORM of FIVE Shocks 7/6/2013 - at MY WEDDING!!!
Diagnosed with HOCM 05/17/2008
Diagnosed with ITP 02/26/2002

Helen

Post by Helen » August 11th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Dear, dear Cyndie, you know you and Jake and your whole family are in my thoughts and my prayers at all times and doubly so now.. I'm shouting to the heavens ENOUGH, this family has had ENOUGH.. God I really hope it will get better soon and that Jake will have years of health and you will have years of peace.. If you need to scream aloud, call me anytime. Love, Helen
Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.

markokc4863

Post by markokc4863 » August 11th, 2008, 3:28 pm

I know my Wife had used a Morphine Pump and she became very sick, so don't rule that one out for sure. I have a feeling that could be a big part of it.
Mark

Medtronic Virtuoso DR
Sudden Cardiac Death - 5/7/2008 (my wedding anniversary)
ICD Implant - 5/9/2008
First Shock - 6/9/2008

beachjay

Post by beachjay » August 11th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Cyndie, I am sorry Jake is having such a miserable time and hope by today he is feeling a bit better. Take care of yourself too.....
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell