Stents

Posts from Jan 1 2008 thru Dec 31 2008

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

Poppy

Stents

Post by Poppy » September 24th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Hi everyone. This is Poppy from the UK. It is so helpful to read your comments. Very reassuring sometimes.

Have any of you had stents fitted in your hearts? I had one when I had a heart attack in May. VT in my case. I have a ICD and one stent, However sometimes you are overwhelmed when you visit a clinic, and anyway they are always busy. There seems to be a lot of heart issues in the UK, but perhaps it is the same the world over.

Anyway I have never asked them about the stent. Does it have to be replaced like the ICD ? In my case it was one of the main arteries which was blocked, but the others were ok, so I was told. Have seen the diagram of my heart in my notes, but it doesn't mean a lot to me. I was never good at reading maps ha ha !

I have to take a tablet for the stent twice along with other meds, betablockers and others. Feeling very well, so it must be working. Can't wait to drive again. About 6 weeks to go. However, please can i have some comments. Thanks, Poppy.

freckles1880

Re: Stents

Post by freckles1880 » September 24th, 2016, 4:17 pm

I had a stent put in in 2014. I was off my Warfarin for a year and took another pill for that time. I am now back on Warfarin. To my knowledge the stent should last indefinitely.

wavhi
Bob

Medtronic-Visia AF implanted 7-8-2016 stayed with the with 6947 Sprint Quattro Secure lead. Original ICD implant 2-4-2009. ICD turned off 10-6-17 as stage 4 lung cancer taking over.
Major heart attack, carcinogenic shock and quad bypass 10-13-08 post myocardial infarction, old inferior MI complicated by shock and CHF, combined, Atherosclerosis, abdominal aortic Aneurysm, Seroma 7 cm, left leg. Stent in the left main vein 10-7-2014

My "Wardens" are my bride of 54+ years and my daughters.