Jake had surgery yesterday

Posts from Jan 1 2008 thru Dec 31 2008

Moderators: Suzanne, ~guin

Momof2HeartKids
Forum Moderator

Post by Momof2HeartKids » August 14th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Hi Everyone, sorry I havent been able to keep everyone as updated as I would have liked, it has been a whirlwind of days and my computer wasnt working at the hospital correctly... so the good news is WE'RE HOME! We got a couple hours ago.

So here is the update...
Jake ended up getting blisters on his ear and behind, he started getting them behind his ear, his hairline, his back and then around his incision. The cultures for shingles, chicken pox and other viruses came back negative. They said it didnt look like anything typical that they have seen. He has some swollen lymph nodes in his armpits, neck and groin but that could also be just from the surgery so who knows. The dermatologist think it may be some type of allergic dermatitis and infectious disease wasnt as sure. But, the good news is that they are resolving on there own and he is not spiking a temp. They want them looked at here every other day until they are cleared up but I already see them either popping or drying up. The ones I was concerned about were around his incision because they couldnt tell us 100% it wasnt some type of infection. But the cardiac surgeon did not want them messing with taking samples around his incision and that was the only area the blisters had yellow vs. clear fluid. So we may never know. But they look sooo much better.

They said his lungs no longer sound diminished and cardiac wise things are good too. He had some arrythmias alternating between jumping up high and then beating real low and the PVCs even on his medication but they think are all just from the surgery and his heart being messed with and should calm down during the healing process. He looks great today, what a difference a day made in him. When we tried to get him to sit up on Tuesday he almost passed out and right now he is sitting up on the couch playing video games with Katie. He is a trooper and doing great. They didnt have to cut his sternum like the last time this time just the zyphoid so his recovery time should be much better than last time too. Im sure its a matter of days until I am trying to make him not over do it instead of coaching him up. :) :lol:

Thank you all so much for all the well wishes and prayers!!
Wishing You a Zap Free Day,
Cyndie

(Brugada Syndrome, Long QT Syndrome, Sick Sinus Syndrome, ICD & 2 children one with Brugada, ICD and one with Brugada, Long QT and removed ICD due to staph)

Kat

Post by Kat » August 14th, 2008, 6:38 pm

I just love the fact that through all of this Jake is still being a little boy. What a trooper. I am pretty sure that I would be a basket case. Thinking all sorts of postive and healing thoughts for him and some comfort and rest for you.
~Kat - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
-That which does not kill us can really mess up our hair!
-Having one near life experience after another.

Intro post: http://www.icdsupportgroup.org/board/vi ... 5694#p5694

Mark

Post by Mark » August 14th, 2008, 6:46 pm

Cyndie,

I have been following this Cyndie and sorry for not responding earlier. I love when you write the good news and it always brings a smile to my face considering that little Jake has been through so much. Like Kat says the resilience of the young is truly amazing as he seems to be doing well. You know that your family has been in my prayers and will continue to be so- Jake is an amazing kid, but even more so he is so fortunate to have an amazing mom! :D

Helen

Post by Helen » August 14th, 2008, 6:56 pm

Cyndie, I am so very happy that Jake is home and healing.. I was writing you a long post before when a crack of thunder hit the house and lights out! As long as the electricity wasn't coming from inside my body and just knocked out the lights and TV and PC that's fine with me..it didn't knock me out.. Anyway, I'm back and I am thrilled and delighted that Jake is back... Give him a big hug from me. Love, Helen
Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.

beachjay

Post by beachjay » August 14th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Very happy Jake is home and recovering well ! Take care of yourself Cyndie !.....
Jacky in Texas

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.....Bertrand Russell

Aphra

Post by Aphra » August 14th, 2008, 8:11 pm

What great news, Cyndie! I'm so glad to hear Jake is doing so much better.
Helen

HCM and Brugada Syndrome
Lead fracture and shock July 3, 2011
Laser lead extraction and ICD replacement July 25, 2011
Medtronic Protecta ICD

karslake

Post by karslake » August 14th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Hi dear Cyndie,

So glad to hear that Jake is progressing by the day. Must be a great relief to you, too. As the others have said 'What a little trooper' and " What a Mum!"
My love and hugs to you all.
Eve & Blabbermouth 111

BruceV

Post by BruceV » August 14th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Glad to hear the good news.

Bruce

reneemj

Post by reneemj » August 14th, 2008, 10:18 pm

Cyndi,

You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers!! I'm so glad that Jake is home and doing well.

I'm sure you're tired, so try and get some rest and remember to take care of yourself too!!!!

Lots of love and prayers ..

Renee
Renee

AndreaA

Post by AndreaA » August 16th, 2008, 10:49 am

Hi Cyndie - just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you and the kids and sending positive vibes your way - I'm so glad to hear that Jake is doing better every day - When does school start for your kids?
Long QT Syndrome -
Sudden Cardiac Arrest 5/13/08;
Medtronic Virtuoso DR 05/16/08
West Palm Beach, Florida

Diana

Re: Jake had surgery yesterday

Post by Diana » February 7th, 2017, 2:27 pm

My two girls have Brugada. They are 16 and 13. If you'd like to chat email me at (E-mail address pulled by Freckles1880, please use the PM to contact her)( pulled for the safety of the member from spammers)